PBA’s latest sales pitch tactic - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What’s happens if it’s voted down is that it goes back to one more meeting with the County which will not change their stance. Then it goes to an arbitrator. If he/she sides with us, IT IS NONE BINDING. Meaning it cannot be enforced. It will then go to the BCC. There, they can decide to give us let’s say... 5% for 3 years. The Mayor, being a strong Mayor, will veto it thus we get nothing. This is exactly the same scenario that happens under John Rivera’s regime..

Plus don’t forget we are all voting to increase our homestead exemption which when approved will mean even less money coming to the county next fiscal year. That equals budget cuts. So if you don’t vote yes now we will get NOTHING.

Get educated before guessing and listening to rumors and false news.

Yes, YOU should get educated.

1) The BCC can override the veto (albeit with a super majority). So if there are police freindly commissioners as others have noted, then there exists the scenario to override the mayor’s alleged veto.
    2) Your homestead exemption increase argument is weak. There are new developments being built in cutler ridge and hammocks, “downtown Kendall” keeps building and Midwest has a whole lot of new warehouses out west. Basically it increases the property tax revenue regardless of any homestead exemption increase. As a matter of fact, the mayor’s own proposed budget (available for reading online by the way) notes a $117 million increase in property tax revenue and $391 million increase in revenues overall for the 2018-19 fiscal year.

This is all info the PBA is aware of ( I hope!). And at the end of the day, the PBA did a p!$$ poor job of getting us a contract. Realistically, I’m not expecting them to get us 20% a year for eternity, but I sure as heck expect them to get us more than this thing they’re given us.

We’re here because we’re sheepdogs, not sheep. We’re the ones who fight the good fight. We’re the ones who sacrifice. And WE ALL, not just some, deserve better.

Personally I’m still a NO vote and invite you to do the same.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What’s happens if it’s voted down is that it goes back to one more meeting with the County which will not change their stance. Then it goes to an arbitrator. If he/she sides with us, IT IS NONE BINDING. Meaning it cannot be enforced. It will then go to the BCC. There, they can decide to give us let’s say... 5% for 3 years. The Mayor, being a strong Mayor, will veto it thus we get nothing. This is exactly the same scenario that happens under John Rivera’s regime..

Plus don’t forget we are all voting to increase our homestead exemption which when approved will mean even less money coming to the county next fiscal year. That equals budget cuts. So if you don’t vote yes now we will get NOTHING.

Get educated before guessing and listening to rumors and false news.
    Very well said. Let's not screw ourselves.

Unregistered
    Not swayed by pu**ies at PBA.voting no.

Unregistered
    All the heads of the PBA are in hiding. You call the office and they are all out town. No one works there anymore?
    Wtf? How do I get a PBA job like that?

Unregistered
    How do put on a straight face and have the audacity to tell people this is a great contract ?

Unregistered
    Look Stahl has. I idea what he’s doing. And neither does the rest of them. They are excellent at reading a menu at shooneys. That’s it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123