The world's upside down
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

The world's upside down

Well, before I get started, let me say that some of you newbies will comment and say stupid sht that you don't have a clue about. So, with that being said, you FNG's are not allowed to comment....understand? Now, this boy king , or man child as he's known in the south, is probably one of the most unqualified persons that could have been selected to "manage" our agency. He's a Ric Scott appointee, as pointed out by the Miami Herald, and was placed there to do Ricky's dirty work for his campaign for congress. Google Miami Herald story on Ricky putting all of these unqualified young lawyers in positions of authority because they are his "foot soldiers". The DOR has it worse than we do. Anyway, it's very sad that this middle schooler has gotten away with the things he's done, since he was appointed. If you have to travel to every office in the State and make seating arrangements, when your the top boss, you don't know what the heck you are doing and you don't know how to perform your job. In a private business, he would have been terminated for pissing away the company's money and resources. There are so many things wrong with our leadership that attempting to talk about them makes you loose your frickin' mind. Common sense is a fantasy, even in a republican world. Educated persons are total dipshts, especially lawyers. Chiefs think we are a first responder agency and want you to work Christmas Eve, to make sure Santa Clause isn't stuffing the kiddies' stockings with cigarettes and beer. Anyway, enough of that crap. We could write a book on deficiencies with management's and their alien abductions. When leaders demand your hour for hour accountability, then you have lost their confidence. And, in some cases, that is entirely true. Instead of dealing with this on an individual basis, they make everybody suffer. Again, inexperienced leadership. (Yes, I'm talking about you, man child). So, this hourly DAS and activating your GPS on your phone and the constant threat of "catching you" in a "lie" on paper is the wrong approach. They want to blame it on the IG's auditor. Well, that's BS! We need a leader that will stand up to the IG Auditor and tell them to back off. Other agencies don't do the crap we have to. Leadership can prove to the auditor that we do our job and there are simple reports to run on Crystal that reflect the numbers and that we are doing our jobs. Granted, there are a few of you turds out there that are always looking to take an UBER instead of walking two blocks, but we know who you are. Look, history has repeated itself, time and again. A Republican governor has always been bad for all State employees, especially law enforcement. They listen to the tea party and all they want to do is cut, cut, cut. Do more with less. Remember, Ricky took away our 3.5 percent. We had a contract and he violated that. The PBA didn't man up and speak for us. Ricky could've made it apply for all new comers and grandfathered the current LEO's. We dang sure didn't sign up for the money; we signed up for the long term benefits. But, he didn't care. Then, he took away 1 Billion dollars from the teachers, all in the tea party's interest. The two necessities that every society need to function and grow: cops and teachers. And, he attacked both. Then, when he decided to run for congress, 4 years ago, he "increased" the teachers' budget by 1 Billion dollars and "gave" LEO raises, which put us right back where we were when he first took office. He's just buying votes, people. He really doesn't give a crap about you. He craves power! Damn, I'm mad. Anyway, this latest fiasco, and lack of manliness, from our Director and Chief brings up my next topic: Get ready..........Vote Democrat for Governor!! Yeah, I know...crazy, right? I mean, Gillum wants to take away our guns, make hamburger flippers $15 hour employees and make FL a sanctuary State. I get it! But, history shows that a Demorat governor has always been State employee friendly, especially toward law enforcement. He may try to do this crazy things, but our legislature won't let him. There is NO WAY we will loose our guns or be a sanctuary State. Get over that, right now. It goes against everything in me to vote for a demorat, for ANYTHING! However, I truly think I would vote for the devil himself if I thought it would make us a better, more efficient, agency. It is no longer fun to come to work. The passion is gone. The treating adults as children is too much. We cannot continue on this course. Some people thought another "Vote of no confidence" against the Director would work, like it did years ago with Hoagland. Well, it won't. Not with Rick Scott in charge. He loves the man child and loves lawyers. We, eventually, will need the assistance of our legislatures to reorganize our agency and break away from DBPR and the idiot politicians/players that are Governor appointees. We are better than that! Geez us christ...I have lost my train of thought and probably my mind. We need to come together and get a viable plan to present to the Florida legislature and get us back on track to efficiency, productivity and common sense, instead of this beat down. Many agents are going to shut down and play the game against these patients that are running the asylum. They don't get cops and they certainly don't want to get in a pissing match with them! OK, you old farts that are butt lickers, you can start criticizing, but you FNG's keep your mouths SHUT! Stand together! Or, get the F outta here!

Unregistered
    Dilly Dilly!

I would like to take a counterpoint position but can't. There are good people here. It's unfortunate we can't do good things.

Unregistered
    Someone said it best on another thread: Man-child has Napoleon Complex. One Chief thinks he is still running a community services unit and that we are a first response agency. The other Chief thinks we are the DEA and need to do more "meaningful" investigations. All clowns. All clueless. Newsflash to "Choice #3" as they call him... enough of the "Yay, rah, rah", "lets all hold hands and chant Kumbaya" BS. We aren't buying it and you came to the wrong agency for it.

Why does it seem that every magician who comes here feels they need to put their "stamp" on it and make things all better? This place will steer itself if you leave it the hell alone! It lasted 70 or 80 years before you bestowed your wisdom on us! Many of us were here long before you got here and will be long after you are gone... which won't be soon enough!

Unregistered
    Ok someone needs to explain to me this traveling to the offices and assigning seats. I have heard it more than once but haven’t heard the actual story. Please elaborate on this one.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Dilly Dilly!

I would like to take a counterpoint position but can't. There are good people here. It's unfortunate we can't do good things.
    Dilly Dilly!

Unregistered
    Someone said it best on another thread: Man-child has Napoleon Complex. One Chief thinks he is still running a community services unit and that we are a first response agency. The other Chief thinks we are the DEA and need to do more "meaningful" investigations. All clowns. All clueless. Newsflash to "Choice #3" as they call him... enough of the "Yay, rah, rah", "lets all hold hands and chant Kumbaya" BS. We aren't buying it and you came to the wrong agency for it.

Why does it seem that every magician who comes here feels they need to put their "stamp" on it and make things all better? This place will steer itself if you leave it the hell alone! It lasted 70 or 80 years before you bestowed your wisdom on us! Many of us were here long before you got here and will be long after you are gone... which won't be soon enough!
    Couldn't have said it, any better. These guys come in and are clueless as to how we operate, why we operate and how long we have been here. They think they are going to "save our souls" because we are too stupid to do our job without their wisdom and guidance. I'm so tired of their idiocy!

Unregistered

Yep, they are delusional, on arrival. They implement very restrictive policies and send out threatening directives. Their actions will reflect back on them because they have hindered the agents' and inspectors' productivity, which will go down. Guys in our office are saying that they will shut down on actual cases and spend their time writing very detailed notes about going to the bathroom. Hour for hour? Really? We are not children! Now we have to pull over on the side of the road and take copious notes on ourselves, for fear of getting caught in a lie! Shame on you Chiefs, shame on you Napoleon, Shame on you Janet. You guys are pawns and butt kissers to your bosses. No balls to stand up to your boss and saying, "hey, let's rethink this". We were not broken before you came! Leave us the Hell alone!!!

Unregistered
    The issue, if there really is one unique to ABT, is you don't have to be "one of the team" to be "on the team" By that I mean you can literally be dropped in here and told to manage but you have no idea how different this place is. Can you imagine the pandemonium that would rain down on FHP if they adopted our staffing processes? The Governor would fire 300 career politicians if the new Troop H Captain was hired from the outside. Such nonsense has become the norm here. Things will certainly change. All change isn't for the better.

Unregistered
    Agreed but when no one internally applies it’s common sense we’ll end up with an outside captain. Worst thing they did was change it to ses because I can’t think of many LTs that would want to apply to captain

Unregistered
    Agreed but when no one internally applies it’s common sense we’ll end up with an outside captain. Worst thing they did was change it to ses because I can’t think of many LTs that would want to apply to captain
    It is the sole responsibility of the leadership of this agency to create and mentor and incentivize a culture of promotion from within. To do anything less is to foster mediocrity.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast