Sarasota School Police Chief Tim Enos - Hired
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Senior Member LEO Affairs Lieutenant

Lightbulb Sarasota School Police Chief Tim Enos - Hired

Quote Originally Posted by “Elizabeth Djinis”
    Sarasota County Schools’ Police Department underwent a major leadership shakeup, with the departure of the district’s head of security (Michael Andreas) and reassignment of the department’s police chief (Paul Grohowski) to an administrative role separate from the school’s police, and a successor (Tim Enos) hired.

Enos previously supervised the agency’s Youth Services division for 15 years, where he worked closely with school officials daily.

Superintendent Todd Bowden said, “We had an opportunity to bring Tim Enos over and we needed to create a situation in which he would be successful. Tim Enos is the expert on school-based policing, not just in Sarasota. The idea that he wasn’t working with our police department seemed like we were missing out on an opportunity. For us to bring Tim over to work with us is a huge step forward for our department.”

Bowden said, “I certainly think Tim Enos will have the ability to pick up the phone and not only call the sheriff, but any member of staff at the Sheriff’s Office.”

Enos said...
    Full story:
    https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/2...ief-reassigned
    Journalism can never be silent: that is its greatest virtue and its greatest fault. It must speak, and speak immediately, while the echoes of wonder, the claims of triumph and the signs of horror are still in the air.

Unregistered
    So much for considering an application there.

Unregistered

It is what it is...

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So much for considering an application there.
    An application process does not show what you are getting in the future, whereas by hiring a known variable, you know exactly what you are getting. Tim Enos has a known track record because he has been embedded with the Sarasota school system for many years. As a result, he has valuable institutional knowledge which is priceless:

• The school board is comfortable with Enos. The landings is comfortable with him. They have all worked with him for many years, while he was the leader of the SRO unit.
    • Enos knows the politics. He knows "who's who" and who to kiss ass to and who to avoid at all cost. He knows who to placate and who to ignore. He knows the internal political system.
    • He has dealt just about every law enforcement situation that can happen in a school system. As a result, he knows exactly what to do in complicated felonious situations i.e. a kiddie complains that she is being molested by her step father at her home, but not on school property. Enos knows exactly who to call. He knows who to "hand off" felony cases to. As a result, he can tell LE school supervisors exactly what to do. He can properly direct them because he knows the external law enforcement system i.e. SSO, SPD, VPD and NPPD. He's worked with those external agencies for many years. He knows how the integrated political and law enforcement systems work.
    • He knows how to train SROs and he knows where to send them for that expertise.
    • He knows how to mitigate or squash politically sensitive scenarios, thus preventing them from exploding into political hot potatoes that are splashed across the media i.e. he stops bad press by properly handling political situations before they mushroom into untenable situations. An ounce of (pre-interventive) prevention is worth a pound of cure.

It is what it is.

Unregistered

Not surprised

I'm not the least bit surprised at this! A corrupt school superintendent hires corrupt chief was going to lead to problems, especially in a startup agency. This department won't survive.

Unregistered
    I'm not the least bit surprised at this! A corrupt school superintendent hires corrupt chief was going to lead to problems, especially in a startup agency. This department won't survive.
    You need a refresher course on corruption inside Knight's inner circle, so click here for it.

Unregistered
    As long as Enos is there, the school PD will thrive. And if Enos develops a succession training plan, where all the school PD leaders are properly trained and groomed, then the next chief can be selected internally for a smooth transition in operations.

When the SROs were placed under Knight, he cut the number of SROs in half (you will have to ask Knight why he got rid of SROs). Then the state legislature mandated that the school SRO unit had to be increased, which is why the school created its own PD to protect the schools. Thus, the school police department is here to stay.

Also, when Knight started calling school board members names, it was childish and it left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths. It's highly unlikely that Knight will be invited to return to the school system after that publicized stunt.

Unregistered

Enos

When is he leaving and who will take his spot?

Unregistered
    In 6 months and Toby Davis

Unregistered

wow

that's kinda scary...………..him around all those women!

Senior Member LEO Affairs Lieutenant

Lightbulb Tim Enos sworn-in as School District Chief of Police and Security

Quote Originally Posted by “Elizabeth Djinis”
    Timothy Enos retired from the Sarasota Sheriff’s Office so he could be sworn in as the police chief of the Sarasota County Schools and head of security.

Enos’ hiring was a result of months of bickering between Sheriff Tom Knight and school personnel. Knight said, ”He’s going to take you in the direction that you want to go with your school district.”

The audience featured almost as many law enforcement officers as school employees. Jeff Maultsby, the chief operating officer, remarked on how many chiefs were present, including NPPD, LBKPD, SMH police, New College and SPD.

Superintendent Todd Bowden drew on Enos’ experience supervising the Sarasota Sheriff’s Office’s Youth Services division for 15 years, where he worked with many of the school employees who are still in place today. Bowden said, “His heart is with our students. He is a school-based police officer through and through. That’s where his heart is at. I go back to the very first conversation I had, when Jeff Maultsby came to me and said, ‘Hey, I think I may be able to get Tim Enos as chief,’ and I said, ‘If you can get that, I’ll clear the road’.”

Enos said, “This is an unbelievable thing. Never did I wake up one day, as a graduate of Florida State University, and think, ‘Oh, one day, I’m going to be the chief of police of the school district’.”
    Full story:
    https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/2...orn-in?start=3
    Last edited by Media; 11-27-2018 at 11:15 PM.
    Journalism can never be silent: that is its greatest virtue and its greatest fault. It must speak, and speak immediately, while the echoes of wonder, the claims of triumph and the signs of horror are still in the air.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast