Jason Stickels
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Stickels

Unregistered

Jason Stickels

Just finished reading the IA on Jason Stickels. All I can say is "wow." He must have some photographs of Chitwood or something. He is lucky to still have a job. This was the third major issue with "stick." First you had the alligator thing where he left his zone because he was "curious." Then you had the issue with the phone where the USPS guy (that cost the county over 40k). Now the pursuit.

Stick...everybody knows what happened. You are lucky to still have a job. Keep those photographs.

http://volusiaexposed.com/investigat...05Stickels.pdf

Unregistered
    haha...Stick got caught. The stick is broken.

Unregistered
    I just read the other IA on Volusia Exposed (on Armstrong). Looks like Chitwood is finally learning a lesson about punishment. The lesson is progressive discipline. No need to hammer deputies like he has been doing in the past. About time Chitty.

Unregistered
    During the IA Stickels is caught lying. He stated he never got out of the vehicle. But Goggin's BWC shows him getting out of the vehicle. Lying pays...doesn't it Stickels. You keep your stripes...you keep your job.

Unregistered
    Jason...I don't care what the BWC shows or what is heard on the radio traffic. These desk jockeys that investigated you do not know what it is like to be a road deputy. The brass that called off the pursuit do not know what it is like to be caught up in the moment. Stick to your story.....

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    During the IA Stickels is caught lying. He stated he never got out of the vehicle. But Goggin's BWC shows him getting out of the vehicle. Lying pays...doesn't it Stickels. You keep your stripes...you keep your job.
    He wasn't lying, he was playing the Sheriff, embellishing like a champ!

Unregistered
    He wasn't lying, he was playing the Sheriff, embellishing like a champ!
    Even though the BWC and radio showed stickels is lying...a little hyperbole never hurt anyone. I just hope Stickels does not have any court dates (depositions, trials, etc)….an attorney will absolutely destroy him.

If the nose of stickels grows to that of Chitwoods maybe they can get a two for one rhinoplasty job done.

Unregistered
    Even though the BWC and radio showed stickels is lying...a little hyperbole never hurt anyone. I just hope Stickels does not have any court dates (depositions, trials, etc)….an attorney will absolutely destroy him.

If the nose of stickels grows to that of Chitwoods maybe they can get a two for one rhinoplasty job done.
    I see it like this, I read the IA and see it as Stickels does. Call me an idiot, call me whatever... Back off is not discontinue pursuit. And would his ass be in a sling if he did back off and the suspect got away, or hurt someone? Double edged sword there. Sure brings more questions than answers. I guess Deputy Stickels may have had an adrenaline rush, and a possible head strike (the impact hurt) that added to his forgetting about exiting his unit to inspect. Works well if you ask me, and adds a little flavor. Just glad no one was hurt. Volusia County deputies are in a league of their own. Very professional and also proactive. Jason had better watch out... Being proactive didnt help the last 2 notches on Chitwoods headboard, did it?

Unregistered
    I see it like this, I read the IA and see it as Stickels does. Call me an idiot, call me whatever... Back off is not discontinue pursuit. And would his ass be in a sling if he did back off and the suspect got away, or hurt someone? Double edged sword there. Sure brings more questions than answers. I guess Deputy Stickels may have had an adrenaline rush, and a possible head strike (the impact hurt) that added to his forgetting about exiting his unit to inspect. Works well if you ask me, and adds a little flavor. Just glad no one was hurt. Volusia County deputies are in a league of their own. Very professional and also proactive. Jason had better watch out... Being proactive didnt help the last 2 notches on Chitwoods headboard, did it?
    Since day one, Chitwood has cracked down on proactive deputies. At worst, Stickles was guilty of being a little over zealous. Then you have a guy who hasn’t done a proactive thing in years, he literally ****ing steals from TSA and gets a letter of reprimand. The message is clear to me, next time you see that s10, look the other way.

Unregistered
    Coming on the heels of the phone fiasco I think it shows tunnel vision (and a lack of honesty). The IA came a long time after the pursuit. He would have been able to review the BWC footage. And the best thing would be to simply state "I cannot recall" when asked about exiting the vehicle. And to have practically every chief (and peer) tell him to back off and to refuse.

But I agree...Chitwood does not like proactivity. Imagine if Stickels had been chasing somebody in northwest Volusia...he would be fired.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast