Turn over rate is faster then ever - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered

Turnover Rate????

It doesn't exist, my ass is so sore; I wish they'd turn me over for a change!

Unregistered

Turnover

I started in 1993 and the starting salary was $21,000. When I quit in 1996 I was still making $21,000. It’s been 26 years and starting pay only went up $9,000. I need a few yrs to be vested in FRS and if I started in the prison with my degree and maxed out in salary incentive classes I would start at $35,000 , $5,000 more than P/P. And I stand a much better chance at getting promoted. Leave people while you’re young !!

Unregistered
    We have two long time officers retiring in the next couple of months and me and another officer are leaving before June. That's four experienced officers in my office with zero new officers in the academy or even hired. The Sr sup and the two sup 1's need to brush up on map quest so they can plan their future field visits and they can also plan on a 300 offenders reporting. The CA and DCA can handle IRS cases. LMAO!!!!!!!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I began my career in the CJS in 1993 with P&P and quit in 1996 to go to a local law enforcement agency. I retired recently at age 47 and my pension is $60,000 a year. I would of NEVER saw that at DC . You guys complain about the same things we did back then. DC is like a Mc Donald’s job it’s not meant to be a career. Get a few years experience and move on or you’ll be miserable. After reading some of these posts it doesn’t take too long to get that way at DC.
    I agree. I wish I would have joined a sheriff's office from day one. What a mistake joining FDC and working for bread crumbs.

Unregistered
    I started in 1993 and the starting salary was $21,000. When I quit in 1996 I was still making $21,000. It’s been 26 years and starting pay only went up $9,000. I need a few yrs to be vested in FRS and if I started in the prison with my degree and maxed out in salary incentive classes I would start at $35,000 , $5,000 more than P/P. And I stand a much better chance at getting promoted. Leave people while you’re young !!
    I left DOC after 3.5 years because it was plain to see that there was no future there and the pay was not competitive. Best move I ever made was to go to a county jail which offered a lot more money. Then on to patrol/court house and the raises kept coming. Thank God I took the chance to get out of miserable, low paying DOC. My pension also went up significantly so that I can have a decent retirement. I urge everyone who can to start dropping applications at county agencies and bail out of DOC as soon as they can. It's a dead end, low paying, pathetic workplace with no improvement in sight.

Unregistered

We have two long time officers retiring in the next couple of months and me and another officer are leaving before June. That's four experienced officers in my office with zero new officers in the academy or even hired. The Sr sup and the two sup 1's need to brush up on map quest so they can plan their future field visits and they can also plan on a 300 offenders reporting. The CA and DCA can handle IRS cases. LMAO!!!!!!!
    Can you say which area/office, I want to watch the madness unfold?!?!?

Unregistered
    I've seen this situation over and over again. Once these officers leave, the remaining officers will gain the cases. The sups in the office will then put pressure on the offices to violate who ever needs to be violated, transfer cases who dont belong in the office, and recommend cases for ET and IRS. But no over time or relaxing of standards that are important to meet within 40 hours.

Unregistered
    Can you say which area/office, I want to watch the madness unfold?!?!?
    I will in the very near future. Our outlook is extremely grim. Morale has never been worse.

Unregistered
    Circuit 6 is the biggest issue we keep having people either quit or transfer to other circuits just to get out of hell. We have had some retire but mostly they run out of this mess. If anyone is looking for a promotion come here . You get promoted to a senior officer as soon as your off probation status and lol maybe before.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;2974961]I will in the very near future. Our outlook is extremely grim. Morale has never been worse.[/QUOTE

What harm would it do if you’re leaving? Circuit 6 may not feel so alone anymore.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast