It's On! PBA vs IUPA - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I admit it. I bought into the whole IUPA thing. I didn't like being part of the teamsters, but I thought the PBA guys were too busy to care about BSO and Lee was a tool. With the PBA, if you found yourself in a shooting, we got Alfero. I thought, what the hell...lets give IUPA a shot. Now I am watching them turn down a raise and insert them into local and state politics. Every time I see Bell on an interview or quoted in the paper I want to hide. Totally embarrassing. Is there a union out there that can just represent us, pick the right battles, improve our position and not make us all look like A-holes in the process??? I heard the PBA petition had almost 500 signatures. Blast me if you want, unless JB figures a way to right this ship, my vote is to go back to the PBA.
    Why not just vote Bell out & send him back to the road ?

Unregistered
    Why not just vote Bell out & send him back to the road ?
    Best idea I heard today!

Unregistered
    This thread is hilarious, if you look back at old threads on here you will see the PBA accusing Jeff Bell and IUPA being in Sheriff Israel’s pocket. They even pointed out how Bell had an office in the PSB (that he never used). This was all after the PBA was always in the Sheriff Al Lamberty’s pocket and had a history of screwing members for Tahoe’s and cushy positions.
    In comes Israel who dislikes Lahiff so much that he sends him to Pompano and gives him a 2007 crown Vic from the scrap yard that has no motor so they put a moped motor in it to pull his fat ass around.

Well Jeff Bell and IUPA actually start fighting for Deputies and refuse to play the Tahoe game with Israel and company. This is the first time in BSO history that this has happened.

So out of desperation the Sheriff and his henchmen reach out to fat Bob and that beast Meghan and make a deal with them to bring back the PBA and get full control over the lowly Deputies again. (This is illegal BTW)

Lahiff is sent to Pompano CST, Megan is sent to Parkland CI. The Sheriff promises Lahiff he will hold our raise back long enough for the PBA to collect Perc cards and have an election.

So once again the PBA is selling out the members for personal gain. What a sorry bunch of human beings. Jeff thanks for fighting the good fight any deputy that has been here for more then 5 years knows what the PBA is about and they will never come back. Shame on you Sheriff for treating your deputies so poorly.
    We all remember how PBA never fought for us!! It doesn't matter how much that ex PBA rep keeps posting here

Unregistered
    I admit it. I bought into the whole IUPA thing. I didn't like being part of the teamsters, but I thought the PBA guys were too busy to care about BSO and Lee was a tool. With the PBA, if you found yourself in a shooting, we got Alfero. I thought, what the hell...lets give IUPA a shot. Now I am watching them turn down a raise and insert them into local and state politics. Every time I see Bell on an interview or quoted in the paper I want to hide. Totally embarrassing. Is there a union out there that can just represent us, pick the right battles, improve our position and not make us all look like A-holes in the process??? I heard the PBA petition had almost 500 signatures. Blast me if you want, unless JB figures a way to right this ship, my vote is to go back to the PBA.
    Gave it a shot and it backfired. We will remain in limbo. How could JB and the reps endorse a nut like DeSantis who is intent on raising the age for full retirement benefits?

Unregistered
    Gave it a shot and it backfired. We will remain in limbo. How could JB and the reps endorse a nut like DeSantis who is intent on raising the age for full retirement benefits?
    JB only did what the members voted for and that was to endorse DeSamtis. Only the PBA leadership will endorse politicians without a vote from the membership.

Unregistered
    JB only did what the members voted for and that was to endorse DeSamtis. Only the PBA leadership will endorse politicians without a vote from the membership.
    Bad knee-jerk decision. At the very least, Nelson has always been tight with the Police Unions. Tell me IUPA endorsed him?

Unregistered
    Bad knee-jerk decision. At the very least, Nelson has always been tight with the Police Unions. Tell me IUPA endorsed him?
    PBA and IUPA have abstained from any endorsements in this race.

Unregistered
    PBA and IUPA have abstained from any endorsements in this race.
    WEAK! Nelson has always been good to the Police Unions and has a history with them unlike all the other candidates. No excuse for the PBA either if they chose not to back him.

Unregistered
    The retirement age was raised years ago from 25 to 30 years Where you been? Put down the crack pipe and educate yourself.

Unregistered
    The retirement age was raised years ago from 25 to 30 years Where you been? Put down the crack pipe and educate yourself.
    Yes it was sir, under the Rick Scott administration ! And we are stupid enough to support a jerk like him against a guy like Nelson that has always, and I mean always been good to the police unions?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast