Chase Double Standard - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is it ok for a criminal to break into your house, steal your car and commit a couple grand thefts and just turn the cruiser around and drive the other way. Because property crimes don't matter according to PCSO pursuit policy. I guess Bob doesn't trust the discretion of his supervisors or shift commanders. Ridiculous rules from ridiculous Sheriff.
    Not it is not, I said misdemeanors are not worth high speed pursuits. Neither scenario you mentioned is a misdemeanor. So I’m not sure what your point is.

Some of you have some serious reading comprehension issues...

Unregistered
    Not it is not, I said misdemeanors are not worth high speed pursuits. Neither scenario you mentioned is a misdemeanor. So I’m not sure what your point is.

Some of you have some serious reading comprehension issues...
    The point is policy won’t allow people to engage on a stolen car, burglary suspects, aggravated battery suspects or anything other than murder or robbery with a gun.

Unregistered
    The point is policy won’t allow people to engage on a stolen car, burglary suspects, aggravated battery suspects or anything other than murder or robbery with a gun.
    You should actually read the policy moron. What it says is you can chase any forcible felony except arson involving only property damage, burglary involving a firearm where the overall target was theft of property, aggravated assault unless a firearm was used. I think that’s it but I could be wrong. And that means you have to go read up on forcible felonies. Let me help:

776.08 Forcible felony.—“Forcible felony” means treason; murder; manslaughter; sexual battery; carjacking; home-invasion robbery; robbery; burglary; arson; kidnapping; aggravated assault; aggravated battery; aggravated stalking; aircraft piracy; unlawful throwing, placing, or discharging of a destructive device or bomb; and any other felony which involves the use or threat of physical force or violence against any individual

That last part leaves a gray area. Good luck getting that one to work.

Or you have extremely dangerous driving. That one is really hard to articulate, good luck with that one. You better have the road warrior high on spice driving Mach 3 the Wrong down a highway in a school zone.

So, you were wrong, but Jesus it would take a flow chart to navigate this mess when a car runs from you. Hey!!! You can break out your stupid ****ing general counsel prepared and Sheriff approved handy dandy laminated pursuit checklist flow chart. When you crash using it you will face the accident review board. Hahahahahaha.

Unregistered
    So basically any forcible felony that we encounter on a regular basis isn’t enough to pursue.

Got it. Maybe they will give us more flow charts to figure the $hit out with. It’s sure easy to call a time out and read it from a well lit office in heat of battle

Unregistered
    You should actually read the policy moron. What it says is you can chase any forcible felony except arson involving only property damage, burglary involving a firearm where the overall target was theft of property, aggravated assault unless a firearm was used. I think that’s it but I could be wrong. And that means you have to go read up on forcible felonies. Let me help:

776.08 Forcible felony.—“Forcible felony” means treason; murder; manslaughter; sexual battery; carjacking; home-invasion robbery; robbery; burglary; arson; kidnapping; aggravated assault; aggravated battery; aggravated stalking; aircraft piracy; unlawful throwing, placing, or discharging of a destructive device or bomb; and any other felony which involves the use or threat of physical force or violence against any individual

That last part leaves a gray area. Good luck getting that one to work.

Or you have extremely dangerous driving. That one is really hard to articulate, good luck with that one. You better have the road warrior high on spice driving Mach 3 the Wrong down a highway in a school zone.

So, you were wrong, but Jesus it would take a flow chart to navigate this mess when a car runs from you. Hey!!! You can break out your stupid ****ing general counsel prepared and Sheriff approved handy dandy laminated pursuit checklist flow chart. When you crash using it you will face the accident review board. Hahahahahaha.
    Treason? Does this mean we are allowed to chase Hillary Clinton the next time she visits Pinellas?

Unregistered
    The point of the thread wasn’t the policy itself. It’s that it’s not universally applied.

It was....

Patrol deputy pursues a stolen car. No injuries, fatality, or even property damage. Deputy receives punishment and it goes public.

VS.

VCTF pursues for DWLSR which results in a innocent citizen’s DEATH. Bob backs the VCTF in front of the media with lies and the issue goes away quietly.

Unregistered
    Children,

Please read the policy and follow it. It is not that hard to read or understand. If you have trouble reading I’m sure they can get you a tutor. If you cant follow the lines on that fancy little card or rememebr what it says then I guess your screwed. The policy allows to chase for serious stuff just not crap. Stealing stuff from Kohls is not serious and hurting someone is. Why is that so hard to grasp?

Love,
    Mommy

Unregistered
    Children,

Please read the policy and follow it. It is not that hard to read or understand. If you have trouble reading I’m sure they can get you a tutor. If you cant follow the lines on that fancy little card or rememebr what it says then I guess your screwed. The policy allows to chase for serious stuff just not crap. Stealing stuff from Kohls is not serious and hurting someone is. Why is that so hard to grasp?

Love,
    Mommy
    Ok, so aggravated battery, burglars, car theifs, those folks never have to be accountable if they make it to a car and drive off. I guess that’s why car burglaries and GTA are rampant coupled with the associated criminality they attract. Those crimes are not crap, they are felonies. Let someone break into your house and I bet you will want those folks caught not just allowed to drive away with immunity because they got to a safe space, the car

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;2934726]Ok, so aggravated battery, burglars, car theifs, those folks never have to be accountable if they make it to a car and drive off. I guess that’s why car burglaries and GTA are rampant coupled with the associated criminality they attract. Those crimes are not crap, they are felonies. Let someone break into your house and I bet you will want those folks caught not just allowed to drive away with immunity because they got to a safe space, the car

I guess it's easier to explain why we didn't pursue rather why we did subsequently crashing and killing an innocent party. These dirt bags have no money and Bobs attorney friends will sue the SO for damages,injuries or God forbid the loss of life.

Unregistered
    It should burn your ass a little that Major Nalven used to chase anything he wanted to. Motorcycles, speeders, simple DUI’s. Now he fries guys who follow a stolen car or wrong way driver three seconds too long. That’s the biggest double standard ever. But man can he write tickets, oh buddy.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast