Chitwood-Heather Post Dust-Up
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Chitwood-Heather Post Dust-Up

So a recent News-Journal article brought to light an ugly episode in which our mean-spirited, hateful, self-absorbed, bully of a Sheriff called out a fellow elected official in a testy e-mail exchange. Chitwood characteristically hurled insults while launching angry accusations of interference and alarming, unethical and unprofessional behavior. Not so surprising…..until you realize that the target of Chitwood’s verbal assault was his now bosom-buddy and political alter ego, Heather Post. The incident began seemingly innocently enough last July, after Post received a heart-wrenching e-mail from an exasperated constituent fed up with the way DCF was handling a sex abuse case in which the constituent’s young daughter was the victim. Post crossed Chitwood when she reached out to one of the Sheriff’s investigative supervisors to ask if he knew of any victim services to help the family. Mind you, this wasn’t a VCSO case and Post wasn’t seeking sensitive investigative information – just some help for the child victim. That didn’t seem to matter to Chitwood, who apparently was enraged. Chitwood blasted Post in an e-mail, admonishing her for directly contacting one of his employees instead of going to him. Then he pointed out that he was aware of the situation and had already started looking into it. “I received this same email and discussed it w/CID prior to your interference,” Chitwood snapped at Post in an e-mail. In her response, Post told Chitwood that she would welcome the opportunity to discuss issues with him, if only he would respond to her inquiries. Said Post in her reply to Chitwood: “I have contacted you numerous times on varying issues in the last several months and can get no response.” Continuing to stand her ground, Post essentially told Chitwood that she wasn’t going to be pushed around. Here’s another direct quote from her e-mail: “If a citizen contacts me again, I will continue to do my job. This entails inquiring to anyone that I deem necessary to obtain general information from.” Predictably, the response didn’t go over well with Chitwood. He accused Post of lying about a few things. For those unfamiliar with Post’s past, not the first time she has been accused of fudging the truth. Chitwood also told Post that he found some of her behavior to be alarming, unprofessional, unethical and problematic. In fact, according to Chitwood, some of her offensive behavior was contained in text messages that he threatened to hand over to the news media. Then, to reassert his dominance and warn her to stop meddling in his police business, Chitwood told Post: “There is one certified, elected law enforcement professional in this county, and it is not you.” And for good measure, he added: “This will be my last email to you.”
    For those who want to read the e-mails in their entirety, they can be found on the Facebook page ABC Sheriff 2020:
    https://www.facebook.com/abcsheriff2...type=3&theater
    Interesting, juicy stuff, for sure. Now I’m not going to give an opinion on who was right and who was wrong in the Chitwood-Post dust-up. To do that would miss the point. The two evidently have made up. After all, it was in their joint political interests. They shared common goals, like getting rid of the County Manager and trying to undermine Post’s Council colleagues. And Post is doing Chitwood’s bidding by supporting the doomed Amendment 10. The real point here is that Chitwood is a user. He uses people when it serves his personal political agenda and then turns on them and tosses them to the curb like garbage after he’s squeezed all of the selfish benefit he can out of the relationship. Mark my words: Chitwood will kick Heather Post to the curb - again - once he’s gotten everything he needs from her and she is no longer helpful in implementing the Sheriff’s selfish and self-serving agenda. When she does get tossed out with the trash, I won’t feel one bit bad for the grandstanding and opportunistic Post. But when it happens, she will join a very, very long list. Because it eventually happens to everyone who has the misfortune of getting sucked into Chitwood’s orbit. Just one more reason why Chitwood must go in 2020!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So a recent News-Journal article brought to light an ugly episode in which our mean-spirited, hateful, self-absorbed, bully of a Sheriff called out a fellow elected official in a testy e-mail exchange. Chitwood characteristically hurled insults while launching angry accusations of interference and alarming, unethical and unprofessional behavior. Not so surprising…..until you realize that the target of Chitwood’s verbal assault was his now bosom-buddy and political alter ego, Heather Post. The incident began seemingly innocently enough last July, after Post received a heart-wrenching e-mail from an exasperated constituent fed up with the way DCF was handling a sex abuse case in which the constituent’s young daughter was the victim. Post crossed Chitwood when she reached out to one of the Sheriff’s investigative supervisors to ask if he knew of any victim services to help the family. Mind you, this wasn’t a VCSO case and Post wasn’t seeking sensitive investigative information – just some help for the child victim. That didn’t seem to matter to Chitwood, who apparently was enraged. Chitwood blasted Post in an e-mail, admonishing her for directly contacting one of his employees instead of going to him. Then he pointed out that he was aware of the situation and had already started looking into it. “I received this same email and discussed it w/CID prior to your interference,” Chitwood snapped at Post in an e-mail. In her response, Post told Chitwood that she would welcome the opportunity to discuss issues with him, if only he would respond to her inquiries. Said Post in her reply to Chitwood: “I have contacted you numerous times on varying issues in the last several months and can get no response.” Continuing to stand her ground, Post essentially told Chitwood that she wasn’t going to be pushed around. Here’s another direct quote from her e-mail: “If a citizen contacts me again, I will continue to do my job. This entails inquiring to anyone that I deem necessary to obtain general information from.” Predictably, the response didn’t go over well with Chitwood. He accused Post of lying about a few things. For those unfamiliar with Post’s past, not the first time she has been accused of fudging the truth. Chitwood also told Post that he found some of her behavior to be alarming, unprofessional, unethical and problematic. In fact, according to Chitwood, some of her offensive behavior was contained in text messages that he threatened to hand over to the news media. Then, to reassert his dominance and warn her to stop meddling in his police business, Chitwood told Post: “There is one certified, elected law enforcement professional in this county, and it is not you.” And for good measure, he added: “This will be my last email to you.”
    For those who want to read the e-mails in their entirety, they can be found on the Facebook page ABC Sheriff 2020:
    Interesting, juicy stuff, for sure. Now I’m not going to give an opinion on who was right and who was wrong in the Chitwood-Post dust-up. To do that would miss the point. The two evidently have made up. After all, it was in their joint political interests. They shared common goals, like getting rid of the County Manager and trying to undermine Post’s Council colleagues. And Post is doing Chitwood’s bidding by supporting the doomed Amendment 10. The real point here is that Chitwood is a user. He uses people when it serves his personal political agenda and then turns on them and tosses them to the curb like garbage after he’s squeezed all of the selfish benefit he can out of the relationship. Mark my words: Chitwood will kick Heather Post to the curb - again - once he’s gotten everything he needs from her and she is no longer helpful in implementing the Sheriff’s selfish and self-serving agenda. When she does get tossed out with the trash, I won’t feel one bit bad for the grandstanding and opportunistic Post. But when it happens, she will join a very, very long list. Because it eventually happens to everyone who has the misfortune of getting sucked into Chitwood’s orbit. Just one more reason why Chitwood must go in 2020!
    I have a prediction. And that is, that this discussion will go nowhere because nobody has the time to read the garbage you posted.

