Researching police agencies

Unregistered

Researching police agencies

Fresh out of college.(less than a year)
    Looking to get a gauge of what it is like working for your police department. Looking for info beyond simply telling me what the pay is like, tell me about life and work balance, work hours, supervisors and any other pertinent information.
    Thanks

Unregistered

College not required to know this dept and its ofc's suck

Applying here will definitely DQ your application to any other dept for lack of judgement.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Fresh out of college.(less than a year)
    Looking to get a gauge of what it is like working for your police department. Looking for info beyond simply telling me what the pay is like, tell me about life and work balance, work hours, supervisors and any other pertinent information.
    Thanks
    If you're fresh out of college and can't take the time to Google this department and find out all of its pay issues, corruption, high attrition, and other issues: just give your degree back immediately because you will not make it in police work with your lack of basic investigative skills. Plenty of other departments across the country that will take you with no prior law enforcement experience. If you don't mind relocating, apply for the Atlanta Police Department. They just approved a 30% raise for officers for officers so you'll start at 50k after the academy and they have a very quick hiring process.

Unregistered

A decision has been made

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you're fresh out of college and can't take the time to Google this department and find out all of its pay issues, corruption, high attrition, and other issues: just give your degree back immediately because you will not make it in police work with your lack of basic investigative skills. Plenty of other departments across the country that will take you with no prior law enforcement experience. If you don't mind relocating, apply for the Atlanta Police Department. They just approved a 30% raise for officers for officers so you'll start at 50k after the academy and they have a very quick hiring process.
    I have investigated further since the original post and this department wasn't among the ones selected that received an application from me. This department and the city are marred with corruption, financial difficulties and administrative problem. As a prospective young officers, a "clean" place (department and city) free of corruption and FBI inquiries would be more beneficial for me and also a place that will give adequate post academy training is also a plus and this department doesn't seem to fit.

Thank you, everyone for your time
    PS: Good luck, everyone.