Chase Double Standard - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    That man could have thrown anything out the window while he was fleeing so I guess you like the policy where police just let criminals go if they refuse to stop. Brilliant

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    That man could have thrown anything out the window while he was fleeing so I guess you like the policy where police just let criminals go if they refuse to stop. Brilliant
    Wouldn’t that be awesome? Citizens would be relieved to know we don’t turn around and drive the other way when burglars, car thieves, drug dealers and gun toting felons run in a car. But that’s what we do. Free and clear.

Unregistered
    Wouldn’t that be awesome? Citizens would be relieved to know we don’t turn around and drive the other way when burglars, car thieves, drug dealers and gun toting felons run in a car. But that’s what we do. Free and clear.
    Bob remembers a pursuit that took place in 1988 when 24 agencies pursued a vehicle from the beaches to curlew an US19. The veh a mustang blew the light and killed a mother and daughter in another vehicle. The pursuit was initiated over running a red light. Bob has had nightmares since and will not change his policy. I think Bob never engaged in the pursuit because he was riding a two man car in Baskins loafing.

Unregistered
    “Could have” being the key words there. You don’t really know, do you?

And no, I like common sense policies. Petty arguments your throwing there...

Unregistered
    “Could have” being the key words there. You don’t really know, do you?

And no, I like common sense policies. Petty arguments your throwing there...
    So with your logic why take any action as police as it could have consequences? It is common sense to arrest people that run from the cops. the only people that benefit from not doing so are criminals. Tampa police seem to be able to catch people that flee with no issues so it’s possible to do it

Unregistered
    Bob remembers a pursuit that took place in 1988 when 24 agencies pursued a vehicle from the beaches to curlew an US19. The veh a mustang blew the light and killed a mother and daughter in another vehicle. The pursuit was initiated over running a red light. Bob has had nightmares since and will not change his policy. I think Bob never engaged in the pursuit because he was riding a two man car in Baskins loafing.
    And since then we have PIT, Boxing In, and Stop Sticks. But it’s hard to use those tools when you are expected to turn tail and run the other way. That pursuit that led to the Brown Case would have been ended by one or all of those had it happened today. A lot of people run from cops. Today more run because they know we don’t chase anymore. That’s what Bob’s policy did. They know we have been de-nutted by Bob.

Unregistered
    So with your logic why take any action as police as it could have consequences? It is common sense to arrest people that run from the cops. the only people that benefit from not doing so are criminals. Tampa police seem to be able to catch people that flee with no issues so it’s possible to do it
    Maybe the way you follow logic... but that’s not what I’m saying st all if you’ve been reading the posts. I’m saying we shouldn’t pursue people at high speeds for misdemeanors. Not sure why that part is hard to understand. Think with your brain not your fragile ego.

If you want to model our chase policies after Tampa PD... they don’t pursue people “just because they flee” without any idea why they’re chasing... let alone a misdemeanor. Hence, there is an actual through process and they’re under actual supervision by people with common sense. Probably why their paid more...

This is not combat so you don’t get to keep use “collateral damage” justification.

Unregistered
    Maybe the way you follow logic... but that’s not what I’m saying st all if you’ve been reading the posts. I’m saying we shouldn’t pursue people at high speeds for misdemeanors. Not sure why that part is hard to understand. Think with your brain not your fragile ego.

If you want to model our chase policies after Tampa PD... they don’t pursue people “just because they flee” without any idea why they’re chasing... let alone a misdemeanor. Hence, there is an actual through process and they’re under actual supervision by people with common sense. Probably why their paid more...

This is not combat so you don’t get to keep use “collateral damage” justification.
    Is it ok for a criminal to break into your house, steal your car and commit a couple grand thefts and just turn the cruiser around and drive the other way. Because property crimes don't matter according to PCSO pursuit policy. I guess Bob doesn't trust the discretion of his supervisors or shift commanders. Ridiculous rules from ridiculous Sheriff.

Unregistered
    The double standard is that the task force can chase anything they want all night. Normal patrol folks can’t though and if they do they get suspended

Unregistered
    There is no dogsled standard. They don’t pursue cars. Bahahhahahahahha

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast