DISLOYALTY is loud and clear

Unregistered

DISLOYALTY is loud and clear

Recently, disloyalty was showed to all the tenured, seasoned, and loyal deputies in several ways. Let me give just two recent examples: Raises and Specialty Positions.

The most recent motor position was given to a deputy with only 2 years on.

The most recent K9 position was given to a deputy with only 2 years on.

The most recent pilot position was given to a deputy with only 2 years on — Oh wait, my bad. She only had 2 months on.

With these specialty positions, numerous seasoned deputies have worked their asses off, stayed out of trouble, and have made the office look good for far longer than 2 years. But, were denied the opportunity to work the specialty positions that they earned. “Earned” is a relative term, I know. But they’ve sure as hell earned it more than someone who’s only been here for 2 years, or 2 months. Those chosen don’t even have enough time on to apply for a lowly detective position.

Then, the raise given to tenured, seasoned, and loyal deputies turned out to be only 2%. This was after they were told it would be 5%. If the deputies with 11+ years on would have received the promised 5% raise, Master Deputies would make about $13,000 less than a Tampa Police Department Master Officer.

Making $13,000 less than a TPD MPO is such a slap in the face, and has DISLOYALTY written all over it.

Instead, Master Deputies will now make around $15,000 less than a TPD MPO. Some estimates have the difference at around $23,000. But for the sake of argument, we’ll say the difference is $15,000.

I could cite several more examples of disloyalty to the tenured, seasoned, and loyal deputies. I could go into the most recent promotions. You know, the minorities that were just promoted, and then 2 months later they were promoted again. But, I think the point of disloyalty has been proven, with out bringing up the racial component of these promotions.

So after the proven disloyalty, we are expected to be loyal in return. And, we are expected to vote for Chad.

Yes I know, Chad is going to win the election. That’s not the point. The point is he’ll have so many of his own employees who voted against him. Along with many of their friends and families. That’s got to be an odd feeling. Knowing that most of your employees voted against you.

After this disloyalty (and other examples not mentioned here) we are expected to continue to go above and beyond while at work. We are expected to treat the public better than we have been treated. We are expected to be loyal to the office after the office’s disloyalty to us.

Unregistered
    Very good post. Sums it up. Typical HCSO operation. At a bare minimum, if they are going to operate like this, at least, make patrol better for us non Masons, non plant city mafia, non bubbly blond females with only 2 years patrol experience, or non politically connected individuals. Make it where we can actually sustain a 30 year career here. Do something about these rank chasing micromanaging insane patrol supervisors (NOT ALL, but most). I really wish we would all assemble and demand a change, but most are too scared to speak up.

With regards to TPD. Their pay is always mentioned to be better, and it is, but how about the fact that they have way more officers? AKA support. That alone, even if we made the same pay, makes them better. These scum bags have allowed our staffing crisis to happen. Its going to take 10 years to fix this. Short handed while micromanaging us makes me hate this agency with a passion.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

The most recent K9 position was given to a deputy with only 2 years on.

Wait a minute. Last time a k9 position was open it was specifically stated that no one with less than 5 years in patrol with HCSO could apply.

Was that not part of the prerequisites this time? If not, then they took that out specifically so the person they wanted to give the position to, would all of a sudden qualify.

That's beyond dirty!

"Disloyalty" is an understatement.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wait a minute. Last time a k9 position was open it was specifically stated that no one with less than 5 years in patrol with HCSO could apply.

Was that not part of the prerequisites this time? If not, then they took that out specifically so the person they wanted to give the position to, would all of a sudden qualify.

That's beyond dirty!

"Disloyalty" is an understatement.
    Typical HCSO operation. All the rules and the hard hitting discipline are reserved for the regular unpopular ones. The Koolaid drinkers and connected get the VIP treatment.