4 on 3 off work week - Page 8
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    It figures some rookie would come on here and blame the senior Ofcs for not having 4-10s. Well, just so we are clear, it is the rookies fault why it was taken away in the first place. When we had 4-10s, the entitled rookies were not satisfied with 3 days off. They also wanted holidays off, even when their 3 day weekend did fall within the holiday period. Since they didn't respect the senior Ofcs rights to first pick of time off, they would just fcuk over the the squad (and the whole platoon) by calling out sick during the holidays. The supervisors grew tired of the game and changed things. Now, even if some selfish nitwit calls out during the holidays, it's only for 8, not 10, hours per day.

Unregistered
    How does that make any sense. You will call out no matter what. 3 days off is 3 days off. More time will your family and less stress!!!!!!! 4 on 3 off.....

Unregistered
    I’m down for more time with my family. I hope that’s one of the items the sheriff runs on. More time off for officers to be with their families .....

Unregistered

Rookie speaks up

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It figures some rookie would come on here and blame the senior Ofcs for not having 4-10s. Well, just so we are clear, it is the rookies fault why it was taken away in the first place. When we had 4-10s, the entitled rookies were not satisfied with 3 days off. They also wanted holidays off, even when their 3 day weekend did fall within the holiday period. Since they didn't respect the senior Ofcs rights to first pick of time off, they would just fcuk over the the squad (and the whole platoon) by calling out sick during the holidays. The supervisors grew tired of the game and changed things. Now, even if some selfish nitwit calls out during the holidays, it's only for 8, not 10, hours per day.
    You know I’m so sick of you referring to us “rookies” as something that shouldn’t have anything to contribute. We are the future ding bat and while I respect my fathers era and recognize the sacrifices made before me, I also know that because others had to suffer doesn’t mean the rest do too.
    My dad had to work to make ends meat. I’m fortunate enough to work to sustain my lifestyle but my family time is so precious to me.
    So it offends me when you make it sound that we have to suffer because you did. I heard a PBA guy make reference to rookies in a degrading way I almost told him to go f*ck himself but I held back. Dad said I did the right thing as they can make my life miserable. That confused Me because they are supposed to be on my side.
    Anyway the older I get the wiser I become but don’t share the same views as some. I hope the “rookies” behind me have it easier because that’s an indication that life is improving. I hope the old salts that are selfish like the previous writer has a long healthy life but stop offending me and my generation please

Unregistered
    You know I’m so sick of you referring to us “rookies” as something that shouldn’t have anything to contribute. We are the future ding bat and while I respect my fathers era and recognize the sacrifices made before me, I also know that because others had to suffer doesn’t mean the rest do too.
    My dad had to work to make ends meat. I’m fortunate enough to work to sustain my lifestyle but my family time is so precious to me.
    So it offends me when you make it sound that we have to suffer because you did. I heard a PBA guy make reference to rookies in a degrading way I almost told him to go f*ck himself but I held back. Dad said I did the right thing as they can make my life miserable. That confused Me because they are supposed to be on my side.
    Anyway the older I get the wiser I become but don’t share the same views as some. I hope the “rookies” behind me have it easier because that’s an indication that life is improving. I hope the old salts that are selfish like the previous writer has a long healthy life but stop offending me and my generation please
    shut up you snowflake rookie. being called a rookie is part of the job and tradition. when you grow up and be a senior officer we will call you just snowflake.

Unregistered
    I may be a snowflake as you call it and you are just dirty slush. Probably the same PBA Azz wipe I heard talking crap

Unregistered
    I’m a parent and I’d make arrangements to make a better schedule work for my family. 4/3 wooukd be great even PBSO’s schedule of the 4/4. Let’s take a vote

Unregistered
    Hey rookie, I'm glad you didn't talk out of line at the PBA meeting, you would have made a fool out of yourself and your father. You are exactly the reason we lost the 4/3. You think YOUR family is more important than everyone else's family.

Senior Ofcs are the rookies who were there before you. They took the late calls, the crappy details, etc. Most importantly, they worked the holidays. That gave the more senior Ofcs who were there before them the time off to be with THEIR families.

Along comes this new generation of entitled rookies. These fools flew into the Dept first class. No one told them they would work weekends and holidays. No one told them they would work the road longer than they expected. So they join and fcuk up the natural order. If they're scheduled to work a weekend or holiday they want off, they call out sick. They don't care if the squad is short, they are not waiting, they are taking that day off. Soon, they'll complain to their godfather to get on a unit of their choice.

What you fail to realize is there will be more entitled rookies behind you, with more influence than you. They'll soon call you old timers and demand you sacrifice to make things easier for them.

Unregistered
    I may be a snowflake as you call it and you are just dirty slush. Probably the same PBA Azz wipe I heard talking crap
    im goood rook. i got weekends off. thanks for your sacrifice

Unregistered
    I’m a parent and I’d make arrangements to make a better schedule work for my family. 4/3 wooukd be great even PBSO’s schedule of the 4/4. Let’s take a vote
    As if you had a choice. The chiefs got rid of it and it is not coming back. We lost 4/3s because people would call out sick during holidays, extending their 3 days off to a 5 day holiday vacation. Rookies were usually the ones doing it, since they didn't have seniority to get the time off.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast