Tommy says Contracts great vote "YES" - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Maybe you should read the question all they asked was what’s the rule if 64. Not about seventy or anything else. You sound like a bitter employee like Leo Tapeness or any of the many others that don’t understand pension and signed out.
    Why say 64? Might as well as say 40 points. It’s 70.
    I’m okay if it’s 70. I do this job because I like it. Could care less how long it takes me to retire

Unregistered
    Fire is at 68 and afscme is at 70. 64 points is in this proposal. I think we are 70 points now

Unregistered
    It’s rule of SEVENTY with a three point multiplier across on years as of now. That’s what happens when you vote no. But, who cares right?

I want my 64 points and a 3.5 multiplier after 15 years. That’s why I’m voting yes. This isn’t a game.

Ok but then you retired with a crappy pension. 95% of the people here will do over 25 years so who cares about the rule of 64.

Unregistered
    It’s one way to figure eligibility to retire. The pension board uses a formula using date of hire and date of birth to be exact. The simple way to approximate is by subtract your starting age from the points in use. Example 64 points minus starting age of 22 would leave 42. Then divide that number 42 by 2 and the remaining number 22 is the minimum number of years you must work.

So I can leave after 22 years. Oh wait.... that’s less than 70% of what I’m making. I can’t survive with 70% of my base salary. I guess I have to work a couple of more years so who cares about the rule of 64

Unregistered
    Reyes are you really telling people to vote yes for this crap?? Please make sure people understand the rule of 64 and that no officer has ever retired with 120K pension. They are playing games with us. I thought the teletubbies were starting a revolution. Now you tell people that you will vote yes because you told Ortiz?? Wow.... very disappointed

Unregistered
    We didn’t show the City crap. Why do you keep taking about the rule of 64. You know you will work past your 64 points because if you leave your pension will be crap. This is the dumbest thing I heard. Lord have mercy

Unregistered
    Thank you 🌈

Unregistered
    I'm voting yes, if we don't we are in big trouble the city will imposed and we won't get anything , why you think rescue took the deal but we are so stupid that don't realized that we are just a number here and we are replaceable , the city could imposed and dragged this for a year and come back with something worst and then what are you going to do when they freeze all step raises , promotions , hirings , we are the only ones that can realized what's going on. If you have an issued with the captain that's a different story but don't be confused could we do better and do we deserved better ,yes we do, but let's be realistic we work in the city of Miami .

Unregistered
    Vote no
    And let’s get rid of Ortiz and Lugo

Unregistered
    Vote no
    And let’s get rid of Ortiz and Lugo
    Hopefully you will never be call to IA but if you do you will want Ortiz on your side , he's very smart knows the system and is feared there, why you think no one can touch him.
    The contract could be better of course but then again every contract can always be better , you have to understand the city gave you the job when you were unemployed and desperate, they can imposed and freeze everything for a year it has happened in the past my young and ignorant rookie and then they can come back with a horrible contract and you will be so desperate that you will take it , the fire department is always smarter that us they know not to pulled the chain to hard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast