Insurance increase

Unregistered

Insurance increase

According to CM there will be a 6.5% increase to our insurance? So we will be paying $650+ per month for a family to be insured? I'm sorry to have self insurance.We really don't have insurance.

How about the city eat the cost. Nah. CM and Mayor needs a raise or trees on the beach.

So let's get this straight...

No COLA
    No Steps
    Contribute 10% into pension
    Take homes but we pay..
    Less pay then surrounding agencies.
    Now paying more for insurance?

If the City low balls us on this contract, tell them to shove it. Time to take a stand.At this point who cares how it ends up.

No more City bullying.

Unregistered
    If it's so bad at Clearwater, just leave. Go to an agency that treats and pays you better.

Unregistered
    This is a shell game at its finest. Here is your budgeted 4-4-4 for the next three years. Oh by the way.....your over priced, shitty health insurance is going up, which at the end of the day will offset any raise. The city will continue to negotiate with the insurance company where employee contributes more which means the raise they will offer will cost them nothing.

tired of the attitude.......anything we ask for must be cost neutral for the city. time to take care of the people who serve and protect this city and makes it a SAFE tourist destination

Unregistered

Reality check time!!!

The last big raise federal civilian employees was 2.9 percent in 2009. After that the 2010 raise was 1.5% followed by nothing in 2011, 2012 and 2013. Three years, no pay raises. The non-raise in 2013 was followed by 1% increases in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017. They got a 1.4% pay raise in 2018. And a few weeks ago Trump cancelled any raises for 2019.

The military, starting in 2010, received pay raises of 3.4, 1.4, 1.6, 1.7, 1.0, 1.0, 1.3, 2.1, and 2.4%. The members of the military are slated for a 2.6% raise in 2019.

Federal and military employees have to make ends meet too, and they not immune to inflation and rising insurance costs.

But you’re saying your quality of life will suffer even if you get a guaranteed 12% pay raise over the next 3 years?

Unregistered
    Federal civilian employees, starting in 2010, received a 1.5% raise; followed by nothing in 2011, 2012 and 2013. Three years, no pay raises, was then followed by 1% increases in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017. They got a 1.4% pay raise in 2018. And just a couple of weeks ago, Trump cancelled any pay raise for 2019.

Military, starting in 2010, received pay raises of 3.4, 1.4, 1.6, 1.7, 1.0, 1.0, 1.3, 2.1, and 2.4%. They are slated for a 2.6% raise in 2019.

Federal and military employees have to make ends meet too, and they are not immune to inflation and rising insurance costs.

But you’re complaining about a guaranteed 12% pay raise over the next 3 years?

Unregistered
    If I wanted to be a federal employee I would have applied for that type job. Also I would sacrifice a portion of a raise for healthcare for life after I retire like a fed retiree.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If I wanted to be a federal employee I would have applied for that type job. Also I would sacrifice a portion of a raise for healthcare for life after I retire like a fed retiree.
    Looks like you need to take your talents to Tampa.
    https://www.tampagov.net/sites/defau...d-benefits.pdf

Unregistered
    Who is running for FOP President in November!!!!!

Unregistered
    No one you idiot because if you were educated you would know that Squillante has another year before elections.

None you morons would win an election against Steve anyway.

First of all he’s doing a great job by being fiscally responsible and in a short period of time has brought our fraternal and labor memberships to the plus side again after inheriting a complete mess. Also, he’s already exposed all of you idiots in front of your own peer group every single time you’ve challenged him on a particular contract related topic. So yeah, good luck in December of ‘19. You really don’t have a chance....

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Looks like you need to take your talents to Tampa.
    https://www.tampagov.net/sites/defau...d-benefits.pdf
    That is pay scale for 4 years ago. Top out for MPO is 90k now