Speeding on 200 in Ocala

Unregistered

Speeding on 200 in Ocala

Where are the FHP units on 200 west of I-75 in Ocala. Drivers are running rampant, speeding, driving aggressively, running red lights.I have been here 7 months and have not seen a driver 10-50 by Marion County Sheriff or FHP. The drivers know this and drive like hell.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Where are the FHP units on 200 west of I-75 in Ocala. Drivers are running rampant, speeding, driving aggressively, running red lights.I have been here 7 months and have not seen a driver 10-50 by Marion County Sheriff or FHP. The drivers know this and drive like hell.
    Please explain how the drivers know what you have seen.

Unregistered
    I hope that you are not a cop. And if you aspire to be, don't do it. Your lack of basic investigative skills is shown by the fact that post on this forum, but have not taken the time to dig through posts to realize that FHP has a SEVERE staffing problem statewide. As soon as troopers leave, there aren't enough to replace them. Call times and proactive patrols have, and will, continue to suffer. And as far as Marion County SO, they may possibly be going through the same ordeal. If you are that truly concerned by the dangerous driving practices witnessed, file a complaint with MCSO or FHP and it may hopefully be addressed at a later time, but no promises.

Unregistered
    As mentioned earlier, Marion FHP is short staffed. They are authorized 17 Trooper positions but currently only 11 are filled. When you have 24/7 coverage with only 11 people in a very large and populated place you aren't going to have any time for enforcement.

Unregistered
    Mr Concerned Citizen,
    Your concern for the safety of your fellow motorists is commendable and well noted. If this continues to keep you worried for your life there are several things you can do to be proactive and help. One is you can contact your state politicians and express concern. They are the ones who keep talking about keeping the highways safe but then run and hide when it's time to write that check. The voters don't want to pay anything either. No state income tax. They want to retire on a golf course and expect services but nobody wants to pay a cent for it. The other thing you can do is download the app for your phone that makes people drive the speed limit. It works really well, but if you use it, it will limit the speed of ALL cars, including yours.

Unregistered

Please Help Us

If your upset about citizens speeding GTF out of the way. The speed limit is low enough as it is. People have places to be. My sincere apologies that you once received a ticket when FHP required 2 an hour. We are in severe shortage and don’t have time for traffic because people keep crashing because they are so busy looking at all the people speeding around them or posting stuff to LEO affairs while they are driving so they crash. Be sure to submit you app at beatrooper.com to help us out. We would greatly appreciate it.

Unregistered
    If your upset about citizens speeding GTF out of the way. The speed limit is low enough as it is. People have places to be. My sincere apologies that you once received a ticket when FHP required 2 an hour. We are in severe shortage and don’t have time for traffic because people keep crashing because they are so busy looking at all the people speeding around them or posting stuff to LEO affairs while they are driving so they crash. Be sure to submit you app at beatrooper.com to help us out. We would greatly appreciate it.

www.wackenhut.com\careers