Reserve Program

Thread: Reserve Program

Unregistered

Reserve Program

Can anyone comment on the reserve program? I am fully certified with experience looking to keep my cert active and possibly work some off duty details... Thanks in advance..

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can anyone comment on the reserve program? I am fully certified with experience looking to keep my cert active and possibly work some off duty details... Thanks in advance..
    I am in a similar situation. AFAIK, TPD has a robust reserve program. You will be required to go through an abbreviated FTO certification process, and be obligated to perform two (volunteer) shifts a month.

Reserves in good standing are able to sign up for TPD off duty gigs. You are limited to the Reserve II jobs (not solo and no TPD car) at $25 an hour.

Unregistered
    I am in a similar situation. AFAIK, TPD has a robust reserve program. You will be required to go through an abbreviated FTO certification process, and be obligated to perform two (volunteer) shifts a month.

Reserves in good standing are able to sign up for TPD off duty gigs. You are limited to the Reserve II jobs (not solo and no TPD car) at $25 an hour.
    Are you able to complete a full FTO program and solo car obtain unrestricted access of off duty details?

Unregistered
    Off duty is $36 hour.

Unregistered
    Are you able to complete a full FTO program and solo car obtain unrestricted access of off duty details?
    No unfortunately this is not an option unless you’ve been a full time officer off probation and either retire or resign as full time. Rumor is they may be changing this though.

Unregistered
    No unfortunately this is not an option unless you’ve been a full time officer off probation and either retire or resign as full time. Rumor is they may be changing this though.
    Correct. I've spoken with several reserve programs. They all seem to work the same way; Reserve II is paid $25 an hour, can't be solo, don't get a car. Reserve I is paid $35+, can work solo, can take out a car.

Reserve I is only for current LEO or LEO retired from that department. An example is court deputy. Theoretically a certified LEO could take the full FTO and become a Reserve I, but no local agency has sponsored such a program in ~10 years.

Unregistered
    Reserves II’s are paid the same amount as full time officers on OD jobs. You obviously don’t know what you are talking about. Non alcohol events are $30 and alcohol events are $37.