Florida Amendment 10 - vote YES to get a Sheriff election - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    No matter how much the PBA wants it and Nanney wants it I am voting NO. I suggest we do not make the same mistake of voting with our emotion and jealousy. That’s what got us Rick Scott, Himenez with strong mayor.

Also once we separate from County, our accrued time and benefits go with it. We will be stuck in litigation trying to get it back and the PBA won’t have the power to fight for us.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    No matter how much the PBA wants it and Nanney wants it I am voting NO. I suggest we do not make the same mistake of voting with our emotion and jealousy. That’s what got us Rick Scott, Himenez with strong mayor.

Also once we separate from County, our accrued time and benefits go with it. We will be stuck in litigation trying to get it back and the PBA won’t have the power to fight for us.
    This entire paragraph can best be described as Caca de Toro!

Unregistered

You’re right the PBA won’t have power but they don’t now. As for your benefits and pension that remains unchanged.

Lastly Remember the entire state votes. Not just the county. It will pass. Strap yourself in

Unregistered
    That’s a very good point. Do you think the PBA has someone to speak to the issue of the time payout and at will employment. I have 15 years to go before I reach 30 then drop. I spoke to a FOP guy and he said that the county can sever from the current employment agreement and time. This is a HUGE issue for all of us.

Unregistered
    That’s a very good point. Do you think the PBA has someone to speak to the issue of the time payout and at will employment. I have 15 years to go before I reach 30 then drop. I spoke to a FOP guy and he said that the county can sever from the current employment agreement and time. This is a HUGE issue for all of us.
    Amendment 10 is a Statewide question and even with Gimenez and his ilk ardently opposing it, it may pass. Fear not; read the below cited Section and then make your own critical analysis. Assistant Directors, Division Chiefs, Majors, and all APPOINTED personnel might be demoted to their highest civil services classification and replaced with personnel that share the newly appointed Sheriff's vision and are committed to its effective implementation. That is no different than what has historically been done under the appointed police director.

FSS 30.078 Continuation of appointment after a change in sheriff. http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/.../0030.078.html

Unregistered
    For starters you do know we don’t have a contract now correct? We have been working without a contract for the past 12 months going on 1 year and one month.

Unregistered
    Seriously. Don’t get sarcastic please. This is too serious for that. Our bargaining contract has no weight here. This is the County severing public safety off the books. That means the sheriff budget has to be asked for. This is the problem that all sheriffs run into. They have to politic for their budget which is controlled by local government. This will also have to cover corrections.

The fact I didn’t pay attention to this even happening is on me but we really need the PBA to educate us on this. Maybe one of those info mails. Maybe take a day off and go to the next meeting and ask. I don’t know but we need some real solid answers before we vote.

Unregistered
    Seriously. Don’t get sarcastic please. This is too serious for that. Our bargaining contract has no weight here. This is the County severing public safety off the books. That means the sheriff budget has to be asked for. This is the problem that all sheriffs run into. They have to politic for their budget which is controlled by local government. This will also have to cover corrections.

The fact I didn’t pay attention to this even happening is on me but we really need the PBA to educate us on this. Maybe one of those info mails. Maybe take a day off and go to the next meeting and ask. I don’t know but we need some real solid answers before we vote.
    Oh you of little faith! Open the below links; first read Section 30.49 -- Budgets, for this Section is the difference between the powers of the elected and what MDPD now gets, being a mayor's subservient department. The current crop of politicos now seating on the Board of County Commissioners nor future ones will have the political courage to challenge a Sheriff's soundly justified budget, lest the Sheriff has them summoned to appear before the Governor's Administration Commission to explain why the oppose funding public safety.

When it comes to a matter of such serious nature, as this one surely is, as it concerns careers, the best practice is to educate yourselves regarding Florida Statute, Chapter 30 -- SHERIFFS

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/...s/0030.49.html

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/...3EChapter%2030

Unregistered
    Oh you of little faith! Open the below links; first read Section 30.49 -- Budgets, for this Section is the difference between the powers of the elected and what MDPD now gets, being a mayor's subservient department. The current crop of politicos now [sitting] on the Board of County Commissioners nor future ones will have the political courage to challenge a Sheriff's soundly justified budget, lest the Sheriff has them summoned to appear before the Governor's Administration Commission to explain why the oppose funding public safety.

When it comes to a matter of such serious nature, as this one surely is, as it concerns careers, the best practice is to educate yourselves regarding Florida Statute, Chapter 30 -- SHERIFFS

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/...s/0030.49.html

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/...3EChapter%2030
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Original Poster's editing.

Unregistered

NO on Amendment 10

Ok so the Florida Sherries and I meant to spell it that way need to get the hell off this forum. Just because chiefs of police make fun of you and you want to have some power doesn’t mean we have to follow in your little pathetic power grasp. I my family and all my friends are going to champion Voting NO! We are not Broward and all the other crap little counties. We are the good ole Metro Dade Police Department operating in current times and demands. Cya.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast