Tired of Gimenez? I remember 2012...

Unregistered

Tired of Gimenez? I remember 2012...

All along these posts I hear the griping about the state of affairs in our department. Complaints about tthe lack of a PBA contract; friends and family promotions; disbandment of units and bureaus, etc.
    Question is, where were you in 2012? That was the year our department members marched to the slaughter house and for the most part, did not lift a finger to prevent Gimenez from becoming mayor. That was the year ou director held fundraisers for Gimenez and even spied at a Martinez dominoe rally at the PBA building as he took down names of those who opposed Gimenez.
    And how about those MD firemen! In their yellow shirts at all precints supporting Gimenez while most of us hid and “did not wish to be political”.
    Think about all that has happened in the last 6 years. If you opposed Gimenez you were on the right side. If you sat at home in fear now you have what you deserve. That is the trouble with being a fence sitter or a flounderer in times of trouble. You survive the storm and die every next day for life.

Unregistered
    Bravo my friend, well said. In addition to the fence sitters, there was a very large group of PPOs that Gimenez threatened with pink slips. Senior officers supported them by voting no for a raise. Those same PPOs turned coat and voted for Gimenez for "saving their jobs"

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    All along these posts I hear the griping about the state of affairs in our department. Complaints about tthe lack of a PBA contract; friends and family promotions; disbandment of units and bureaus, etc.
    Question is, where were you in 2012? That was the year our department members marched to the slaughter house and for the most part, did not lift a finger to prevent Gimenez from becoming mayor. That was the year ou director held fundraisers for Gimenez and even spied at a Martinez dominoe rally at the PBA building as he took down names of those who opposed Gimenez.
    And how about those MD firemen! In their yellow shirts at all precints supporting Gimenez while most of us hid and “did not wish to be political”.
    Think about all that has happened in the last 6 years. If you opposed Gimenez you were on the right side. If you sat at home in fear now you have what you deserve. That is the trouble with being a fence sitter or a flounderer in times of trouble. You survive the storm and die every next day for life.
    I remember that fundraiser for Joe Martinez in 2012. It was put together by a few guys- most of whom are no longer here. I also remember Juan Perez and Eric Mendez attending the event and playing dominoes at a center table. After Perez’s meteoric promotion I have always wondered what he was doing at that event. By that time he had probably been recruited by Gimenez so I agree with the theory that he was there spying on the rest of us. We had a full house there that night but most of the attendees were employees from other county departments. Most of our department members avoided the event to prevent future repercussions. After Gimenez won Perez even had a “breakdown” at a graduation ceremony after the pink slips came out. To my surprise many in this department thought of him as a “hero” for “standing up”. Acting my friends! Just acting. The fix has been on ever since. Patterson and Perez were the traitors that sold the department to Gimenez.

Unregistered
    All good points. And now,with the PBA weaker than ever before we are in a pickle with GIMENEZ once again. This time there won’t be a fight. At least we had some warriors that fought to get us back everything Gimenez stole and took him to task at the Supreme Court. Not anymore!

Unregistered
    I can understand how a cynical fireman would become mayor and go after public service employees. What I can’t understand is how two SOBs like Patterson and Perez would gladly jump on his bandwagon and turn their backs on their fellow officers. May those two choke on their new found wealth and benefits.

Unregistered
    "What I can’t understand is how two SOBs like Patterson and Perez would gladly jump on his bandwagon"
    Are you joking? Two of the biggest Affirmative Action Whores in this agency and that surprises you?
    We have been polluted to the core and most of these appointments have the stink of politics and you don't understand ?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I can understand how a cynical fireman would become mayor and go after public service employees. What I can’t understand is how two SOBs like Patterson and Perez would gladly jump on his bandwagon and turn their backs on their fellow officers. May those two choke on their new found wealth and benefits.
    Hello patterson would never been director if not for him and being blk / nor would perez be director; he might have made major thats about it