Day to day schedule for fhp
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Day to day schedule for fhp

Hi guys I'm thinking of joining fhp I'm curious as to what the daily schedule is like. I.e. do you have a briefing before shift, how do you start and end your shift or put in over time.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi guys I'm thinking of joining fhp I'm curious as to what the daily schedule is like. I.e. do you have a briefing before shift, how do you start and end your shift or put in over time.
    FHP is not a police department, therefore they do not function like one. What would the point be of briefing/roll call at the beginning of shift? "Ahh, yeah guys so crashes are up... We'll be responding to those today."

Unregistered
    I left and join another police agency. If you want to be working crashes and just giving out traffic tickets for the rest of your career, this is the department for you. After a while it gets old. Lets not forget to mention the pay. The agency can not retain any troopers because of how low the pay is. People do their time on the road and leave to another agency. Lets face the facts. Great agency with amazing training, but sad how they don't take care of their troopers. They deseve a better pay. I am not discouraging you from joining, just mentioning what many troopers do after two years. But if you can live with a base salary, then you are good to go. Many people i know have to work a bunch of off duties to make sure they have money coming in. Thats no life, at the end this is a job and we are a number. Family comes first. I rather work my eight hours and go home and enjoy the family versus working 3-4 off duties on top of a regular shift. They need to focus on paying troopers more instead of buying cameras all inside the car and new technology which is a waste of money. They need to focus on increasing the base salary for everyone.

Good luck and I wish you nothing but the best in your decision. You will figure it out.

Unregistered
    Thank you guys for the input I have heard all about the pay and how troopers "aren't real cops". I'm considering joining because it would be a better career opportunity for me at at this time. I also enjoy the traffic side of things over your typical "real police" work that's why I said I'm considering joining fhp not local pd or so.
    Can you give any input on my actual question.

Unregistered
    Its a good agency like i mention it before. I cant speak for anyone else, but i didnt have any roll calls, only when we had inspections,which was the only time i saw my sergeant. as for the overtime you get to work a program call SOAR but most people prefer to work offduties which is easier. The work schedule depends on the troop that you work at. Some have 12 hour shift and some have 8 hour. People prefer the 8 hours because it doesnt affect their off duties. It also depends on shortage of troopers. I know some areas that they are so short that they have to go to 12 hour shifts because of road coverage. You should inquiry with your local trooper and find out what is their hours. As far as checking in and checking out you do that from the road.

Unregistered
    Thanks for the info I appreciate it.
    Do you check-in/out once you get to your area of patrol or just when you get in you car at the beginning of the day

Unregistered
    You check in and out from wherever you can find a radio. Most of the time, that’s the bed or the shower. Sometimes it’s from the 33’s house. Poor troopers. Hope this helps.

Unregistered
    You check in and out from wherever you can find a radio. Most of the time, that’s the bed or the shower. Sometimes it’s from the 33’s house. Poor troopers. Hope this helps.
    Welcome to Miami and little havana

Unregistered
    Welcome to Miami and little havana
    The only place troopers get paid...

Unregistered
    Many troopers make over 6k a month in 208 alone in Miami.. just saying

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast