Retirement is GREAT !!!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Retirement is GREAT !!!

For those of you who are close to retirement or are thinking about it, let me tell you, retirement is great! After a long career with this agency I decided I have had enough and retired. Vacations, family, hobbies, friends and other retirees have been on the agenda. BTW, all the retirees I have spoken to love retirement. Their only regret is that they did not retire sooner.

Now there are some people who want to get the last dollar by working as long as they can and my advice to you is: "Don't do it!". There is no glory or fame in being the rich guy in the cemetery. Everyone is equal there. Things happen in life, unexpected things, and you are better off enjoying every day, day by day. Because none of us really know how long we will live and in what physical and mental condition we will be in when we get old. Your health is the main thing that really matters in retirement. Money is secondary and adjustments can always be made to compensate for more or less money. If you do not go crazy with spending money will be your least concern.

So in conclusion I just want to urge you to leave the daily rat race, don't be greedy, money is not everything, and retire to enjoy your life and your loved ones and friends. That's what really counts.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    For those of you who are close to retirement or are thinking about it, let me tell you, retirement is great! After a long career with this agency I decided I have had enough and retired. Vacations, family, hobbies, friends and other retirees have been on the agenda. BTW, all the retirees I have spoken to love retirement. Their only regret is that they did not retire sooner.

Now there are some people who want to get the last dollar by working as long as they can and my advice to you is: "Don't do it!". There is no glory or fame in being the rich guy in the cemetery. Everyone is equal there. Things happen in life, unexpected things, and you are better off enjoying every day, day by day. Because none of us really know how long we will live and in what physical and mental condition we will be in when we get old. Your health is the main thing that really matters in retirement. Money is secondary and adjustments can always be made to compensate for more or less money. If you do not go crazy with spending money will be your least concern.

So in conclusion I just want to urge you to leave the daily rat race, don't be greedy, money is not everything, and retire to enjoy your life and your loved ones and friends. That's what really counts.
    Too bad u can’t tell that to these losers who came back to work within a year of retiring.

Unregistered
    Too bad u can’t tell that to these losers who came back to work within a year of retiring.
    Time can buy money but money can't buy time.

Unregistered
    Thanks Major Mustache for update on your 2 weeks of retirement. You will be back to double dip to. Mustache 1 will be the new call sign.

Unregistered
    Ah haa someone beat me to it. Major Failure still trying to be relevant. That golden boy with no talent and BS won’t be missed by more than five people. Those are the same five that went to his retirement party.

Unregistered
    Suck a D, James.

Unregistered
    The only ones who are trying to stay relevant are those who returned to double-dip. I bet if there was an amendment on the ballot the public would vote against the double-dip. They are greedy dinosaurs close to Social Security age. Pension is locked in, DROP and Deferred Comp. Why bother going back to the rat race? Mansions which are too big with big mortgages, big boats, other toys, and summer villas up North. It's their life if they chose to waste it with this agency working in the shadow of Sheriff Bob. They do look stupid though.

Unregistered
    The ole drinking crew is so sad there Saviour bailed on them. No more buddy transfers for their lazy butts

Unregistered

Thank you for the advice and wise words. I have never heard one retiree who said they wished they stayed longer. It's too bad we have to listen to the nonsense on here with folks accusing you of being Nalven or James. Thank you for your service and as a near retiree I wish you the very best.

Unregistered
    If it was nalven he would have told a war story of how cool he was as a traffic cop

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast