Speedy GonZegers - 142mph Pursuit and Subsequent Vehicle Fire - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but the sally port does not meet the definition of "street or highway." Which careless driving has to be committed on a "street or highway."

The ticket should never have been issued in the first place. No tickets should ever have been written in the sally port.
    Respectfully (who ever you are), you are in no position to tell other law enforcement officers what they can and can't enforce. If they write a citation, they write a citation. Let them deal with it in court.

Unregistered

Re

I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but the sally port does not meet the definition of "street or highway." Which careless driving has to be committed on a "street or highway."

The ticket should never have been issued in the first place. No tickets should ever have been written in the sally port.
    Yes they can write it in there. It does not matter that it was on private property. It happened on private property between to between to owners of property that do not own the property they were on at the time of the crash. (It does not matter that he was an employee of the vehicles owner)I have been to court many of times for citations like this. The judge has ruled “due to the carelesness of the driver, he damaged anothers property with a motor vehicle” let the judges down there decide. Plus nobody can tell that SGT to dismiss a ticket. He took the discreation away and that is not allowed.

Unregistered

Re

Yup we write them when people run into houses. Private property.

Unregistered
    This captain is the biggest turd we have. word of advice Gideons get out of here no one likes your ass
    I'm ok with him, maybe you and the same cancer group are the problem. It has always been about you three.

Unregistered
    Yes they can write it in there. It does not matter that it was on private property. It happened on private property between to between to owners of property that do not own the property they were on at the time of the crash. (It does not matter that he was an employee of the vehicles owner)I have been to court many of times for citations like this. The judge has ruled “due to the carelesness of the driver, he damaged anothers property with a motor vehicle” let the judges down there decide. Plus nobody can tell that SGT to dismiss a ticket. He took the discreation away and that is not allowed.
    And a supervisor can very well have you dismiss it. The crash involved two government vehicles, no civilian vehicles involved. We tell you to write it, we tell you to dismiss it. Learn the tools of the trade Nancy. That's the same as me calling for my own tow truck because I Own the vehicle.

Unregistered

Re

And a supervisor can very well have you dismiss it. The crash involved two government vehicles, no civilian vehicles involved. We tell you to write it, we tell you to dismiss it. Learn the tools of the trade Nancy. That's the same as me calling for my own tow truck because I Own the vehicle.
    Yeah? Show in weiting where it says you can make me dismiss. Haha. Nowhere. I have told supervisors on many occasions no. They can go to the judge and explain why they want me to dismiss. They never do.

Unregistered
    Actually no. Here's a video of me calling you.

Unregistered
    FHP will be no more within 5 years. Mark my words. CVE and BCII will be there is some capacity, but road troopers will be extinct

Unregistered
    FHP will be no more within 5 years. Mark my words. CVE and BCII will be there is some capacity, but road troopers will be extinct
    5 years?? It’s like that now.

Unregistered

A number of components to this can lead to confusion, even at GHQ. Government agencies who's vehicles are involved in a collision are using the FHP to write the crashes avoid the appearance of a biased investigation which used to be prevalent when a police department always found in favor of their own officers during crash investigations. The other thing that comes to mind is when F troop wrote an attorney a VROW ticket a parking lot about 5 years ago. The attorney dumped a mountain of forms on GHQ and the Col had a meltdown. I thought that was the end of parking lot tickets, but there are certain instances where they would be valid, but some kid 18 months out of the academy isn't going to know how or when.

In closing, why are you kids so wound up whenever someone gets in a pursuit (or doesn't)? Is that what this job is to you? Who gets to chase people you should be chasing, or who gets to have all the fun? Who gets what detail? If you look at it through those standards, you could never be happy anywhere under any circumstances. For GOD sake, stay safe, prepare for retirement than make sure you get to that day in one piece.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast