Celebration of Pussies - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Unregistered
    God forbid people dedicate themselves to a profession. There is a happy medium between flat topped super cop and a coward. I'm relatively new but I've done okay on the road and identified which "old guys" were worth listening to and which were retired on duty. My takeaway was that the best cops are more than capable of changing gears and changing their approach to citizens, because at the end of the day thats why we are here.

That's why im here anyway. Im here because im the best person for the job and there is no one more professional in dealing with the community, and shielding them from the refuse surrounding them. If it means going all in when its life or death, I'm fine with that. In the mean time im dedicated to the job, the community and most importantly my teammates.

I dont understand the thought process associated with dragging your deet to a hot call and letting my teammates walk into an unknown by themselves. I'm with you there.

Unregistered
    This is no a laziness matter but a backup matter. Will the brass back you up if you stick your neck out and perform actual police work or does it play politics to protect the political career of the sheriff? Will the brass back you up if you take initiative and are pro-active? If you go beyond and above the call of duty? Is it worth endangering a career, pension and benefits if the brass and the sheriff play politics rather than back up its deputies?

Unfortunately this has become a politics driven agency rather than a law enforcement one. Everyone knows it, especially the top brass and they act accordingly. As for deputies, you are expendable if it suits the politics. Go ahead and stick your neck out at your own risk but don't be surprised if it gets jerked back or worse, chopped off.

Unregistered
    I would contend that good leaders do back their guys. Generally those deputies are hard workers that made hussle mistakes. Obviously there are scumbag leaders, so bid to work away from them. Dont apply to a specialized unit that they manage. Worked fine for me.

Unregistered
    Hey super deputies. Remember this, this place will chew you up and spit you out. Your chain of command will come to you smiles and stab you in the back at same time. There is no loyalty here, except going upwards to chain of command. My advice, go get a hobby and spend a lot time with your family. Five years after you retire or get fired from here, you will be a distant memory. I’ve watch you super deputies throughout the years come and go. Most are forced to leave. When the end comes, it isn’t pretty. So, go get a life.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hey super deputies. Remember this, this place will chew you up and spit you out. Your chain of command will come to you smiles and stab you in the back at same time. There is no loyalty here, except going upwards to chain of command. My advice, go get a hobby and spend a lot time with your family. Five years after you retire or get fired from here, you will be a distant memory. I’ve watch you super deputies throughout the years come and go. Most are forced to leave. When the end comes, it isn’t pretty. So, go get a life.
    Hmm. I’ve watched all kinds get the axe. Some were workers, some were lazy. You can be a strong worker and avoid problems when you work smart. I saw the NDS Ref Box group get fired. Kevin Bennett would have been fired if hadn’t left. But Sgt Metro and three deputies paid the price. They all were a cancer. Then there was Matt Ware and his years of stupidity. He’s gone. I’m stumped why Rob Richardson and Claudio Dimundo are still getting a paycheck, they did worse than the people above. But what I would like to see is an example of one deputy who was fired for doing their job. Just one. Plenty have been shown the door for not doing their job. I’d like to hear about the one who was fired for doing it. I’ll wait. Oh and no Rice examples, he actually did fire some guys for doing exactly what they are told to do. So there.

Unregistered
    Hmm. I’ve watched all kinds get the axe. Some were workers, some were lazy. You can be a strong worker and avoid problems when you work smart. I saw the NDS Ref Box group get fired. Kevin Bennett would have been fired if hadn’t left. But Sgt Metro and three deputies paid the price. They all were a cancer. Then there was Matt Ware and his years of stupidity. He’s gone. I’m stumped why Rob Richardson and Claudio Dimundo are still getting a paycheck, they did worse than the people above. But what I would like to see is an example of one deputy who was fired for doing their job. Just one. Plenty have been shown the door for not doing their job. I’d like to hear about the one who was fired for doing it. I’ll wait. Oh and no Rice examples, he actually did fire some guys for doing exactly what they are told to do. So there.
    If you dig a little you will find that political connections trump everything, hard worker or lazy slug.

Unregistered
    NDS 4 were suppose to only get five days off. That was the agreement with Major Morris. When Bob found out that they were Rice supporters everything changed. IA showed up at their houses unexpectedly, and fired them on the spot. Took their patrol vehicles and uniforms at their house. I personally think Kenny B is a piece of sh*t, but their firings were politically motivated. As for Richardson and Claudio, they are still well liked. But if they continue to screw up, eventually they get tired of your sh*t and kick you to the curb. As for lazy deputies, explain the ones that get promoted. We all know who they are. Yes, they are connected to family and friends at the agency. If you are a hard worker with no connections, you will be pushing a green and white for a long time, because you are the stat guy. Every supervisor loves a guy that produces for them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123