No Raise - Page 2
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: No Raise

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Fiscal year is done and new fiscal year has begun. No retro remotely possible. Bell screwed up everything including the process itself so now there’s no chance for any raise as Israel not offering and there’s no longer any contractural basis to provide one. Based on the bad blood there’s zero communication between Bell and Israel. Only hope is to remove Bell and/or IUPA all together. Israel will never do anything to benefit Bell.
    You tried this tactic when you were here PBA and failed miserably. Please go away

Unregistered
    The most important benefit the PBA could provide their membership would be issuing free knee high galoshes emblazoned with the PBA logo to help assist them in wading through all the B.S. they spew.

Unregistered
    Fiscal year is done and new fiscal year has begun. No retro remotely possible. Bell screwed up everything including the process itself so now there’s no chance for any raise as Israel not offering and there’s no longer any contractural basis to provide one. Based on the bad blood there’s zero communication between Bell and Israel. Only hope is to remove Bell and/or IUPA all together. Israel will never do anything to benefit Bell.
    Israel doesn't do anything for anybody other than his friends. He will promote deputies to Majors and Colonels, and undersheriff's and assistant undersheriff's and pastors and pastors assistants and on and on which, poof, gives each of them anywhere from a 30K to 50K raise. But his attitude has always been to screw the deputies, which are the only people actually working around here. Nice job Israel the clown.

Unregistered
    I think we can still get retro if the Sheriff ask's the County Commission to vote to give back some of the dollars he returned to them, but he needs their official permission to do it now.
    ZERO chance the County Commission will dig into their reserves to compensation the DLE deputies. Bell made a business decision to not accept the raise as proposed. Such decisions have consequences. It's rather foolish to reasonably believe that the CC will grant anything to the union as it would open the door for other unions to do the same when they don't get what they want. It's sort of like a spoiled child going to the father when the mother won't give him/her what they want.

CC will and should tell Bell, et al that you made the decision to not accept what was offered and you must live with that decision until the sheriff is willing to provide otherwise. If IUPA membership doesn't like that result either replace Bell or replace IUPA.

Bell, et al is and has been totally non-effective since he took the nuclear option. Once you pull that handle someone is going out the door and it clearly appears to be Bell in the long run.

Bell's recent radio comments that he still believes Scott would remove Israel only continues to demonstrate what a political novice (or should I say idiot) he is. ZERO chance Scott removes Israel. First, the governor CANNOT remove a constitutionally elect official. The governor may only suspend and it's ultimately up to the Florida Senate to make that decision which has only happened once in history absent a criminal conviction. It's totally foolish to believe this and clearly demonstrates that local IUPA leadership needs to go.

Just for the record I'm not for PBA or FOP. I could care less if it's IUPA , PBA or FOP. It's the local leadership and equally important the legal and political skillset that is brought to the benefit of its' members. Personally, the IUPA's legal team SUCKS. The IUPA's political skill set SUCKS. Simply put, IUPA in Florida doesn't have sufficient legal skill set nor the representation to make them a player at the negotiation table.

This has clearly been demonstrated time and time again since IUAP took over. I'm no fan of PBA and/or Morano but they were effective in legislative efforts and contracts. We never had to deal with the BS that's currently occurring.

Israel has made it clear unless and until at least Bell is gone there will be no further negotiations. IMHO time for Bell to depart that stage and allow for another leader to become effective and move this agency forward and get these financial issues resolved. As long as Bell remains in place we are all screwed.

Unregistered
    ZERO chance the County Commission will dig into their reserves to compensation the DLE deputies. Bell made a business decision to not accept the raise as proposed. Such decisions have consequences. It's rather foolish to reasonably believe that the CC will grant anything to the union as it would open the door for other unions to do the same when they don't get what they want. It's sort of like a spoiled child going to the father when the mother won't give him/her what they want.

CC will and should tell Bell, et al that you made the decision to not accept what was offered and you must live with that decision until the sheriff is willing to provide otherwise. If IUPA membership doesn't like that result either replace Bell or replace IUPA.

Bell, et al is and has been totally non-effective since he took the nuclear option. Once you pull that handle someone is going out the door and it clearly appears to be Bell in the long run.