Unregistered
    I have a prediction. And that is, that this discussion will go nowhere because nobody has the time to read the garbage you posted.
    I might agree that this discussion will go nowhere...because of the individuals it involves (lying Mikey Chitwood and Heather Post). But I am making the time to read it. And I think it further supports voting no on Amendment 10.

I figure the Chitwood Kool Ade drinkers will be calling this fake news, bad mouthing Alvin and Henry, and saying Ben Johnson also had problems.

Unregistered
    I am not a regular commentator on this site but I do have what has transpired involving this particular thread. It is true that Heather Post was giving Chitwood the business in the emails. Chitwood was getting angry and through a couple of different avenues told Heather Post and Randy Post that if Heather did not back off Randy was going to find his way out of training. And everybody knows that is something Randy would be afraid of. Thus no more nasty emails from Heather Post to Chitwood.

Fast forward a few months and we come to Ben Johnson deciding to run for county council. Everybody knows he was going to be a shoe in....due to his "competition" (Durham). Heather Post and Mike Chitwood decide to join forces and start the serious effort to get Dinneen removed. Why? Because Heather Post is still upset over Ben Johnson forcing her to resign (due to her veracity issues) and Chitwood being extremely jealous of Sheriff Johnson. They realized that Ben Johnson is not going to stand for a lot that has been going on in the Sheriffs Office when he takes his position as a councilman.

Unregistered
    I am not a regular commentator on this site but I do have what has transpired involving this particular thread. It is true that Heather Post was giving Chitwood the business in the emails. Chitwood was getting angry and through a couple of different avenues told Heather Post and Randy Post that if Heather did not back off Randy was going to find his way out of training. And everybody knows that is something Randy would be afraid of. Thus no more nasty emails from Heather Post to Chitwood.

Fast forward a few months and we come to Ben Johnson deciding to run for county council. Everybody knows he was going to be a shoe in....due to his "competition" (Durham). Heather Post and Mike Chitwood decide to join forces and start the serious effort to get Dinneen removed. Why? Because Heather Post is still upset over Ben Johnson forcing her to resign (due to her veracity issues) and Chitwood being extremely jealous of Sheriff Johnson. They realized that Ben Johnson is not going to stand for a lot that has been going on in the Sheriffs Office when he takes his position as a councilman.
    Ben Johnson is gone from the Sheriff's office, and so is his control. His influence and respect from the citizens remains. I see Ben coming in and doing the best he can for us. I do see future problems arising from Mr Johnson's "at large" position. Citizens are going to ask him to look into this, or check on that in Sheriff's office matters. If you think Post angered Chitwood, just wait until Ben does his job. Chitwood controlled the Posts', what will he do to Ben? He cannot (will not) control Ben Johnson. Mr Johnson is honest and fair, he knows his job and will be professional as he always has been. There will be fireworks to come, that's for sure... It's just not the level of hype DBNJ wants you to believe. Ben is an honest man. I do not believe Chitwood will threaten him in any way. Ben changed all he needed to change in the department during his 16 years. It's not his place anymore and he knows it. The public will seek his honest help when issues involving VCSO arise. How Chitwood accepts will be the newsworthy part. Sure is clear to me why everyone fears Chit-Stain. Imagine a boss, threatening your livelihood for doing your job. And to the original thread poster, you are right, Heather Post will get discarded eventually, as she should.

