Glad I'm Retired

Unregistered

Glad I'm Retired

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm a retired Sgt , retired in 05 after 31 years, after reading some of the post , I can tell you some things never change. From the cliques , to the favoritism, to majors and Lts who believe they are Gods gift to Miami Dade, (hated that name I prefer Metro-Dade.)
    When ever I start missing the brown gown I come here and read the comments, and thank God I'm gone.
    Stay safe and always act as if there's a camera on you, because into days times, there probably is.
    In retrospect if I was still working into days Dept I would probably tell "Gods gifts" to Golf Foxtrot Yankee.
    One other item,, all the azz wipes I work with , now act as if they're my best friend , F-ing losers.
    I ignore them like the sh** stain they are..

Retired Sgt living the good life

Unregistered
    Lol, I love it. I wish I was you! Get your monies worth from FRS; enjoy it and make it a long, healthy retirement!

Unregistered
    lol. Everytime I rehash wanting to be a cop, I too come here, read the posts, and stay in private sector.
    thanks guys...you saved me a career life of pain and suffering
    but also, to those receiving pensions...after all the shi* I read on here, you seem to be well deserving of the money from misery endured

maybe we just rename pension as p&S money just like alimony or civil judgement awards - lol
    love your service...please keep your head and hearts in the right place though.

Unregistered
    Is it really the bad working in law enforcement? I make okay money in the private sector, but I obsessed with wanting to work in law enforcement. I mean nowhere else will you get the nice sweet pension, benefits, free gas and all the overtime available. Plus the life of serving others and protecting those in need. Also, the brotherhood. I sure do not get that in the private sector. Overall, my job is boring without any action or anything like making a difference. 😕

Unregistered
    What brotherhood?

Unregistered
    Only brotherhood you will find is working in the fire service. It does exist in law enforcement. At least not in Dade County. Trust me.