Chief Bernadette DiPino cleaned-up SPD - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie

Depino leaving

I have heard from what I believe is a very good source, that Depnio is soon to be OUT. and its not on her own terms. The city manager is her boss and is the only one that can fire her...Is she on the outs with him? Anyone hear this? I can only hope that its true.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by COPONE View Post
    I have heard from what I believe is a very good source, that Depnio is soon to be OUT. and its not on her own terms. The city manager is her boss and is the only one that can fire her...Is she on the outs with him? Anyone hear this? I can only hope that its true.
    Sounds like a troll in hopes that someone will talk. Of course her departure from SPD would follow Tom Barwin's eventual resignation, but it wont be the the other way around.

Unregistered
    If the Chief is doing a wonderful why are they loosing so many officers? Drugs are a major problem why is there two bomb dogs and no drug dogs. I see she report that crime in the City is down and this includes the north end. Another 17 year old was shot in the middle of the street. The just found the other child that went missing. I don't read where this is happening in any other part of the city.

Unregistered

Crime is down, but bad actors are still... bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I see the Chief reported that crime in the City is down.
    Crime is down throughout the United States.

Another 17 year old was shot in the middle of the street.
    Studies show that when the media systematically shows horrific crimes to the public, then citizens incorrectly assume that crime is rising, even if it is statistically falling. Similarly, when officers face tragedy every day, then they can develop a warped perception that all people are bad when, in fact, not all people are bad. Life is hard.

Unregistered
    Dipino leaving has been a dream of 90% of the agency since she got here. Won’t happen until she finds a better paying job. But seeing as she makes north of $170k, good luck there.

Unregistered

Thumbs up Who are the 2.5 percenters?

If you don't love it here, then get off the ship. Leave. Exit. If you're so right and if you have so many "constructive answers," then go apply elsewhere and take your anger with you -- because you're not making SPD better. If you're not a part of the solution, then you're a part of the problem. In fact, tou are the problem.

You've probably been in patrol too long. When you see crime and suspects and victims all day long... day after day... year after year... then it can warp your view... but you must remember that YOUR worldview is tiny. Look at the bigger picture and you'll see that there is much more to the real world than your tiny view. The world is bigger than you.

Leave now, while you still have some rage left.
    Chief Dipino coming here has been a boon for the City of Sarasota. Over 98% of the officers love her and love SPD, except for the 2.5 percenters who constantly and brazenly violate agency policies.

Unregistered
    It looks like there is a general attitude problem at SPD. Every single time I went to advanced training and more than 1 SPD Officers were present, everybody in the class had to hear ow superior SPD is to any other agency in the area. Some of you give stupid nicknames to Officers and Deputies from other agencies who x15 people for certain misdemeanors. As if SPD only x15 narcos busted with pounds of dope. Part of this shitt* attitude might come from frustration with your superiors and the chief? I know Deputies in North County who have been on multiple calls with SPD Officers...including the felony traffic stop on Washington blvd, where an SPD officer had a negligent discharge and almost shot himself or herself on the leg. You have good specialized units and I am sure plenty of outstanding guys and gals in patrol; however, don’t forget you also have your share of questionable people before you trash other agencies for a whole freaking week of advanced training, with the instructor finding it funny at first, then getting tired of it and looking at SPD Officers like they are a bunch of clowns who don’t care about anything.

Unregistered

Familiarity breeds contempt

It looks like there is a general attitude problem at SPD. Every single time I went to advanced training and more than 1 SPD Officers were present, everybody in the class had to hear ow superior SPD is to any other agency in the area. Some of you give stupid nicknames to Officers and Deputies from other agencies who x15 people for certain misdemeanors. As if SPD only x15 narcos busted with pounds of dope. Part of this shitt* attitude might come from frustration with your superiors and the chief? I know Deputies in North County who have been on multiple calls with SPD Officers...including the felony traffic stop on Washington blvd, where an SPD officer had a negligent discharge and almost shot himself or herself on the leg. You have good specialized units and I am sure plenty of outstanding guys and gals in patrol; however, don’t forget you also have your share of questionable people before you trash other agencies for a whole freaking week of advanced training, with the instructor finding it funny at first, then getting tired of it and looking at SPD Officers like they are a bunch of clowns who don’t care about anything.
    In one class, a senior instructor repeatedly said, "Familiarity breeds contempt" i.e. the more people (citizens) get to know you (officers), the more they will have contempt for you, after they peek behind the curtain -- therefore, maintain a thin blue line of secrecy (a veil of secrecy). However, with the advent of the internet, in conjunction with Florida's open records laws, there is no longer a veil of secrecy because all dirty laundry is posted for everyone to see. There are fewer secrets than ever.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345