Bell's recent radio comments that he still believes Scott would remove Israel only continues to demonstrate what a political novice (or should I say idiot) he is. ZERO chance Scott removes Israel. First, the governor CANNOT remove a constitutionally elect official. The governor may only suspend and it's ultimately up to the Florida Senate to make that decision which has only happened once in history absent a criminal conviction. It's totally foolish to believe this and clearly demonstrates that local IUPA leadership needs to go.

Just for the record I'm not for PBA or FOP. I could care less if it's IUPA , PBA or FOP. It's the local leadership and equally important the legal and political skillset that is brought to the benefit of its' members. Personally, the IUPA's legal team SUCKS. The IUPA's political skill set SUCKS. Simply put, IUPA in Florida doesn't have sufficient legal skill set nor the representation to make them a player at the negotiation table.

This has clearly been demonstrated time and time again since IUAP took over. I'm no fan of PBA and/or Morano but they were effective in legislative efforts and contracts. We never had to deal with the BS that's currently occurring.

Israel has made it clear unless and until at least Bell is gone there will be no further negotiations. IMHO time for Bell to depart that stage and allow for another leader to become effective and move this agency forward and get these financial issues resolved. As long as Bell remains in place we are all screwed.
    They would not be digging into their reserves PBA. The 3% retro money has been set aside a long time ago and it's still there waiting the decision.

Unregistered

What? The PBA effective in the legislator?...Don't forget it was under the PBA the 3% was taken out of our checks for FRS and our last contract with the PBA are raises were 0%, 0% & 2%. Go pedal your BS somewhere else.

Unregistered
    What? The PBA effective in the legislator?...Don't forget it was under the PBA the 3% was taken out of our checks for FRS and our last contract with the PBA are raises were 0%, 0% & 2%. Go pedal your BS somewhere else.
    The only reason the 3% was Taken out of your paycheck was because of People like "Red Tide" Scott and "Dufus DeSantis". The PBA did vigorously fight against these measures but the Republican Stalwarts won out. The PBA has been effective with strong additions,and I mean strong protections, under the Policemen's Bill of Rights. Now, IUPA supports DeSantis, who, if elected, which he won't, will do everything in his power to eliminate, or at least, erode the FRS.

Unregistered
    The only reason the 3% was Taken out of your paycheck was because of People like "Red Tide" Scott and "Dufus DeSantis". The PBA did vigorously fight against these measures but the Republican Stalwarts won out. The PBA has been effective with strong additions,and I mean strong protections, under the Policemen's Bill of Rights. Now, IUPA supports DeSantis, who, if elected, which he won't, will do everything in his power to eliminate, or at least, erode the FRS.
    The PBA also supports DeSantis and supported Scott so how can you only blame IUPA for the republican agenda? By the way, the word on the streets in Tallahassee back in 2010 when the 3% passed to be taken from our checks for FRS, PBA sat back and did nothing to fight the in exchange for a meager raise for FHP!

Unregistered

Wrong!

The PBA also supports DeSantis and supported Scott so how can you only blame IUPA for the republican agenda? By the way, the word on the streets in Tallahassee back in 2010 when the 3% passed to be taken from our checks for FRS, PBA sat back and did nothing to fight the in exchange for a meager raise for FHP!
    Wrong! Scott was looking to push legislation for a more significant contribution and the PBA, along with others, were able to convince Scott and other Republicans to decrease their demands to 3%. Scott and Co. wanted much more, and so will DeSantis!

Unregistered

Docheness

For years the PBA did nothing. A bunch of loud mouths who did very little for the deps. IUPA has done more in the last few years than PBA did in the 15 years prior. Pines and Hollywood got everything. Since they ran the PBA. I am not a huge fan of Bell since he went out of his way to trash a deputy. Whether that deputy made a mistake or not is irrelevant. If you don’t want to support him, fine. But don’t back the bus over him before you know ALL the facts. Lastly, I would take a pay CUT before I would do anything that supports this sheriff or lets him get his way. He has never had our backs. Pandering to BLM, threw Perazza under the bus, threats and intimidation over body cams, made BSO look like crap during the Douglas aftermath, stupidly took on the NRA, and then goes in hiding until it is time to support an ultra left wing nut job like Guillum which is his only chance for re-election. I am embarrased to work here but still do my job. But I don’t want or need s**t from this sheriff. I’ll wait for the next one and hope for the best.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast