Loss of Foward Drop

Unregistered

Loss of Foward Drop

Why wasn't the forward drop negotiated in the new contract? Surprise! Lugo will have the forward drop but for those of us who were hired when there was a forward drop but weren't vested by 2012, we just lost a huge benefit. For those of you that don't know what is the difference between a back drop and a forward drop, if you retire with a back drop you will lose a portion of your pension. For those of you that don't think this is a big deal because your far from retirement, once you lose a benefit, it is unlikely you will get it back.

Unregistered

Lugo and Destephan lost my vote

It looks like they accepted the first offer that the city gave them. The civilians are getting 12% and I guarantee the fire fighters will get a better contract as well. The ones that are benefiting are Ortiz, who now works a 4-10 and receives supplemental pay, and Lugo who coincidentally was vested in 2012 and will receive the forward drop. What a bunch of bs. Thanks FOP.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It looks like they accepted the first offer that the city gave them. The civilians are getting 12% and I guarantee the fire fighters will get a better contract as well. The ones that are benefiting are Ortiz, who now works a 4-10 and receives supplemental pay, and Lugo who coincidentally was vested in 2012 and will receive the forward drop. What a bunch of bs. Thanks FOP.

HERE IS A VIDEO OF THE NEGOTIATIONS>>>THE LOOK ON ORTIZ AND LUGO's FACES PRICELESS>>>!!!

https://youtu.be/UnPD252K0Xo

Unregistered
    Ortiz got forward drop and we haven’t had it since 2012. Backdrop has been in place and in this contract we get our 64 points back and no ten year election on backdrop. Voting yes