A question that needs answering
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

A question that needs answering

Someone needs to answer this for me: how is it that during the height of fighting Alfa Hotel Mayor Gimenez we were able to get a 4% COLA, extra night differental, increased court time, plus all sorts of other supplements and perks, then why can’t we get more than 1% COLA with this contract at a time that the PBA leadership is clearly in bed with Gimenez?
    It makes no sense that we get more when fighting, and suing, the ******* (Gimenez) we get more for everyone than when we are kissing his butt.
    Something doesn’t did up.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Someone needs to answer this for me: how is it that during the height of fighting Alfa Hotel Mayor Gimenez we were able to get a 4% COLA, extra night differental, increased court time, plus all sorts of other supplements and perks, then why can’t we get more than 1% COLA with this contract at a time that the PBA leadership is clearly in bed with Gimenez?
    It makes no sense that we get more when fighting, and suing, the ******* (Gimenez) we get more for everyone than when we are kissing his butt.
    That question can be answered very easily. We have a command staff made up of miserable co”kroaches like Andy Glass and company. These are not men. They are opportunists and lap dogs waiting for scraps off the table. Their raises are based on unmerited promotions so they care very little about our contract. I much rather get 0 raise and spit on Gimenez’s face than say YES and get his 1%. Every man has a price. Some men have no value.

Unregistered
    That question can be answered very easily. We have a command staff made up of miserable co”kroaches like Andy Glass and company. These are not men. They are opportunists and lap dogs waiting for scraps off the table. Their raises are based on unmerited promotions so they care very little about our contract. I much rather get 0 raise and spit on Gimenez’s face than say YES and get his 1%. Every man has a price. Some men have no value.
    Absolutely! Well said. Just shameful that the people paid by us to represent us are t the forefront of shafting us

Unregistered
    Do you think saying NO is spitting in his face? On the contrary he would love for us to turn this down so he can brag how he controlled the PBA under his reign.

And everyone needs to be informed. It’s not 1%. It’s 7.5%. Everyone will get this.

Besides the initial 2.5 now People with 11 years forward will start getting the additional 2.5% half steps. But where Everyone will bank is in the accrued time. Everyone will be able to sell it back at their future ending rate for a great payout and a big bump up in pension.

Unregistered
    Do you think saying NO is spitting in his face? On the contrary he would love for us to turn this down so he can brag how he controlled the PBA under his reign.

And everyone needs to be informed. It’s not 1%. It’s 7.5%. Everyone will get this.

Besides the initial 2.5 now People with 11 years forward will start getting the additional 2.5% half steps. But where Everyone will bank is in the accrued time. Everyone will be able to sell it back at their future ending rate for a great payout and a big bump up in pension.
    I don’t see as the county giving me anything with that. It’s something I earn and probably will have a problem using as I need bc we are so short handed. The county ain’t giving me crap in that scenario.
    Thats not a wage increase. It’s a shell game

Unregistered

Well the simple fact Pba negocociates for us and other country entities

I had forgotten that fire recuse has a me too clause. So things had to be modified to avoid that problem. The simple fact is at least we getting something out of this and not loosing anything. I’m a nukle dragger in math is not my strong sute. There is always going to be back door deals. I highly suggest you go to the meetings at the pba so they can explain in plain English what all this contract means. I believe if you have the time you and you co workers should go. There have free donuts. Inform yourself as much as you can and don’t go by would of mouth. I’ve known Ismael for over twenty years and he’s definitely one that’s in our corner. Read and educate yourself with as much as you can. You new guys need to learn how to make the system work for you and get as much as you can from it. Don’t get pissed get smart. An added bounces I understand is 11 mothns before you retire you can cash out all your time. I can’t say much but call them or pass bay. You’ll see how that one person cola works out. Its a little more than u think. Initially I thought it was bullshit to. But if you inquire you might find out something you don’t know and not some company man selling this. I’m just saying get information from the horses mouth.

Unregistered

Retard it's only if you reached longevity in your rank. It's not based on time in department.

Unregistered
    It’s a horrible scam. I’m voting no and getting my squad to vote no

Unregistered
    Everyone is voting no and we should have a vote
    Of no confidence for stahl there too

Unregistered
    The reason you got 4% “raise” (I’ll explain the quotations) and increased court time, is simply because those are the things that were ripped from us during the County’s slashing and burning of our contract in 2012. Those were give backs. Those were our originally agreed-upon contractual terms. So we really didn’t get anything. We got back what was rightfully ours to begin with. That 4%? That wasn’t a raise, that was a return to normal that the county basically STOLE from its officers during hard times.
    That was in addition to the 5% they stole. So we were short 9% after taxes for “Health Care Costs”. Has anyone ever asked or investigated where that money went? You’ll have an easier time finding Hoffa.
    All this in a manipulative ploy where he threatened to lay off hundreds of officers. That’s right, officers got actual pink slips. So vote No if you choose, but get your facts straight first.
    That’s wasn’t a damn raise. That was us getting back what was already ours to begin with.
    I’m voting YES, and if you’re smart you will too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast