Take home cars - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Take home cars

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Don't care about her "special needs", this agency bends over backwards for females..total bullshit
    **** this place
    The dentist appt arrival was NOT at any time around shift change, and the office is off the beaten path in Springs. Also, there were no obvious signs of medical urgency; but there was a verbal exchange that indicated an expectation of priority treatment. The issues that have been raised about whether there is enough time for parents to get this stuff done are relevant and warrant discussion and consideration. It's not a judgement at all. Maybe there isn't enough flexibility for families? IS the only way to get things done to cut corners? Not everything is an attack or accusation. There are a lot of complaints about admin making decisions about things that have no understanding of. Instead of pointing the "rat" finger, how about contributing your thoughts about the topic?

Unregistered
    4. When they took out the gas fee for outside the county, they ALSO took out take home cars without mentioning that part. It was quietly done, IUPA missed it and IUPA IS addressing.
    Not true. This trade-off was openly proposed at the table, openly discussed, and IUPA/Bell agreed to it. Bell was just interested in dumping the gas fee cuz he lives in PB County. It's always about Bell looking out just for Bell.

Unregistered
    Not true. This trade-off was openly proposed at the table, openly discussed, and IUPA/Bell agreed to it. Bell was just interested in dumping the gas fee cuz he lives in PB County. It's always about Bell looking out just for Bell.
    Yep, Same crap! He has turned into an embarrassment.

Unregistered
    It was about representing the employees who were working here vs people who weren't even hired yet.

Employees who took the job because of certain benefits including free take home cars for tri-county.

Then Lamberti charged a fee and the PBA laid down and took it. Or did we forget that?

Bell and IUPA fought that and got that promised benefit back.

As far as new hires who can't bring their car out of county, well you knew the new rule and still accepted the job with those conditions so don't cry now.

But if you want the benefit added I suggest you put that as priority number one when IUPA sends out the list of things to fight for in the next contract. Negotiations will begin soon.

Unregistered
    The dentist appt arrival was NOT at any time around shift change, and the office is off the beaten path in Springs. Also, there were no obvious signs of medical urgency; but there was a verbal exchange that indicated an expectation of priority treatment. The issues that have been raised about whether there is enough time for parents to get this stuff done are relevant and warrant discussion and consideration. It's not a judgement at all. Maybe there isn't enough flexibility for families? IS the only way to get things done to cut corners? Not everything is an attack or accusation. There are a lot of complaints about admin making decisions about things that have no understanding of. Instead of pointing the "rat" finger, how about contributing your thoughts about the topic?
    That’s why you have 4 days off one week and 3 days off on the other. Plenty of time to get your family stuff done!

Unregistered
    So question is there a deputy who lives in palm beach that just got hired and works in parkland so I can ask him how he did this. I would like to take my car home also like him. I am happy for him that he gets to do this I just want to be able to do the same.

Unregistered
    Well then something different is being told. I’m sure I only got one side.

Unregistered
    How does this brand new guy in parkland get a take home living in west palm. How is this even right when the rest of us don’t get a takehome. I am sure the response will be because he was certified from Hollywood. The boys club still continues.

Unregistered
    They cut the take home program so they had more money to pay for all the useless brass running around the place. It’s a joke.

But what they didn’t do was think about the consequences of this decision and the no pay raise decision. The pay is about 30k behind the other leading local agencies. This place has become uncompetitive all the way around.

From the dilapidated training, to the comparative low pay, to the no take home, BSO under this leadership, is falling behind in almost every major category.

It’s to the point now where we are getting recruits who can barely write a report or produce an intelligent thought. That kind of incompetence starts to become expensive in its own way.

Unregistered
    And don’t get me wrong, Lamberti was a scumbag for imposing the gas fee in he first place. And PBA we’re a bunch of scumbags for letting him do it. So I don’t blame IUPA for any of this mess.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast