Florida Amendment 10 - vote YES to get a Sheriff election - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Here is my crystal ball: http://forums.leoaffairs.com/forumdi...eriff-s-Office
    Broward is the perfect example of our future. How many officers are posting about how wonderful life is with Israel? Zero!

Financially speaking, there are three possible outcomes with our new elected sheriff and MDPD:
    1. New sheriff explodes the budget, gets ousted as an inefficient administrator just like Carlos Alvarez. Outcome: RECALL
    2. New sheriff makes minimal changes to the budget, and must go on record that Gimenez & JP were good financial administrators and ran a tight ship. Outcome: RATED MEDIOCRE AT BEST and is likely to be challenged at next election.
    3. New sheriff slashes the budget, is seen as a no-nonsense administrator who makes the prior administration seem wasteful and inefficient. Btw, this is what Gimenez did. Outcome: LIKELY TO BE RE-ELECTED.

If you were the new sheriff, what would you do?
    I’d vote for myself regardless

Unregistered
    Here is my crystal ball: http://forums.leoaffairs.com/forumdi...eriff-s-Office
    Broward is the perfect example of our future. How many officers are posting about how wonderful life is with Israel? Zero!

If you were the new sheriff, what would you do?
    Under the authority granted Sheriffs, pursuant to FSS 30.49 Budgets, I would submit to the County Commission, the Sheriff Office's Budget consistent with the intent, letter and spirit of the cited Section. The budget would emphasize adequate staffing, both sworn and civilians, as people is the engine that moves an organization. Technology and supportive matériel, would be requested so as to support personnel; not supplant it.

The Sheriff Office would be structured under three branches, Police, Fire and Corrections; each led by a departmental director or chief, similar to how the County currently operates. Except, the police department director or chief would serve as the Sheriff's Office appointed First Deputy. Wherever we can consolidate functions, we will. For instance, The Professional Compliance Bureau would expand to a Division, serving all three departments and staffed with investigative personnel versed in the respective disciplines. Additionally, "The Public Integrity Division, (PID)" will contain entities that will focus on Staff Inspection, to ensure policy compliance, as well as accreditation, consistent with the departments' respective disciplines. And yes, most importantly, (PID) will house a robust public corruption command; one that will work closely with the FBI and the United States Attorney’s Office. Training too will be consolidated under one Divisional Command and imparted according to the respective departments' missions. Administratively, we will consolidate, in as much as it advances efficacy and where not, each department will operate independently until such time when the Sheriff Office must coalesce and submit its budget proposal to the County Commission.

The Departments' mission will change little if at all, unless parts thereof are broken or functioning ineffectively. Individual departmental changes, if any, will occur after a thorough examination and consideration of recommended staff and or subject matter experts’ alternatives. Change for the sake of change will not happen. Except at the Police Department, where a new operational philosophy will be implemented. Out will be the historic supervisory demands for "productivity." Police officers are not factory workers who must meet a monthly quota, and arrests and citations are not metrics for evaluating performance. The new paradigm will demand safe, prompt and effective response to calls for service, and once on the scenes, diligent preliminary investigations that should yield ample solvability factors; which in turn will facilitate case closures by arrests, and ultimately convictions.

Not because FDLE annually fines MDPD for its “brown gown;” that’s urban legend. But would most like to go Green? Our Badge, however, will remain the same! I know this is cursory, but it is a starting framework. I urge readers to check FSS Chapter 30 and learn about the Sheriff’s role as one of Florida’s Constitutional Officers. Knowledge is power, power you can wield against dissemblers who will do or say anything to stop this, decades’ overdue Florida Constitutional change.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/...3EChapter%2030

Unregistered
    Post Script: The above posting is not a self-serving platform. I ran my race; I kept my faith, now all I wish for is to enter my Father's House Justified. I have faith in the new generation, those not yet forty, who are highly educated and experienced in their respective, Sheriff applicable disciplines, like the Law. This is a once in a life time opportunity for those committed to serving our County and fellow Dade Countians. It is not a free ride for ethically challenge people like Hialeah's mayor. Dade County voters can see right through their facade.

Unregistered
    Thank you for posting your respectful, eloquent, well thought out reply. I look forward to seeing more of your posts in the future. Signed, the holder of the crystal ball.

Unregistered

Hell No!

****This is why JP and his crew have been destroying the department. Body Cameras, use of force restrictions, no proactive units, toothless SRT and promotions that just make you shake your head.

JP has been running for the elected sheriff since he realized the idea was coming, so Vote yes and get JP and the failed policies of the past few years for a long long time. Or vote no and he has to leave when his drop is over and a new mayor can hopefully place a director that cares more about us and the citizens than he does about staying in office
    JP sheriff pls he can dance all he wants but when the election time comes we got his medicine. To dirty to run like many are hence trying to have their IA files cleaned up wiped out if not done yet.

JP sheriff is like letting Fidel Castro attempting to become a priest.

Vote yes and let’s end the Dade County Corruption once and for all!

Unregistered
    You try and feed bad information all you want. It’s simple. A sheriff has to campaign, which means making promises to the community that don’t like us anyways. A politician which we will be stuck with for years. A politician who’s career depends on selling us out for office is not what I want. Easy choice. No politician sheriff. I stay with the structure we have now because everyone has to retire eventually.

Unregistered
    You try and feed bad information all you want. It’s simple. A sheriff has to campaign, which means making promises to the community that don’t like us anyways. A politician which we will be stuck with for years. A politician who’s career depends on selling us out for office is not what I want. Easy choice. No politician sheriff. I stay with the structure we have now because everyone has to retire eventually.

ANd you do that sheep, keep following the rest. Don’t complain though.

Unregistered
    JP sheriff pls he can dance all he wants but when the election time comes we got his medicine. To dirty to run like many are hence trying to have their IA files cleaned up wiped out if not done yet.

You are either an idiot or a flaming idiot void of any historical knowledge of Miami.
    Dade County, as it was call then, went to a "Home Rule" in order to counter the corruption of the elected sheriff at the time and appoint a professional law man in E Wilson Purdy.
    The County Commission is elected by us to represent us and they appoint the "Director" the "Sheriff" will also be elected by us, but will have no oversight and be autonomous. You decide.
    What is old is new again and the cycle repeats.

Unregistered
    You are either an idiot or a flaming idiot void of any historical knowledge of Miami.
    Dade County, as it was call then, went to a "Home Rule" in order to counter the corruption of the elected sheriff at the time and appoint a professional law man in E Wilson Purdy.
    The County Commission is elected by us to represent us and they appoint the "Director" the "Sheriff" will also be elected by us, but will have no oversight and be autonomous. You decide.
    What is old is new again and the cycle repeats.
    Listen moron, Purdy is long dead and he has not taken anything from me. Meanwhile, the strong mayor format that most fools like you voted for have brought us nothing but theft and outright fraud by an unethical and criminal mayor. You talk about corruption? Is this pendejo Juan Pinga Perez not the most corrupt POS we have had in the last 40 years?. Is obstructing investigations, utilizing PCB to go after his enemies, stealing overtime and approving every left wing hare brained idea such as body cameras, decriminaliing marihuana and dancing hip hop style like a common hoodlum not enough to convince you to vote YES on ammendment 10? Vote any way you want moron but the ammendment will pass and though it’s too late to derail the Gimenez-JP train at least we will prevent future criminal back climbers such as Freddy Ramirez from destroying our department.

Unregistered

Your next mayor could
    Be worst than Gimenez so vote yes for sheriff. Only one politician to deal with

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567