?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ?

Unregistered

?

Are y’all hiring? How many openings? Do y’all fill openings quickly? Do y’all work hard to retain employees? Thanks.

Unregistered
    If you can stay calm while all around you is chaos, then you probably haven't completely understood the situation.....

Unregistered
    The sunlight finally fell, who is on the street by the tree, a crimson rose in a hand. Let me keep my dream at the end of the day.
    Wait for the other spring to love and stop by.
    happy wheels run 3

Unregistered

This place sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Are y’all hiring? How many openings? Do y’all fill openings quickly? Do y’all work hard to retain employees? Thanks.
    Yes we are always hiring because we are always short. You see, no one wants to work here because the administration sucks and the pay is low. They do nothing to retain employees. The pay is low, the benefits suck, and everyone stabs each other in the back. In fact, they make our lives miserable causing everyone to leave like the four we’re losing this month.

PS: The chief is bipolar and the deputy chief is a liar.

Unregistered
    What happened to your agency? It use to be so proactive and respected by all. Now it’s the armpit of law enforcement in the county. The defense attorneys laugh at the agency and the state attorneys are always complaining. It can’t just be the chiefs fault, it has to go higher to the city manager and commission. I’m not trolling, I’m concerned. Has the city manager and commission just put y’all in the corner and forgotten about you? I was one of the citizens, all though I do work in a related field, in attendance for the sheriff’s proposal and remember hearing the commission saying they needed to pay closure attention to the department and support it. By reading these threads and hearing what I hear I can only assume that has not happened.

Obviously there is also a cultural issue with the chief and the D/C not connecting and leading the agency which only magnifies the issues at the department. If the city manager ever retires it may be time to replace the upper command at the department as well.

Just my thoughts....

Unregistered
    What happened to your agency? It use to be so proactive and respected by all. Now it’s the armpit of law enforcement in the county. The defense attorneys laugh at the agency and the state attorneys are always complaining. It can’t just be the chiefs fault, it has to go higher to the city manager and commission. I’m not trolling, I’m concerned. Has the city manager and commission just put y’all in the corner and forgotten about you? I was one of the citizens, all though I do work in a related field, in attendance for the sheriff’s proposal and remember hearing the commission saying they needed to pay closure attention to the department and support it. By reading these threads and hearing what I hear I can only assume that has not happened.

Obviously there is also a cultural issue with the chief and the D/C not connecting and leading the agency which only magnifies the issues at the department. If the city manager ever retires it may be time to replace the upper command at the department as well.

Just my thoughts....
    There are some issues with pay, and you are correct that the city manager/city commission neglect the employees. The employees are hugely underpaid in comparison with other agencies. They are no longer able to attract qualified applicants and get stuck with less desire able candidates, or candidates that only stay for a short time before leaving for more money.

The Chief has made a lot of changes within the past year or so, and not everyone is happy with the changes. The poster above yours appears to be one of those. Most of the employees are happy, and those that aren’t (typically because of money, not atmosphere) leave for other agencies.

The employees have expressed the need for higher pay many times over the past ten years, however the CM has no desire to listen and the commissioners do not hold his feet to the fire. Bottom line is the CM has been around much too long.

If you look at ALL of the departments within the city, you will find the same results. Bartow is not able to attract qualified candidates or maintain those that are qualified in any department.

Change isn’t always bad, and in this case, it is definitely time for change. He negotiated himself an excellent retirement package several years ago. Hopefully he will use it soon.

Unregistered
    ...Obviously there is also a cultural issue with the chief and the D/C not connecting and leading the agency which only magnifies the issues at the department. If the city manager ever retires it may be time to replace the upper command at the department as well.

Just my thoughts....
    Good Lord, we could only be so lucky....Wish the Sheriff would just come back and make an offer the Commission couldn't refuse.

Unregistered
    Good Lord, we could only be so lucky....Wish the Sheriff would just come back and make an offer the Commission couldn't refuse.
    1891 Jim Keene Blvd will provide you with an application if you’re so unhappy.

Unregistered
    Exactly, you have the SAME leadership attitude and skills as the chief and dc. Don’t like it here, LEAVE. You must be in line for promotion. That’s a toxic attitude to have, and doesn’t inspire anyone, may wanna work on that.

Unregistered
    You are the only one with a toxic attitude. If you’re so unhappy you can always leave. You may want to CANVAS the department for the EAP contact Information. “If you are not sure what a canvas it, please refer to your letter of guidance”

Respectfully Admin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast