FHP- Anyone attending upcoming academy or in hiring process - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm in the process. I'm so excited. I've always wanted to be a Police Officer, it's been my life's dream. I think once I get a year in I may try to transfer to BCII OR something before promoting to Sgt.
    What part of the hiring process are u on and when did u start?

Hiram

Hilo!

What part of the hiring process are u on and when did u start?
    mI gIt hIrRRd bYe duH fHp! Mi R sOw eXcitMiNt!! mI ArR kUnT mI hArE aN mI kLiP mI nALez!! Mi reEde sHtaTchOO bUk sChaPtoOr 1 tRuu 10!! Mi ArR rIdy fuR dRiv!!

Unregistered
    I'm in the process. I'm so excited. I've always wanted to be a Police Officer, it's been my life's dream. I think once I get a year in I may try to transfer to BCII OR something before promoting to Sgt.
    Dude please, for the love of God don't do it. It will be the biggest mistake of your life I promise. If you are doing it for the free academy then atleast ensure you have no other options (local cadet program, GI bill for a real academy etc.) There is a reason why people are forced to stay for two years. Law Enforcement is an amazing field but FHP doesn't really fall into that category. You will be "urged" to write more tickets and will have to constantly pick up the slack due to manpower issues and lazy people.

Go do a ride along with each of your local county and city departments and I promise you you'll see why this is all bs.

Unregistered

This guy. Will someone tell him FHP troopers are NOT Police Officers?

Unregistered
    This guy. Will someone tell him FHP troopers are NOT Police Officers?
    Definition of police officer:

: a person whose job is to enforce laws, investigate crimes, and make arrests : a member of the police

Go answer your dog barking and noise complaint calls, Mr Real Police Officer :-)

Unregistered
    Dude please, for the love of God don't do it. It will be the biggest mistake of your life I promise. If you are doing it for the free academy then atleast ensure you have no other options (local cadet program, GI bill for a real academy etc.) There is a reason why people are forced to stay for two years. Law Enforcement is an amazing field but FHP doesn't really fall into that category. You will be "urged" to write more tickets and will have to constantly pick up the slack due to manpower issues and lazy people.

Go do a ride along with each of your local county and city departments and I promise you you'll see why this is all bs.
    Form your own opinion, not what you read from idiots on here. Plenty of us love FHP, and yes I worked at a PD before here and wouldn’t go back for anything (no I wasn’t ran off from there for the haters out there).

Unregistered
    Call the recruitment office with any real questions. Anything you get on here will be garbage and unreliable.

Unregistered
    Definition of police officer:

: a person whose job is to enforce laws, investigate crimes, and make arrests : a member of the police

Go answer your dog barking and noise complaint calls, Mr Real Police Officer :-)

Definition of a pooper trooper:

A person whose job is to enforce traffic laws, not investigate crimes. Not a member of the police.

Synonyms: Community service aide, meter maid.

I'll take the few noise complaints over 65ing 2 hour old crashes from the SO any day. You troopers just don't get it. Do a ride along with your local Police, you'll see.

Unregistered
    Form your own opinion, not what you read from idiots on here. Plenty of us love FHP, and yes I worked at a PD before here and wouldn’t go back for anything (no I wasn’t ran off from there for the haters out there).

Hmm if this is true, then one of the following must be the case. 1, you failed FTO with the PD. 2, you are scared of working and would rather sit under a tree with FHP. Or 3, you worked as a CSA for the PD lol

Unregistered
    Hmm if this is true, then one of the following must be the case. 1, you failed FTO with the PD. 2, you are scared of working and would rather sit under a tree with FHP. Or 3, you worked as a CSA for the PD lol
    Negative on all 3, cowboy. I would run circles around you here at FHP or back at the PD, but I guess you’ll never know. If your PD is so great, why do you even come in the FHP thread? Sorry we disqualified you 🤣

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast