Hurricane releaf
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Hurricane releaf

Thanks to those who are helping over there.

Unregistered
    How did they pick who gets to go? I heard a lot of guys with more experience volunteered but wasn't picked

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    How did they pick who gets to go? I heard a lot of guys with more experience volunteered but wasn't picked
    Well that part is true and most likely it's above your pay grade but it looks like a swat and hip assignment.

Unregistered
    Maybe they needed more experienced deputies to stay and work the road.

Maybe they needed deputies who were easily "lost" to their shifts.

Maybe they needed deputies who "was" able to represent the agency well.

Unregistered
    At any rate, thanks to those who are there representing

Unregistered
    Now their pulling them out and we aren't helping. Stupidest thing we ever heard after they talk about how they need so much. So now some groups are going to go volunteer because they care more about helping then the money or the publicity. Those are the real heroes and better representation anyways.

Unregistered
    Now their pulling them out and we aren't helping. Stupidest thing we ever heard after they talk about how they need so much. So now some groups are going to go volunteer because they care more about helping then the money or the publicity. Those are the real heroes and better representation anyways.
    We did help and we gave them 100% of our resources while there. There are so many agencies from all over the United States, not just the feds there to help. Our agency responded and gave their guys an opportunity the reflect towards their homes and personal lives until all of the outside resources could be set into place. No one there was looking for the publicity of it and I assure you, it wasn't an easy gig. I can share that of the 20 ECSO employees that participated, it was truely an amazing group. The additional 20-30 people in the background that helped this become success deserves a thank you and you cannot sit from the comfort of your home here and say we didn't make a difference because we actually did.

The recovery time there is going to take longer than 6 months. The needs of what they require will be beyond the scope of a Disaster Response Unit. As a citizen and law enforcement officer, we should never stop trying to help, either with donations of debris removal on our own time but this is more than an outside agencies respionsibility. Joining a volunteer group to help on weekends is your opportunity to continue giving back, no one told you you couldn't.

Unregistered
    Was there any females on the team? No? You know half went for the OT and half went for the publicity. Meanwhile back at camp there were even more promotions than before. Too funny

Unregistered
    We did help and we gave them 100% of our resources while there. There are so many agencies from all over the United States, not just the feds there to help. Our agency responded and gave their guys an opportunity the reflect towards their homes and personal lives until all of the outside resources could be set into place. No one there was looking for the publicity of it and I assure you, it wasn't an easy gig. I can share that of the 20 ECSO employees that participated, it was truely an amazing group. The additional 20-30 people in the background that helped this become success deserves a thank you and you cannot sit from the comfort of your home here and say we didn't make a difference because we actually did.

The recovery time there is going to take longer than 6 months. The needs of what they require will be beyond the scope of a Disaster Response Unit. As a citizen and law enforcement officer, we should never stop trying to help, either with donations of debris removal on our own time but this is more than an outside agencies respionsibility. Joining a volunteer group to help on weekends is your opportunity to continue giving back, no one told you you couldn't.
    And how long were YOU there? Asking for a friend.

Unregistered
    Was there any females on the team? No? You know half went for the OT and half went for the publicity. Meanwhile back at camp there were even more promotions than before. Too funny
    Is there any in swat? See previous posts. Nuff said

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast