Chad Lied About Raises
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Chad Lied About Raises

So our Sheriff comes in roll call and states all personnel will get a 5 percent across the board raise. So Chad how hell did we end up with a .75 increase and not 5 percent. Ex chief was right your not ready to be Sheriff pulling this kinda crap. Another reason to vote for Pruitt.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So our Sheriff comes in roll call and states all personnel will get a 5 percent across the board raise. So Chad how hell did we end up with a .75 increase and not 5 percent. Ex chief was right your not ready to be Sheriff pulling this kinda crap. Another reason to vote for Pruitt.
    2%, $0.74/hour for 11+ year Deputy. Not even cost of living increase. Civilians are getting 4%. Competitive with other local agencies? $23,000 approximately lower than TPD. For a job well done.

Unregistered
    Just another politician who says one thing and does another. Hope the guy loses the election. We need a union to bargain for us. Donna memo says future raises will be minimum. Oh great.

Unregistered

The Change of Heart

I too have been concerned about problems with the agency and planned to vote for Mr. Pruitt. But after another sleepless night, I’ve come to realize that I can’t be disloyal to my Sheriif. It’s time for everyone to join hands as one and support Sheriff Chronister. Tell your family and friends to vote to keep a good man in office. The future with Sheriif Chronister is bright so let’s not let a dark cloud ruin it all. Thank you.

Unregistered
    2%, $0.74/hour for 11+ year Deputy. Not even cost of living increase. Civilians are getting 4%. Competitive with other local agencies? $23,000 approximately lower than TPD. For a job well done.

All the deputies should show the office that it gets what it pays for. We will be making so much less than TPD.

Unregistered
    It was implied that each step would increase 5% across the board. Now, it seems what was really meant is that moving from the current step to the next step, plus the increase to steps themselves, tallied up to 5% for some of them. For those people at the maximum step for their current rank, we get shafted again. Didn't even get the so sorry, here's a $500 stipend. I don't have any reference to TPD MPOs making 100k, but according to the City of Tampa HR website, the maximum pay for a TPD officer is $43.05/hr or $89,544/yr. Again, I'm not overly familiar with TPD, but if their MPOs get a stipend or a special pay band similar to our master deputies, perhaps it is higher. Both of us get overtime and CJSTC money and other things that are standard at every agency. But TPD is definitely coming out ahead. I don't want to hear about the pension contribution either. It's more or less a wash at the end of our careers. Some years they pay higher, some they pay lower, we pay 3%, we pay social security, they don't, they're 20 and out, we're 30 and out (or 25 for those of us who were in before the change).

New uniforms and Microsoft Office and new equipment and all that stuff is nice, but not at the expense of payroll. I've made due with Open Office for my entire career, I often buy a lot of my own uniform stuff because I feel it is important to look sharp and professional while remaining comfortable, and as long as the Sheriff is paying for it, I'd drive a moped because it's not like we have high speed chases or make all that many arrests. If we are truly, honestly, going to hire 300 odd deputies in the next few years, fine, I can understand not getting generous raises. But we should at least be near parity with TPD and we should get a COLA every year. Daily stuff has gotten a lot more expensive in the past several years.

Maybe I'm just tired, but I can't tell if the previous post is sarcasm or not.

Unregistered
    I’ll take 82k with a company car and all other perks we get. If you found a better deal, go get it. Everyone cuts their down deal.

Unregistered
    The kool aid drinkers have arrived. Since Iam sure your one of Chad ‘s buddies why not ask him why he would come into roll call and mislead us about what we are really getting. Seems slimey doesnt it or have you lost all prospective witth your hunger for power. And as you stated yes there are young deputies that are going to look into other agencies. None my business but probably a smart move way this whole thing went down. Lost the trust of a lot of deputies today. Wait let me guess just quit. Right on kool aid drinkers .

Unregistered
    The kool aid drinkers have arrived. Since Iam sure your one of Chad ‘s buddies why not ask him why he would come into roll call and mislead us about what we are really getting. Seems slimey doesnt it or have you lost all prospective witth your hunger for power. And as you stated yes there are young deputies that are going to look into other agencies. None my business but probably a smart move way this whole thing went down. Lost the trust of a lot of deputies today. Wait let me guess just quit. Right on kool aid drinkers .
    Yes! There are literally 100s of agencies on this site to chose from where there aren’t people *****ing and moaning and the LEOs make 100k per year. Oh lord, how will we survive the mass exodus?

Unregistered
    All I want are more freaking zone partners!!!!! Ill take a paycut

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast