Looking in your agencies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Looking in your agencies

Research
    Fresh out of college.(less than a year). I've looked into in the city, its demographic, crime, culture and overall I'd like to live and work in the city. I have lived in the city growing up, moved out after college.
    Looking to get a gauge of what it is like working for Hollywood police. Looking for info beyond simply telling me what the pay is like, tell me about life and work balance, work hours, supervisors and any other pertinent information.
    Thanks

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Research
    Fresh out of college.(less than a year). I've looked into in the city, its demographic, crime, culture and overall I'd like to live and work in the city. I have lived in the city growing up, moved out after college.
    Looking to get a gauge of what it is like working for Hollywood police. Looking for info beyond simply telling me what the pay is like, tell me about life and work balance, work hours, supervisors and any other pertinent information.
    Thanks
    Hollywood is a dump. The PD is joke. City hall doesn't care about its employees. The supervisors are all incompetent.

Unregistered
    Agree the training is horrible; the majority of the FTO trainers don’t want to even train so at the end your screwed, the mayor is a joke and dosent even support officers just bash them. Don’t even waste your time.

Unregistered
    Is this true because I just applied

Unregistered
    Unfortunately VERY TRUE...I would not recommend anything about the City of Hollywood...well maybe the beach if you can speak Spanish, can handle all the belligerent drunks and homeless people bathing in the beach/ sand wash off showers...the city is a complete dump! Drugs, prostitutes, property crimes and a city government who doesn't give a crap about ANY of their employees (not just LEO's)...and lets not forget about a majority of the citizens who live there and think somehow they own you with the $.12 in taxes they pay your salary with...go where your appreciated!!

Supervisors scary incompetent most can't make a decision without calling someone.... work life balance...don't count on it because you are so under paid your working all the time...for the most part co-workers get along, aside from the occasional personal ego battle.

Most of the FTO's are decent and only want the best for recruits, because obviously who would want to work with an idiot unsafe rookie?? Unfortunately for several years now Hollywood has been hiring from the bottle of the barrel because the pay/benefits suck and the city treats us worse than second class citizens.....

I'd suggest you look elsewhere unless your completely desperate to wear the badge...

Unregistered

Don't do it.

If you do decide to come. Your title will be propety clerk / police officer. Yes we havw taken over the roll of the lazy property clerk's roll. Can we say accreditation.

Unregistered
    Research
    Thanks
    Don't work for Hollywood, Ft Lauderdale or BSO if you want comradery with other agencies.

Unregistered

really?

Well, the swimming test kept me from applying instead I applied with a couple agencies in Miami-Dade county. Maybe in another life.

Unregistered
    Research
    Thanks
    If you're looking for a department that works well with other agencies, stay away from BSO, Ft Lauderdale and HOLLYWOOD.

Unregistered
    I think we work fine with other agencies. I don’t see ya having an issue working with anyone or any agency.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast