Censorship

Thread: Censorship

Unregistered

Censorship

The moderators don't like us discussing the light duty positions. I will contact the site moderators

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The moderators don't like us discussing the light duty positions. I will contact the site moderators
    I am the site moderator. I oversee all of the moderators and message boards. I reviewed the the thread you are talking about and there were to many specifics that identified and slammed "easily identifiable people." This is a violation of the Terms of Use.

Now, if you want to talk about light duty positions, please feel free to do so, but do it in such a way, that you aren't slamming anyone in doing so.

Thanks,

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

Unregistered

Pick and choose

There are plenty of threads that slammed easily identified people that weren't removed. But I guess you didn't mind those easily identified people being slammed.

Unregistered

Angry much?

If you're so upset about the four people you mentioned being on light duty, why not go and speak with them? You obviously are angry and don't like them which, to each their own. You're so upset your post keeps getting deleted - maybe take that as a hint and instead of anonymously posting a post on here - how about you speak with the four you mentioned and ask what's going on with them medically to be on light duty. That's what adults do - speak with each other, not about each other. Also, you failed to mention the other officers on light/limited duty in your original post. Are you chauvinistic or just selective with who you are trying to slam?

Unregistered
    If you're so upset about the four people you mentioned being on light duty, why not go and speak with them? You obviously are angry and don't like them which, to each their own. You're so upset your post keeps getting deleted - maybe take that as a hint and instead of anonymously posting a post on here - how about you speak with the four you mentioned and ask what's going on with them medically to be on light duty. That's what adults do - speak with each other, not about each other. Also, you failed to mention the other officers on light/limited duty in your original post. Are you chauvinistic or just selective with who you are trying to slam?
    That's exactly my point. No one is mentioning the others on light duty. The post only got deleted when a queen was mentioned.

Unregistered

Um, no

That's exactly my point. No one is mentioning the others on light duty. The post only got deleted when a queen was mentioned.
    No, what you wrote in your post about the four individuals was enough for anyone to know who you were speaking about, even the general public. There are a small few, male and female, who are on light or limited duty. That alone is enough to identify them. Then adding where they worked, what they filed for, if they had children, what unit they were or are in. You also didn't mention anyone of the opposite gender and went straight to slamming them attacking them for choosing to have a family outside of this place. Can you blame them when this is the sort of treatment you can expect working here? Getting slammed by your family in a public forum?

You don't have to use the individual's exact name to violate a "Terms of Service" for a site. You actually violated Florida State Statue posting what you did. You also committed an EEO violation by singling out the individuals instead of speaking about the light/limited duty position itself. It had nothing to do with the follow-up comments using that individual's name but that too could be considered a "TOS" violation and grounds for an EEO violation.

Now while I'm sure you're upset about those specific individuals being in that position, I'm again going to ask if you've ever taken the time out to step away from the rumors and go speak with them yourself? You seem to have already formed your opinion of them (which is your right of course) but I'll again suggest going to speak to them. I'm only saying that because I did. I was wondering why they were still there, what was going on. And I got answers from them, not rumors.

You can still choose to not like them if you want, your choice, but I think no one in their right mind would want to be stuck where they're at. We're supposed to be a family - brothers and sisters. You don't have to like everybody but kicking them when they're already down? I dunno, just not my style. Just my opinion though, do what you want.

There are plenty of threads that slammed easily identified people that weren't removed. But I guess you didn't mind those easily identified people being slammed.
    I don't like any post that slams easily identifiable people. If you see any or know of any, please report them by clicking on the "Report this Post" Button that is found on the bottom left corner of every post. That way the board moderator, Mod 493, and all Admin including myself will be notified of it.

Thanks,

Mod 1
    Mod 1

Terms Of Use

Unregistered
    There’s a post with someone's name as its title. Is this selective censorship?

There’s a post with someone's name as its title. Is this selective censorship?
    I don't know, I haven't read the thread. For the most part, I only read posts or threads that are brought to my attention.

The use of a name is NOT a violation of the Terms of Use in and of itself. It is the context in which it is used that makes it a violation or not If the thread with a name as the title is a slam, then it would be a violation.

If you think it is a violation or you are not sure, please feel free to report it by clicking on the "Report this Post" Button found on the bottom left corner of every post.

Mod 1
    Mod 1

Terms Of Use

Unregistered
    Every thread is a slam of somebody with their initials or their full name or their characteristic so if you're not going to tag all of it down then you're selectively enforcing your own policy. ........

Cool story bro