Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Unregistered
    I retired with 110k as an officer

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I retired with 110k as an officer
    After 39 years here...

Unregistered
    With a 4567b with a decent contribution + 7 year Drop Acct + pension @ 75% + 1% fund you will retire with over a million dollars when you leave as an officer.

Sgt. Shultz

El Maja

Papo,
    Between the pension and all the scamming possibilities,
    I retired a very rich man. Oh, and all those freebie coffees and lunches, Papo, thats over 250K I saved!!!

Unregistered
    Papo, I hear stories all the time from retired po's how they retire with a million 😂 is like talking to a Cuban at Sedanos, who is a bag boy here, but was a Doctor in Cuba. Dale!!!
    It’s possible with 7 years of DROP and maxed out in deferred comp I sure live comfortable without working

Unregistered
    The secret is to pay your house off first, then you are on easy street.

Unregistered
    With a 4567b with a decent contribution + 7 year Drop Acct + pension @ 75% + 1% fund you will retire with over a million dollars when you leave as an officer.
    No you won't , first, is all a numbers game , this is not the place to talk numbers but in theory is possible but the reality is far from the truth , to get that number you will have to do 24 years plus 7 year drop is 31 years total,then you add that to however old you were when you stared , plus doing 31 years in this job I guarantee you that you won't leave without any mentally or physical scar ,that, if you make it that far . The contribution that you talk about is nothing more than a glorified savings account ,granted is good but is your money ,you pay taxes at the end ,nobody escapes uncle Sam. The reality is that the average drop is three years only ,people retired with 60 to 70 percent and with average or poor health ,heart blood pressure just to name one among many others without including mental illness , you don't do this for 30 years and walk out totally fine .nobody tells you the whole truth ,ask them to show you the papers and what doctor they see ,don't get me wrong ,I just hate lying or half truth ,I think is the least we could tell the new guys .(except staff they are at a different bracket )

Unregistered
    Anybody with a plan can retire and never work again. It’s those that need to keep up with the Kardashians that spend it all in the moment. Left here with just over 2 million and it keeps growing, live within your means and don’t spend like a sailor on Saturday night. These simple steps and you can leave here with some change in the bank.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123