Researching police agencies - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This place sucks. No place to learn or do any police work. Sit in our school all day and take orders from a principal. Ask permission to take a 12. Low pay. No opportunity for advancement. Equipment is minimal. Toxic old timers and vets who have skated their entire sorry careers as detectives and at other hand picked assignments but know nothing. Our K9s are like house pets and stay holed up in the car. Dumb and lazy command staff (the absolute worse). Our headquarters is a dump. Little respect within the local law enforcement community. Widely considered school security not LEOs. Two chiefs of police.
    Still thinking of applying? 🤔
    I mainly applied where there was plenty of vacancies. So far I did 3 departments including the School PD, which more of a last options to get my certification and move one to desired places where I would like to work.
    Not really among my top choices but if they sponsor me, I'll take it and work there to my best ability just like I would do anywhere else then move on to greener pastures. Knowing that I did my best and worked hard.

Unregistered
    I mainly applied where there was plenty of vacancies. So far I did 3 departments including the School PD, which more of a last options to get my certification and move one to desired places where I would like to work.
    Not really among my top choices but if they sponsor me, I'll take it and work there to my best ability just like I would do anywhere else then move on to greener pastures. Knowing that I did my best and worked hard.
    Do like most others do or have. Come here, use us to get certified and then, either bail to another agency or stay here and do nothing.
    Take a look and ask around at how many POs have left this dump and went on to the City, County and other places and are doing great police work and making a fortune. Then, take a look at some of our command staff duds who wear a rank on their color but are a disgrace and embarrassment. They’ve spent decades here doing squat, nada, zilch! They’ve become masters at taking extended lunch breaks and pretending to be police executives. They’ve taken complete advantage of this place and that’s why we will never be respected. So, depending upon your goals and plans, this place may work for you, but it is the worst department in the entire county, so you’ve been warned.

Unregistered

Response

Do like most others do or have. Come here, use us to get certified and then, either bail to another agency or stay here and do nothing.
    Take a look and ask around at how many POs have left this dump and went on to the City, County and other places and are doing great police work and making a fortune. Then, take a look at some of our command staff duds who wear a rank on their color but are a disgrace and embarrassment. They’ve spent decades here doing squat, nada, zilch! They’ve become masters at taking extended lunch breaks and pretending to be police executives. They’ve taken complete advantage of this place and that’s why we will never be respected. So, depending upon your goals and plans, this place may work for you, but it is the worst department in the entire county, so you’ve been warned.
    Getting certified is key right now but that being said I'll work at the department and wait for my time to leave but I won't screw or put in mediocre work in the mean time because I don't want hinder any potential move.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12