Any Advice?

Thread: Any Advice?

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

Any Advice?

Hey everyone, I am about to interview with the agency for an agent position. What kind of equipment do they issue (i.e. weapons, vehicle, gear)? I have been told by some in the agency of the daily duties but what does an agent spend most of their day doing? Work hours? Any real advice would be appreciated.

Unregistered
    This is the best job in the state so long as you understand what it is. This is not your traditional police job or even investigative job. The focus is very narrow and involves a fair amount of administrative work. You mentioned talking to people in the agency. I would suggest you continue that so you can get face to face feedback...

We issue Glock 22, 23 or 27. You pick. Cars vary from office to office and year to year. Our parking lots look like a used car lot, so there is no way to know what you will be driving and the truth is it doesn't matter.

Everything you need will be provided, but some chose to upgrade their equipment with personal purchases.

Before you go to the interview, take a moment to view agency websites and take a look at Beverage Law, Chapters 561-569.

Good luck

I appreciate the advice. I've heard that there is a lot of administraitve work with licensees, etc. Is that pretty accurate? My experience with the agents has always been great. It seems like the offices are small enough that everyone knows each other well. How many agents are in an office usually? Is it standard business attire except when in the field? At least they allow you to choose the weapon. Do they issue just the Glock or a shotgun as well?

Thanks

Unregistered
    Clothing depends on the office. Some offices are T-shirt’s and jeans except for court or when the bosses visit. Some offices are business casual everyday. Some offices shorts are the normal. Just depends on the office and the captain.

Offices vary by size. Smallest is 3 agents, largest is 12.

We operate by the kingdom method so what happens in one office may be totally different from another.

Our equipment is good. We generally get a different make and model of car every 2 years so the fleet is very mixed you may have a 4 door sedan, pickup or SUV. This year our cars were probably the best we ever got.

We do some crazy stuff. The. Swear directive says we have to take a 30 minute documented break but in due time that will fizzle out and we’ll be on to something else.

Good luck

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by gator85 View Post
    I appreciate the advice. I've heard that there is a lot of administraitve work with licensees, etc. Is that pretty accurate? My experience with the agents has always been great. It seems like the offices are small enough that everyone knows each other well. How many agents are in an office usually? Is it standard business attire except when in the field? At least they allow you to choose the weapon. Do they issue just the Glock or a shotgun as well?

Thanks
    If you want an 870, you can have one. They will install an electric rack for it. In my office we wear whatever we need to get the job done. My LT encourages us to stay out of the office. I go there maybe once a week and that is usually at night. There are many supervisors that want to see you every day. You will become an expert in administrative matters. Doesn't matter since it is all high hazard retirement!

Unregistered
    I just hope your interviewing for the north. Here in the south we don’t know what we’re doing so our boss dictates our lunch breaks and work hours

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I just hope your interviewing for the north. Here in the south we don’t know what we’re doing so our boss dictates our lunch breaks and work hours
    Thanks for the advice. Would it be possible to get some information about the typical everyday duties of the job? It seems like every office is run differently. Just curious how the south is typically governed. drewkennedy471@gmail.com

I appreciate the advice. It seems like every office has different daily functions. Would it be possible to email you some questions about the daily duties in the south as that's where I'm applying? drewkennedy471@gmail.com

Unregistered

nice try but we do much more work and much bigger cases in south

north has all the drama and back stabbers come to south and be real agent or go up north and be inspector with gun

Unregistered
    nice try but we do much more work and much bigger cases in south

north has all the drama and back stabbers come to south and be real agent or go up north and be inspector with gun
    Yeah, ... that's why there is such a high turnover down south. Go back to Cuba jack-ass.