Unregistered
    Ben Johnson is gone from the Sheriff's office, and so is his control. His influence and respect from the citizens remains. I see Ben coming in and doing the best he can for us. I do see future problems arising from Mr Johnson's "at large" position. Citizens are going to ask him to look into this, or check on that in Sheriff's office matters. If you think Post angered Chitwood, just wait until Ben does his job. Chitwood controlled the Posts', what will he do to Ben? He cannot (will not) control Ben Johnson. Mr Johnson is honest and fair, he knows his job and will be professional as he always has been. There will be fireworks to come, that's for sure... It's just not the level of hype DBNJ wants you to believe. Ben is an honest man. I do not believe Chitwood will threaten him in any way. Ben changed all he needed to change in the department during his 16 years. It's not his place anymore and he knows it. The public will seek his honest help when issues involving VCSO arise. How Chitwood accepts will be the newsworthy part. Sure is clear to me why everyone fears Chit-Stain. Imagine a boss, threatening your livelihood for doing your job. And to the original thread poster, you are right, Heather Post will get discarded eventually, as she should.
    Good post. It is all about control with Chitwood. That is why there has been a wealth of experience and knowledge leaving the VCSO since Chitwood took office. Most who have left did not feel the need to be controlled to the level that Chitwood likes. And that is why others stay (due to pay, retirement, etc). That is why Randy and Heather backed down. That is why you see Piser leave her post as a division chief and not provide the real reason.

Unregistered
    I love the photo of Chitwood at the crime scene wearing blue jeans. Of course no firearm. He is such a classic. Dresses like a professional, has the accoutrements (firearms, etc) of a professional. Keep setting the bar high for others to follow Chitty.

Unregistered
    I love the photo of Chitwood at the crime scene wearing blue jeans. Of course no firearm. He is such a classic. Dresses like a professional, has the accoutrements (firearms, etc) of a professional. Keep setting the bar high for others to follow Chitty.
    What is the matter with wearing a pair of faded, worn out blue jeans to a crime scene? Chitwood is too busy pandering to illegal immigrants to do laundry. And the reason for no firearm is obvious...have you seen him shoot one? Safety first...leave firearms and shooting to professionals.

Unregistered
    What is the matter with wearing a pair of faded, worn out blue jeans to a crime scene? Chitwood is too busy pandering to illegal immigrants to do laundry. And the reason for no firearm is obvious...have you seen him shoot one? Safety first...leave firearms and shooting to professionals.
    Don't tell Chitwood this but Gunny Highway thinks appearance matters as well.....

At one point, Highway tells his men, “When you start looking like Marines, you’ll start feeling like Marines, and pretty soon, God dammit, you’ll start acting like Marines.” This is probably the most true thing anyone has ever said. Oftentimes, taking care of uniform issues and cleanliness is perceived as administrivia. In reality, it’s one of the biggest things that distinguish bad units and organizations from great ones, both in and out of the military.
    Of note, “Heartbreak Ridge” was also very forward thinking environmentally for the time. As Highway stomps on a Marine’s non-regulation sunglasses, he informs the Devildog that “You shouldn’t litter, Fagetti, it’s ecologically unsound.” Don’t litter. It’s bad for the planet.

Unregistered
    Don't tell Chitwood this but Gunny Highway thinks appearance matters as well.....

At one point, Highway tells his men, “When you start looking like Marines, you’ll start feeling like Marines, and pretty soon, God dammit, you’ll start acting like Marines.” This is probably the most true thing anyone has ever said. Oftentimes, taking care of uniform issues and cleanliness is perceived as administrivia. In reality, it’s one of the biggest things that distinguish bad units and organizations from great ones, both in and out of the military.
    Of note, “Heartbreak Ridge” was also very forward thinking environmentally for the time. As Highway stomps on a Marine’s non-regulation sunglasses, he informs the Devildog that “You shouldn’t litter, Fagetti, it’s ecologically unsound.” Don’t litter. It’s bad for the planet.
    I don't think FHP is too cool with the wearing of old, worn out blue jeans either.

https://www.flhsmv.gov/fhp/Manuals/0601.pdf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast