Research

Thread: Research

Unregistered

Research

Research
    Fresh out of college.(less than a year). I've looked into in the city, its demographic, crime, culture and overall I'd like to live and work in the city. The city seems like a great to place to work.
    Looking to get a gauge of what it is like working for Miami Gardens police. Looking for info beyond simply telling me what the pay is like, tell me about life and work balance, work hours, supervisors and any other pertinent information.
    Thanks

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Research
    Fresh out of college.(less than a year). I've looked into in the city, its demographic, crime, culture and overall I'd like to live and work in the city. The city seems like a great to place to work.
    Looking to get a gauge of what it is like working for Miami Gardens police. Looking for info beyond simply telling me what the pay is like, tell me about life and work balance, work hours, supervisors and any other pertinent information.
    Thanks
    Run from this place as fast as you can

Unregistered
    Funny you say that being kinda of shows how much of an idiotic hypocrite you are. That paychecks pays your bills doesn’t it though.

For the first post it’s shift work like any other department. We run off of 12 hr days which is split. 2 on 2 off, every other weekend is a three day weekend. It’s hard work. It’s not slow here, very fast paced.

Unregistered
    Funny you say that being kinda of shows how much of an idiotic hypocrite you are. That paychecks pays your bills doesn’t it though.

For the first post it’s shift work like any other department. We run off of 12 hr days which is split. 2 on 2 off, every other weekend is a three day weekend. It’s hard work. It’s not slow here, very fast paced.
    Thank you, what is this department currently looking for in term of applicants? I'm in my early 20's with a college degree (not in criminology or criminal justice) and I speak 3 languages French. Creole and obviously English; and also I have a squeaky background with no instance of perjury, or questionable actions.

Once more, thank you for any positive feedback

Unregistered
    Why don't you just apply? Many have degrees and a squeaky clean record and fail at something else like the psychological or medical. Just apply if you make it congratulations, if you don't then look elsewhere. Everyone is hiring.

Unregistered
    Why don't you just apply? Many have degrees and a squeaky clean record and fail at something else like the psychological or medical. Just apply if you make it congratulations, if you don't then look elsewhere. Everyone is hiring.
    Sorry to give the impression that I haven't applied yet but I did apply back in August and currently the application says that I have passed the SME/ Department review so I'm just waiting on the next step.

In the meanwhile, I was just gathering info since you can't have too much info going in this process.

Unregistered
    How's the department review? I am thinking on applying.