Hurricane releaf - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Was there any females on the team? No? You know half went for the OT and half went for the publicity. Meanwhile back at camp there were even more promotions than before. Too funny
    I went as a team member and I didn't have a selection of who was chosen to go or not go. The number of x's vs o's actually has nothing to do with the task that was given to us and the goal we achieved. If anyone has been here for the previous disasters, the overtime paid by FEMA could take up to 6 months, maybe even longer so all of us then that going in. Publicity huh? What ever dog and pony show people try and do to showcase our assets, personnel and the task given to us, again I don't have any control over. There wasn't anything glamerous being there. It was hot, we were in an asphalt parking lot, yellow jackets were an issue as a few guys were stung. We didn't go there for the glamor, attention or overtime, we went to give back a favor that many came and helped us out when we were a victim to hurricanes.

One day we will need assistance again from outside agencies. Be thankful after working for 18 hours straight, a Deputy Sheriff or Police Officer releives you so you can get home and check on your family. The world isn't full of piss and vinegar kid.

Unregistered
    I thought we were all equal. Why does it matter if a female went or a male? DEPUTIES went. Deputies who volunteered and we're able to go went. One deputy is the same as another, right? Many of our younger female deputies who would have volunteered to go couldn't because they are single mothers with childcare issues. Are you saying they should have been made to go and forced to make a decision between their job and their child?

There are really some disgruntled people posting on here who don't think before they type.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I went as a team member and I didn't have a selection of who was chosen to go or not go. The number of x's vs o's actually has nothing to do with the task that was given to us and the goal we achieved. If anyone has been here for the previous disasters, the overtime paid by FEMA could take up to 6 months, maybe even longer so all of us then that going in. Publicity huh? What ever dog and pony show people try and do to showcase our assets, personnel and the task given to us, again I don't have any control over. There wasn't anything glamerous being there. It was hot, we were in an asphalt parking lot, yellow jackets were an issue as a few guys were stung. We didn't go there for the glamor, attention or overtime, we went to give back a favor that many came and helped us out when we were a victim to hurricanes.

One day we will need assistance again from outside agencies. Be thankful after working for 18 hours straight, a Deputy Sheriff or Police Officer releives you so you can get home and check on your family. The world isn't full of piss and vinegar kid.
    Your a man I don't think you can have opinion here since you went. It's about being equal and we all know there is a lot of inequalities. There is a lawsuit going to court soon. Will be interesting what comes out of that and if they settle first to keep their secrets secret.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12