Sheriff Knight talks to 75 people

Senior Member LEO Affairs Lieutenant

Lightbulb Sheriff Knight talks to 75 people

Sarasota County Sheriff Tom Knight lecturing audience

Quote Originally Posted by “Will Wang”
    About 75 people gathered at the USF Sarasota-Manatee to commemorate the 17th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks.
    Full story:
    http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20...t-and-learning
    Journalism can never be silent: that is its greatest virtue and its greatest fault. It must speak, and speak immediately, while the echoes of wonder, the claims of triumph and the signs of horror are still in the air.

Unregistered
    Some people just don't look good in hats. It might be an egg-shaped head or the hat magnifies a fat face, but either way, it looks like a clown hat, which is perfect for the Greatest Show on Earth. LOL

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/7d/bc...dbefb007b6.jpg

Unregistered

Thumbs up

It's a waste of money to buy everybody one of those incredibly expensive clown hats because no one wears them. They are still "new in the box" for most people, even for the old timers.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Some people just don't look good in hats. It might be an egg-shaped head or the hat magnifies a fat face, but either way, it looks like a clown hat, which is perfect for the Greatest Show on Earth. LOL

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/7d/bc...dbefb007b6.jpg
    Would you rather wear a bus driver hat???

Unregistered
    I wasn't there so I cannot say forsurebut based upon the past behavior he didn't talk to 75 people, he talked AT them.

Unregistered
    It's a waste of money to buy everybody one of those incredibly expensive clown hats because no one wears them. They are still "new in the box" for most people, even for the old timers.

Actually several people wear them. I guess the words "command presence" doesnt mean anything to you. The problem is most people don't know how to wear them. Florida Sheriffs in all the counties chose to go them many years ago. FHP,DOT then followed. Personally I miss my Stetson. They should actually have a segment in in service on how to wear them. The Sheriff does know how to wear it.

Unregistered
    Excluding the honor guard, only one person wears those clown hats while he’s on his horse. Actually, two people wear them, if Knight is included in the math equation. Nobody wears those clown hats on routine patrol. Never have and never will. Those hats look laughable, like something out of a comedy or uhhhhh a circus. LOL

Unregistered
    Knight didn't talk to 75 people. He talked AT them.
    • A tyrant demands respect by instilling fear through revenge.
    • A leader commands respect by instilling confidence in subordinates.
    • There is a yuge difference between demanding respect vs. commanding respect.
    • Knight demands respect – or else face his threats and revenge!!!!

Click here for a closer gander at the goose in his clown hat!

Unregistered
    • A tyrant demands respect by instilling fear through revenge.
    • A leader commands respect by instilling confidence in subordinates.
    • There is a yuge difference between demanding respect vs. commanding respect.
    • Knight demands respect – or else face his threats and revenge!!!!

Click here for a closer gander at the goose in his clown hat!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkgwmPUak70