Chase Double Standard
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Chase Double Standard

So if it is patrol deputies Bob says, “It’s a stolen car. That’s all it was," Gualtieri said. "Someone’s life isn’t worth a hunk of metal." This said after suspending a lieutenant, a deputy all preceded by mass IA’s resulting in other suspensions. “That’s the danger of these things," he said. "It could have been a very bad consequence."

But if it’s VCTF, "We don’t pursue for minor offenses because people get hurt as a result of pursuits," he said. In their case they merely “monitored” the mustang at ten mph. But then out of no where boom, it’s off tot he races and hits an innocent man from Pasadena and kills him, all for suspended license.

So if Patrol cars pursue a bad guy using lights and sirens which can warn others of the chase, that’s too dangerous and cannot be risked. But when VCTF pursues a bad guy in regular cars at high speed that’s not dangerous because why would bad guys run from a rwgular car.

Lets see, Patrol has been involved in zero pursuit related fatalities for decades. But if you look at history where do the pursuit related fatalities come from? Sounds like your plan is shit Bob.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So if it is patrol deputies Bob says, “It’s a stolen car. That’s all it was," Gualtieri said. "Someone’s life isn’t worth a hunk of metal." This said after suspending a lieutenant, a deputy all preceded by mass IA’s resulting in other suspensions. “That’s the danger of these things," he said. "It could have been a very bad consequence."

But if it’s VCTF, "We don’t pursue for minor offenses because people get hurt as a result of pursuits," he said. In their case they merely “monitored” the mustang at ten mph. But then out of no where boom, it’s off tot he races and hits an innocent man from Pasadena and kills him, all for suspended license.

So if Patrol cars pursue a bad guy using lights and sirens which can warn others of the chase, that’s too dangerous and cannot be risked. But when VCTF pursues a bad guy in regular cars at high speed that’s not dangerous because why would bad guys run from a rwgular car.

Lets see, Patrol has been involved in zero pursuit related fatalities for decades. But if you look at history where do the pursuit related fatalities come from? Sounds like your plan is shit Bob.
    VCTF is a bunch of hired guns for St. Pete PD. Always down in the city playing visor down games.

Unregistered
    God forbid we have a unit that sends a message that we still police the savages. You cowards need a new gig. Risk is part of policing. You can’t sit here and hold a monopoly on security in the community and refuse to chase predators.

Unregistered
    God forbid we have a unit that sends a message that we still police the savages. You cowards need a new gig. Risk is part of policing. You can’t sit here and hold a monopoly on security in the community and refuse to chase predators.
    I agree. Problem is Bob not lets one unit do it. He suspends regular deputies for doing their job. It’s because he doesn’t trust anyone who works for him. It’s a disgrace is what it is. Bob isn’t scared to let cops be cops.

Unregistered
    Predators and savages like those with a suspended license? Are they really worth an innocent bystander's life? No, they are not. Policing sometimes requires common sense and restraint. Considering the fact you have none of those qualities you either are on or would be a perfect candidate for VCTF. At the very least, if you're going to pursue, commit to it and run lights and sirens. No one really buys this "following from a distance" crap.

Unregistered
    They're running for more than a suspended license. You're kidding yourself if you're that on board with the coward koolaid.

Unregistered
    They're running for more than a suspended license. You're kidding yourself if you're that on board with the coward koolaid.
    Not always! Some freak out when they see in the mirror a cop lighting them up. Bad guys just don't want to go to jail. Bob is going the way of public opinion, to save his own azz. Sure, he done some good for the department as a whole. Just read some of the posts here from his do-boy's and yes men.. Anyone that has a different opinion of Bob's they are all over that person. I've had people run over the years. Guess for what??? I'll help you, no license.. They know they have a 50-50 chance of getting away. Now it's more like 97-3. Now, your kidding yourself and should stay away from the Koolaid. I hate to be the bearer of bad news for you. Deputies have and will lie, to cover and save, their own azz. We both know it! So, your what sitting at a desk reading this forum at Bob's orders and have to respond, treating others you work with like a
    d!ck? I don't how you do it being perfect and all and have to put up with us dummies. I'm sure the next round of promotion, you'll get something.. Yet, it will only last till a new Sheriff is voted in. Which may be a while but he or she will see your nothing more then a kiss-azz.. Please feel free to respond and tell me what a azz I'm. I'm ok with that, cause I'm old and just don't give a sh!t..

Unregistered
    Yeah they run because they are suspended, have dope, have guns, warrants or because they are in a stolen car. None of those allow a Pursuit. Let that sink in, none of those alone allow a Pursuit. So unless they are wanted for murder, robbery, sexual battery, or aggravated battery or assault with a gun you are shit out of luck. Unless you have time to verify what charges you have via the lawyers lengthy policy. Good luck with that. And good luck going into the grey areas and not catching forty hours off. Bob loves burning workers.

Unregistered
    The policy rewards lazy people that only do the bare minimum and milk calls. Never get suspended for driving away from a stolen car or a car fleein

Unregistered
    Well, the problem is that your logic doesn't check out in the very incident we're discussing...

The guy had no warrants, nothing illegal in the car, and had unremarkable criminal history. Just one arrest for theft five years ago. He ran solely because he was DWLSR and scared.

But you already knew that or else you wouldn't have said something so stupid...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast