Q for mod1

Thread: Q for mod1

Unregistered

Q for mod1

So if there are sexual misconduct allegations they can't be posted here or does it matter who it's concerning-like if it's an elected position or no or all of them are not allowed? Or does there have to be a finished IA? What if there was no IA? Asking due to comments seen and deleted while others still there

Banned LEO Affairs Rookie
    Unsubstantiated or improper allegations are not permitted. MOD 1 has stated previously that if you have some proof he will allow certain comments. The reason the current comments have been deleted is that there is currently an open IA and no findings have been reached.

Banned LEO Affairs Rookie
    From Mod 1 in another thread:

MOD 1 said:
    09-13-2018 09:57 PM
    This is apparently a sensitive subject. I have restored posts that do not violate the Terms of Use. Those posts that were deleted violated the Terms of Use inferred or implied improper allegations against someone. That will not be tolerated.

Do not post anything on here that violates the Terms of Use. If you can't post proof of something, then don't post it. I won't hesitate to yank this thread off of here and ban anyone who violates the Terms of Use by making improper allegations.

Mod 1

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD 721 View Post
    Unsubstantiated or improper allegations are not permitted. MOD 1 has stated previously that if you have some proof he will allow certain comments. The reason the current comments have been deleted is that there is currently an open IA and no findings have been reached.
    And just how would you know that unless you’re a member of ECSO staff?

The only people who would have proof of an open IA are members of the IA Unit, agency staff, the subject or witnesses and their pba representatives.

So which one are you?

Dear Mod 1,
    Do you commonly allow agency staff to be moderators on your boards?

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar
    Sexual misconduct allegations should not be posted here at all unless you post some type of proof with it. Even then, it should only be posted here as a very last resort.

To answer the question about if I would make a staff member a moderator. Honestly with all of the checks and balances that I have in place, I would be willing to make almost anyone a moderator. I really don't think I would make a Chief or Sheriff a moderator for obvious reasons, but I believe all others would be fair game I believe. No Moderators, except for me, can view IP addresses. I have a way to review all deletions, so if someone has an agenda, I can see it. So, whether someone is a rookie, or a staff member or someone in between, as long as they follow the Terms of Use and don't don't break any of my rules for Moderators, then they can be one.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.