Do your job???

Thread: Do your job???

Unregistered

Do your job???

I live in Largo, have several of you as friends. I also have the utmost respect for LEO-s. Lately it seems many of you are just driving around like zombies, totally forgetting some of the basics.

Relocating a high as f—k crackhead from 686 and 19 over to 150th and 62nd Street so he can run around trying to carjack people. Marchamn Act, Baker Act? Something, anything instead of just relocating the problem?

Crash with injuries on Belcher between 688 and 686. Girl driving one of the cars reeks of weed. LPD shows up and the girls is just standing by on the sidewalk. Guessing no search, no arrest etc. Easier to just ignore the smell after medics tell you about it I guess.

Very visible crash with lane blockage and citizens directing traffic on 686. Not one, but 2 LPD cruisers slowly work their way through the crash and mosey on to other low priority calls. Seriously? If Joe Citizen gets run over while you guys are on video driving by, guess what? No pay raises or new toys cause the family will own half the city in civil court.

Car loses control on Highland just about an hour ago. Front axle snaps, cars blocking southbound lane. Traffic has to move to the other lane. Lady stands there as a cruiser drives by. No stopping, no turning on the overheads, helping traffic by. Nothing! What the everloving f—-k!

The job ain’t that hard. Tell dispatch you’re still enroute to your BS call but you’ll be out with whatever for a minute. Call for another unit, let them take your BS call, check on the people for 2 minutes. Do your job, just the basics.......

Unregistered

Truth hurts?

Not ansingle response but 60 views? The truth stings a bit huh?

Unregistered
    Clearly "FD" you have no idea what our response levels are or how we have to prioritize calls. We highly respect you guys and would do anything to assist you, but posts like this trying to draw us apart are unacceptable. There are many cases in which we are dispatched to higher priority calls in which lights and sirens are not authorized and sometimes yes, we do have to pass by lower priority incidents. I respect what you do but please do not judge what you do not know.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I live in Largo, have several of you as friends. I also have the utmost respect for LEO-s. Lately it seems many of you are just driving around like zombies, totally forgetting some of the basics.

Relocating a high as f—k crackhead from 686 and 19 over to 150th and 62nd Street so he can run around trying to carjack people. Marchamn Act, Baker Act? Something, anything instead of just relocating the problem?

Crash with injuries on Belcher between 688 and 686. Girl driving one of the cars reeks of weed. LPD shows up and the girls is just standing by on the sidewalk. Guessing no search, no arrest etc. Easier to just ignore the smell after medics tell you about it I guess.

Very visible crash with lane blockage and citizens directing traffic on 686. Not one, but 2 LPD cruisers slowly work their way through the crash and mosey on to other low priority calls. Seriously? If Joe Citizen gets run over while you guys are on video driving by, guess what? No pay raises or new toys cause the family will own half the city in civil court.

Car loses control on Highland just about an hour ago. Front axle snaps, cars blocking southbound lane. Traffic has to move to the other lane. Lady stands there as a cruiser drives by. No stopping, no turning on the overheads, helping traffic by. Nothing! What the everloving f—-k!

The job ain’t that hard. Tell dispatch you’re still enroute to your BS call but you’ll be out with whatever for a minute. Call for another unit, let them take your BS call, check on the people for 2 minutes. Do your job, just the basics.......
    So the weed thing, we have been informed that it basically is decriminalized and we are doing nothing about it. Yes sometimes we have a higher priority to handle and need to pass little things. However, our problem is the leadership and who they select to train these new Officers. These new Officers are trained to be lazy and to “put their blinders on,” and wait to be sent somewhere instead of being proactive. For example, there is an Officer that has been here just over a year and has made less than 12 arrest since out of training. Thats really sad. So I am sorry that you, me and the city has to deal with this.