Exit Interviews? What does FDLE do?

Unregistered

Exit Interviews? What does FDLE do?

Just curious, is there a policy on whether FDLE does an exit interview on an employee or not? Do they really care about what the employees that are leaving think or no?

And is this a regional thing, agency-wide thing, or ?

I can't help but think that this agency has given up on giving any care to it's long-term employees and that the administration thinks they are the elite ones that matter.

Convince me I'm wrong.

Unregistered
    It’s a 2 page questionnaire sent directly to Chief of HR. There’s no actual conversation.

Unregistered
    I've talked to many ex-employees that were long term FDLE, committed to the Agency types, and ZERO of them were given an exit interview. These were all since SWEARINGEN was appointed. All of them felt that FDLE (Swearingen) didn't care that they were leaving and in some cases, they didn't even reach out to say thank you for your service.

Pretty pathetic if you ask me. FDLE has always been a close organization, I would have called it Family-like, something that stood above all other LE Agencies I saw. Now FDLE is just a place for Ego types that have no consideration for anyone else that's not in "the click".

Action speaks louder than words here also. As far as things like this go, it starts at the top and rolls downhill. RS has been in over his head from the start, so caring about those that have dedicated their life to the service of the state has been a low priority. The message I get from this is- It's too bad you didn't get lucky enough to get a supervisor of the protection detail job with the Governor so you could get promoted and get a golden parachute. The days of being respectful to FDLE employees ended when RS took the helm from looking at how things are handled now.

So yeah, you can do 30 years and no one will even send you a letter of thanks at FDLE.

Unregistered
    Swearingen cares about the high profile people, not the "in the trench" type.... So, a person's exit experience is different based on status. Swearingen displays discriminatory practices based on popularity/status.

He will get his big send off because he believes he deserves it, while peasants below him get what they deserve.

Unregistered
    They don't do exit interviews of those leaving because they know they are smarter and better off than them for getting out of there!

And for 1/2 of those, you know, the ones that didn't get parties, they ran them out so you can bet they don't want to document what that employee has to say when they don't have anything to lose!!

Unregistered

Thumbs up Exit Interview

Based on the five questions I saw on a single sheet of paper, they're not really interested in learning much. It's more of a check the box formality than a true exercise in trying to make the Agency better. Kind of a shame really, but then again typical FDLE...smoke and mirrors.