Lol - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lol

Doodee troopee

Doupee troupee pumpkin poopee

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So what, it's just a DUI. Not like he joined ISIS or some shit. Shit, you need to hit the sauce a bit to put up with the shit we put up with. More than a few of us take a sip on duty, as long as you're a good driver so what? If you got rid of everyone who takes some moderate friendly drinks, there would be less than ten cops left. But it's OK to run Davids on women and stalk them or show up at their houses demanding sex? Nobody seems too worried about that kind of crap.
    Yes it ok to run people david looking for date me do it all the time and me play with pecker in bush fight me betch!

Unregistered
    Welcome to Florida. Many of Florida's county sheriff departments do not have any civil service protection, so the deputies do not get due process for job protection. However, larger police departments usually have contractual union protections that provide due process.

Florida Deputy Sheriffs have the same protection as Troopers. That law changed several years ago. Florida Deputy Sheriffs are bound under Career Service Act. The rank of Lieutenant and above are subject to non reappointment if a new Constitutional Officer ieeee."Sheriff" chooses not to. The rank of Sergeant and below are protected. Each county may choose to have a contractual backing if voted in by the deputies of each county. The Sheriff still is the Chief Law Enforcement Officer of each of the 67 counties but the deputies now have due process. Hope this helps.

Unregistered
    Oh and The Office of the Sheriff is referred to as the Sheriff's Office. FHP is not referred to as Div of Driver's license DHSMV. Same concept.

Unregistered
    Oh and The Office of the Sheriff is referred to as the Sheriff's Office. FHP is not referred to as Div of Driver's license DHSMV. Same concept.
    That makes no sense at all. What are you smoking?

Unregistered
    Florida Deputy Sheriffs have the same protection as Troopers. That law changed several years ago. Florida Deputy Sheriffs are bound under Career Service Act. The rank of Lieutenant and above are subject to non reappointment if a new Constitutional Officer ieeee."Sheriff" chooses not to. The rank of Sergeant and below are protected. Each county may choose to have a contractual backing if voted in by the deputies of each county. The Sheriff still is the Chief Law Enforcement Officer of each of the 67 counties but the deputies now have due process. Hope this helps.

I think he protections are in Chaper 30.
    http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/...3EChapter%2030

We know they have all the money and clout, but still don’t see Chief law enforcement officer mentioned anywhere.

Unregistered
    I think he protections are in Chaper 30.
    http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/...3EChapter%2030

We know they have all the money and clout, but still don’t see Chief law enforcement officer mentioned anywhere.
    Because it's not there. I agree, the sheriff has a lot of clout and the patrol won't back you when you go uo against one but there's nothing in the constitution that prohibits a state police if it was ever decided to create one. Won't happen in my lifetime but there's plenty of violent crime to go around for all. Funny how the sheriff's association screams every time consolidation is mentioned.

Unregistered
    Because it's not there. I agree, the sheriff has a lot of clout and the patrol won't back you when you go uo against one but there's nothing in the constitution that prohibits a state police if it was ever decided to create one. Won't happen in my lifetime but there's plenty of violent crime to go around for all. Funny how the sheriff's association screams every time consolidation is mentioned.
    Sheriff’s are simply elected constitutional county officers, like tax collectors, property appraisers, supervisor of elections, and clerk of court.

I suppose you can call them:

Chief Tax Collector for the county
    Chief Supervisor of Elections of the county
    Chief Property Appraiser of the county
    Chief Clerk of the county
    Chief Sheriff of the county

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12