Chief Bernadette DiPino cleaned-up SPD
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Chief Bernadette DiPino cleaned-up SPD

The Sarasota Police Department has been cleaned-up from the inside out since Chief Bernadette DiPino has taken command of the agency. There are fewer complaints from people of color, as well as fewer complaints for use-of-force. SPD no longer brings in bloodied-up arrestees into the jail and lawsuits against officers have decreased under her tenure.

Kudos to Chief DiPino. Thank you for serving.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernadette_DiPino

Unregistered
    Sorry, you cant cover up the truth with a phony Wiki page. You have not reduced crime. You have systematically shut every police officer down by punishing every officer any time some dirtbag makes a false complaint against them. When officers stop looking for criminals, less criminals get arrested. Crime is out of control, there is just no fear of going to jail now. You have destroyed a city and a once great agency with your bs. Thanks Chief. Why don't we have body cams? Every other town in America has figured it out? I believe it is because you will no longer be able to punish officers when they do no wrong. Which will lead to officers no longer being in fear to be cops. Which will lead to cops being cops, and then your phony crime stats will rise again.

Unregistered
    Whoever wrote this is completely wrong from every angle. The chief has done NOTHING but alienate an entire agency. She is loathed from top to bottom. She has shown from day one that it is all about her. Not the agency not the officers, her. She promotes command staff based on how she feels they can make her look not ability or character. She does not lead by example and seems in fact to do the exact opposite not giving a crap of how it looks to the officers.

She fosters every complaint no matter how frivolous and has systematically shut down the entire patrol division for fear of being written up. Her command staff is horrible. The dc is a walking zombie, Rieser is an empty shell there in body only, Jaress is nice but clueless and has no concept of leadership, Todd is too new and doesn’t know his ass from a hole in the ground. He has already caused problems with his lack of skill in dealing with personnel. I don’t know how the chief passed m4th over for him. Very sad.

So take your stupid article and platitudes and learn the real facts. SPD has been dying a little each year we have had dipino at the helm. We are a sunk ship. Miserable and beaten down.

Unregistered

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So take your stupid article and platitudes and learn the real facts. We are a sunk ship.
    Then get off the ship. Exit. If you're so right and if you have so many answers, then go apply elsewhere and take your knowledge and make a different place "a great place to be" -- because you're certainly not making SPD better. In fact, you are a part of the problem. If you're not a part of the solution, then you're a part of the problem.

You've probably been in patrol too long. When you see crime and suspects and victims all day long... day after day... year after year... then it can warp your view... but you must remember that YOUR worldview is a small view. Take a look at the bigger picture and you'll see that there is much more to the world than the little scope-view that you see all year long. The world is a much bigger place than what your telescope is shutting out.

Leave now while you still have some rage left.

Unregistered
    People are leaving at a rate NEVER seen before at SPD. Why do you think That is? You are a complete fool if you think it’s anything other than dipino. She has created a completely toxic environment.

Unregistered
    People are leaving at a rate NEVER seen before at SPD.
    Who cares? Honestly! Just shut up and do your job and get your retirement and then go. Next up.

Unregistered
    Who cares? Honestly! Just shut up and do your job and get your retirement and then go. Next up.
    I read most of the complaints about the SPD chief in the other thread, and most of them are asinine i.e. she's fat or she looked at me mean or so-and-so didn't get promoted but so-and-so did, et al. SPD has the potential to be an even better outstanding municipal agency. Hold your head high and be thankful for what you have. Godspeed.

Unregistered
    IMG_14631.jpg

Unregistered
    I read most of the complaints about the SPD chief in the other thread, and most of them are asinine i.e. she's fat or she looked at me mean or so-and-so didn't get promoted but so-and-so did, et al. SPD has the potential to be an even better outstanding municipal agency. Hold your head high and be thankful for what you have. Godspeed.
    "SPD has the potential to be an even better outstanding municipal agency.", are you a snowbird from Ocean City? That would explain...The "even better" alone in your post shows you are clueless about the agency and the city.

Unregistered
    "SPD has the potential to be an even better outstanding municipal agency.", are you a snowbird from Ocean City? That would explain...The "even better" alone in your post shows you are clueless about the agency and the city.
    Been here for many years. Used to see the old timer SPD officers bring in "bloodied up" arrestees into the jail, BUT that no longer happens under Chief DiPino. In the old days, if you ran from SPD nightshift, then it was justification for an ass whooping. However, SPD's "culture of violence" has been completely stopped. Period. The change is amazing.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast