No Raise - Page 9
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: No Raise

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Republicans by nature over the past 10-15 years want to rid government of defined benefits in the FRS. Because the FRS crosses multi agency is not exclusively LE related we are screwed with any republican governor/legislature. Those agencies such as FLPD/FLFD operate their own retirement programs best control their retirement destiny.

I would support moving all of BSO out of FRS and form our own retirement plan similar to FLPD/FLFD of which we are substantially larger. Any new union leadership should "work with" the Sheriff and all of the other union leaders. Maybe it's only DLE and DOD sworn that form the retirement program but we need to extricate ourselves from FRS. Unless and until that happens state R leaders will only continue to attack the FRS moving it to an investment based platform. I'm voting D across the board. I'm tired of getting my pocket picked and I'm too long into the FRS to move to FLPD/FLFD if I was able.
    Man, Do You Make Sense! The only thing I can add is that the FLPD never included Colas in their retirement benefits, unlike so many other retirement plans that do. Otherwise, no question, an independent plan is the way to go before Rick Scott, or someone who aligns him or herself with him, forces us out of a defined FRS plan.

Unregistered
    Gillum wants to give free medical insurance to everyone living in Florida, including an estimated 750,000 to 800,000 illegal aliens. He also wants to make Florida a sanctuary state. Logic would dictate that it would be Gillum who would have to drastically raise taxes and be looking to extract money from the FRS to fund his medicare-for-all social programs. I have a question for all you supposed law enforcement officers? How could you possibly support sanctuary for illegal aliens breaking the law and then rewarding them with free medical insurance at taxpayers expense. Even the dumbest person would have to concede that we would be opening up the floodgates to have more illegals pour into our state. As of today Florida is in the top five financially secure States in the country. Elect Gillum and we will end up like California bankrupt and overrun with illegals. See how that works out for your pension when the state declares insolvency.
    Let's get some facts correct:
    1) the governor cannot raise taxes
    2) neither the governor nor the legislature can impose a state income tax which can only be imposed via a constitutional amendment
    3) Gillum only proposed "tax increase" was on C corporations with net incomes greater than $50,000 which represents less than 3% of all businesses. It doesn't involve sole proprietor, S corporations, partnerships ,etc. These funds are to be used to increase teacher pay and increase school security
    4) the "free health care" to which you refer is the expansion of medicare which is the state's largest cost driver. The feds are willing to pick up 100% of the expansion costs with it slowly being reduced back to state funding over a 10 year period but with the feds always participating at some level. Currently those 750-800 to which you refer are covered by going to an emergency room and this includes illegals. Emergency room coverage is by far the most expensive and we each pay that via our property taxes through the hospital districts taxes. it's a lot cheaper to put them on managed medicare than emergency room care. What's more is that the state and/or the hospital districts are currently paying 100% of these expenses unless and until the state expands medicare and allows the feds to participate.
    5) DeSantis want the FRS to drop defined benefits in exchange for the investment programs for all new employees.

Unregistered
    Man, Do You Make Sense! The only thing I can add is that the FLPD never included Colas in their retirement benefits, unlike so many other retirement plans that do. Otherwise, no question, an independent plan is the way to go before Rick Scott, or someone who aligns him or herself with him, forces us out of a defined FRS plan.
    They are just starting to add a COLA from what I'm told. Let's also keep in mind they're eligible from drop after only 20. WTF I mean really only after 20 and we are 25 now and Scott and now DeSantis are pushing for 30? That's why it's so important for us to self manage our own pensions.

Unregistered
    They are just starting to add a COLA from what I'm told. Let's also keep in mind they're eligible from drop after only 20. WTF I mean really only after 20 and we are 25 now and Scott and now DeSantis are pushing for 30? That's why it's so important for us to self manage our own pensions.
    Wow! Wish you were leading our collective bargaining group, Everything you say makes sense!

Unregistered
    Republicans by nature over the past 10-15 years want to rid government of defined benefits in the FRS. Because the FRS crosses multi agency is not exclusively LE related we are screwed with any republican governor/legislature. Those agencies such as FLPD/FLFD operate their own retirement programs best control their retirement destiny.

I would support moving all of BSO out of FRS and form our own retirement plan similar to FLPD/FLFD of which we are substantially larger. Any new union leadership should "work with" the Sheriff and all of the other union leaders. Maybe it's only DLE and DOD sworn that form the retirement program but we need to extricate ourselves from FRS. Unless and until that happens state R leaders will only continue to attack the FRS moving it to an investment based platform. I'm voting D across the board. I'm tired of getting my pocket picked and I'm too long into the FRS to move to FLPD/FLFD if I was able.
    I may not be as far along as you are in the FRS, but I agree with you. Can't let them keep on taking away our FRS benefits and increasing the age for full retirement.

Unregistered
    It was scheduled for Nov 8th but then bso backed out last minute saying they had to reschedule. Now its dec 4th I believe
    True , and retro money will be from Oct 1st 2017. We are looking right towards the end of year

Unregistered

As a life-long Republican, I would love to disagree with you, but factually, you are absolutely correct. I've got 23 in and I'm not going to let anybody similar to DeSantis screw with my pension contribution or further raise the age to qualify. No F##k'n way!

Unregistered
    True , and retro money will be from Oct 1st 2017. We are looking right towards the end of year
    Not possible. That fiscal year has closed and no ability to reopen. Any retro could only possibly be from October 1, 2018 which is the start of the new FY. Therefore, nada. Additionally, as the county commission isn't going to provide and SI will not provide anything until Bell's removal from IUPA leadership we have to either recall Bell keeping IUPA or bring in PBA or FOP if we have any chance of any pay increase. That's just the reality.

Unregistered
    Don't agree. Toothless vermin like you are the dregs of society. Colonel Adderly gonna piss on all your pent-up anger. Release it without hitting someone or some poor pitbull and you will feel better.
    Seems like the Colonel is your butt buddy and why would I care what he thinks. He is just like you...worthless.

Unregistered
    As a life-long Republican, I would love to disagree with you, but factually, you are absolutely correct. I've got 23 in and I'm not going to let anybody similar to DeSantis screw with my pension contribution or further raise the age to qualify. No F##k'n way!
    I got to agree with you!

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast