Heading North not looking bad. Good luck MDPD - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I hate to rain on your exit parade but smaller agencies are just that, smaller agencies. If you think nepotism is bad here, wait until you get to Mayberry. Transfers and promotions are rare. You can probably expect to stay in your hired position for the rest of your career. If you are okay with that, you'll be fine. If you think you'll be the town sheriff in two years, you'll be back. If that happens, don't feel ashamed, you won't be the first.
    A little condescending shot comment towards the anglos? Eh!

Unregistered
    I hate to rain on your exit parade but smaller agencies are just that, smaller agencies. If you think nepotism is bad here, wait until you get to Mayberry. Transfers and promotions are rare. You can probably expect to stay in your hired position for the rest of your career. If you are okay with that, you'll be fine. If you think you'll be the town sheriff in two years, you'll be back. If that happens, don't feel ashamed, you won't be the first.
    One thing is for certain. At least where he is going grown men who represent a police department do not throw themselves on the floor in front of their headquarters and pretend to be a hip hop dancing machine. They do not put on push up exhibitions to impress young recruits nor are they betray their brother officers by destroying their department to satisfy their sugar daddy mayor. The only parade thst is rained on is the one going on here where unqualified individuals rise up the chain based on who they know.

Unregistered
    Heading north to the cold and no Cuban food, no thank you. Enjoy it up there. I will stay here.

Unregistered
    After 15+ years laboring at MDPD, I have finally decided to pull the plug and head north to work at a small town department. Don’t get me wrong, I will miss the majority of those I worked with. What I won’t miss is a department headed by an unqualified Director, more akin to a high schooler in heat than a responsible leader. I will not miss the political promotions and the cutthroat mentality of a HQ where favors are exchanged for promotions. I will not miss the back stabbers spread throughout the department whose orders are to keep an ear on the ground and report rumors and gossip to a juvenile director. I will not miss the laughable break dancing and push up contests in front of HQ or the broken English comments to any camera that shows up at a crime scene. I wish all good luck and encourage you to look for a simpler life elsewhere away from here where a man or women’s word or a handshake still mean something. God speed.
    Please tell me your joining an agency that is FRS. Your mistake here was getting promoted to LT.

Unregistered
    Please tell me your joining an agency that is FRS. Your mistake here was getting promoted to LT.
    I AGREE. Very important to stay in FRS. At about 15 years on, I also hit the same wall. I looked at agencies up and down both coasts, all the way up to the pan handle. I also did a couple ride alongs to talk to the guys. Here is my take: WE MAKE A LOT MORE MONEY THAN OUR PEERS UP NORTH! They had the same complaints as we have at quite a few of the agencies and some of the elected sheriffs were jerks. I was very tempted to leave, even bought a house up north and moved the family out of Miami. At the end of the day, I just didn't want to take a 50k pay cut. I stayed and rode it out until 25 and bailed. The grass isn't always greener, just sayin. Good luck!

Unregistered
    Every Sheriff’s office in Florida is FRS and a large portion of PD’s are too. Plenty options out there

Unregistered
    Heading north to the cold and no Cuban food, no thank you. Enjoy it up there. I will stay here.
    Here’s a nugget for you. Cuba is but a pimple on an elephant’s arse as far as most of us Americans are concerned. There are plenty of other foods to eat elsewhere and you do not have to deal wirh Fidel’s new generation- you know, the recently arrived, wearing capri shorts, red tennis shoes and hats, tight polo shirts and greasy spiky hair. Think about that the next time you see them double park at Home Depot or getting caught in a credir card scam or a Medicare scheme. Your people brother.

Unregistered
    Here’s a nugget for you. Cuba is but a pimple on an elephant’s arse as far as most of us Americans are concerned. There are plenty of other foods to eat elsewhere and you do not have to deal wirh Fidel’s new generation- you know, the recently arrived, wearing capri shorts, red tennis shoes and hats, tight polo shirts and greasy spiky hair. Think about that the next time you see them double park at Home Depot or getting caught in a credir card scam or a Medicare scheme. Your people brother.
    this is very true...but, I call them MR. Tito's with their gaudy necklaces and bracelets...perhaps some are doing credit card fraud and what not...the old folks are the one's running scamming medicare clinics (fraud) ….the new under the radar thing is the pingulitos aka Mr. Titos are running sex trafficing scemes bringing the Cuban girls here and making them work for them for 2 years in strip clubs,backpage,massage offices,craigslist and so on reference 33's...the feds just nailed one pingulito last year here in Miami for sex trafficing…. the new generation of Cubans that have/had come here could care less about this country..they secretly support the castro government..they hate americans and Cuban americans because of the BS they teach in schools there,TV and radio...a lot of Cubans are staying in Cuba not because of obamas turn on wet foot dry foot policy but because the pingulitos and 33's are sending tons of money back to their families there not know what they are doing here...IMO the feds need to ramp up investigations on these losers and put them in prison!!! starting with Miami and Houston....longggg sentences so they can hold Tyrone or Bubbas pocket while walking around the compound prison...what did castro tell jimmy carter in 1980??? I have flushed the toilets of cuba onto the united states....peanuts!!!

Unregistered
    this is very true...but, I call them MR. Tito's with their gaudy necklaces and bracelets...perhaps some are doing credit card fraud and what not...the old folks are the one's running scamming medicare clinics (fraud) ….the new under the radar thing is the pingulitos aka Mr. Titos are running sex trafficing scemes bringing the Cuban girls here and making them work for them for 2 years in strip clubs,backpage,massage offices,craigslist and so on reference 33's...the feds just nailed one pingulito last year here in Miami for sex trafficing…. the new generation of Cubans that have/had come here could care less about this country..they secretly support the castro government..they hate americans and Cuban americans because of the BS they teach in schools there,TV and radio...a lot of Cubans are staying in Cuba not because of obamas turn on wet foot dry foot policy but because the pingulitos and 33's are sending tons of money back to their families there not know what they are doing here...IMO the feds need to ramp up investigations on these losers and put them in prison!!! starting with Miami and Houston....longggg sentences so they can hold Tyrone or Bubbas pocket while walking around the compound prison...what did castro tell jimmy carter in 1980??? I have flushed the toilets of cuba onto the united states....peanuts!!!
    That was yesterday’s scheme. Today’s Cuba scheme is the issuing of “Spanish citizen” passports to cubans by Spain. Now they can travel here for months at a time to engage in prostitution, working illegally in the ALF home business and Lord knows what else. And all that talk about building a wall? BS. If there was ever a wall needed it should be built here to keep of those communist bred anti American Cubans out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12