Must find someone to run against Chitwood! - Page 7
Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Another incompetent boob. He was the laziest guy on the department. Another administrator who only put in 3 to 4 hours a day at the most.
    On that note, nothing has changed. The administration in this department still put in less than 30 hours per week. I thought all that was going to change one Chitwood came in but it’s more of the same for the upper management. Last asses.

Unregistered
    On that note, nothing has changed. The administration in this department still put in less than 30 hours per week. I thought all that was going to change one Chitwood came in but it’s more of the same for the upper management. Last asses.
    *Lazy asses.

Unregistered
    Melody - great guy. White - incompetent.
    I like Dana White just fine on a personal level, but he's not Sheriff material. Now Jim Melady, I think, would be a great choice! Any other names come to mind, folks?

Unregistered
    I like Dana White just fine on a personal level, but he's not Sheriff material. Now Jim Melady, I think, would be a great choice! Any other names come to mind, folks?
    Beaver for Sheriff

Unregistered

Pat Thoman

This is Part Thoman and I was made aware of this post two days ago. It won't allow me to post under my real name so I'm telling you who I am. I'm going to clarify a few things here.

I'm not sure who brought me into this conversation but I'll comment using my real identity. I don't need to hide behind an anonymous screen name.
    First, I have no desire to get back into law enforcement. I spent over 25 years of my life serving my community and the only "writing on the wall" I saw was that of my retirement account. I no longer needed to work for the Sheriff's Office, I have access to my retirement money. I started my own business and don't have to deal with politics or back stabbing people. After a year of retirement I took a job as a private investigator and consultant. I make my own hours in my business and my consulting position.
    From what you have mentioned you are either Bob Rohm or one of his little minions at the Deland courthouse.
    Yes my father has known Ben Johnson since Ben was about 10 or 12 years old. My dad started the first Boy Scout troop in Deland back in the late 1950s or early 1960s. Ben was just one of the kids in his pack, along with Jim Clayton, David Monk and several other successful men in this town. But I wasn't promoted either as sergeant or lieutenant because of that. I worked hard and have a very diverse and we'll rounded experience in the Sheriff's Office and that must make you jealous because you couldn't get promoted to lieutenant.
    I took the promotion to Lieutenant for a couple reasons. First, because Ben Johnson asked me to put in for it. Second it was my plan to retire at the end of 2016 but I wanted to help pick my replacement in Major Case. I took a $10,000 pay cut to do so. I stayed because I was working with other staff to reorganize Investigative Services, then implementing those changes. This was also something Chitwood wanted to do. Unlike some of you, I took the opportunity to speak about positive changes during my mandatory meeting with Chitwood. Several of you just took the opportunity to stand others in the back and suck up to your new boss because you had nothing else to offer. Trust me, staff took note of the way you acted and as John Creamer said in at least two meetings I attended, they were going to get rid of the organizational terrorists. Most of you have survived because there is no one to replace you.
    Part of that what I stayed for was writing policies and operating manuals.
    I also had two other projects I had been working on since I was the Sergeant over Major Case and Crime Scene. One was the DNA "backlog" of sexual assault cases. I personally reviewed over 200 cases where DNA had not been sent to the lab on cases dating back to the 1990s. I decided what cases would be sent and the priority of those cases.
    The other project was an evidence review involving death cases. After meeting with staff at Evidence it was determined there were over 4,000 death cases and 20,000 narcotics cases that needed to be reviewed. I created a protocol for reviewing those cases and organized that review. As a result nearly all of those cases were disposed of. It equated to a semi truck load of evidence being disposed of. The purpose was to purge as much unnecessary property and evidence to free up space and reduce the amount of evidence that needed to be moved to the new evidence facility. I also met with IT and had them write new code for an existing and unused program to review evidence in the future to prevent an overload of evidence.
    If you have some specific knowledge explaining why I "couldn't handle" being a lieutenant please share it. But grow the balls to use your real name as I have or confront me in person.

Unregistered

Pat Thoman

This is Pat Thoman and I was made aware of this post two days ago. It won't allow me to post under my real name so I'm telling you who I am. I'm going to clarify a few things here.

I'm not sure who brought me into this conversation but I'll comment using my real identity. I don't need to hide behind an anonymous screen name.
    First, I have no desire to get back into law enforcement. I spent over 25 years of my life serving my community and the only "writing on the wall" I saw was that of my retirement account. I no longer needed to work for the Sheriff's Office, I have access to my retirement money. I started my own business and don't have to deal with politics or back stabbing people. After a year of retirement I took a job as a private investigator and consultant. I make my own hours in my business and my consulting position.
    From what you have mentioned you are either Bob Rohm or one of his little minions at the Deland courthouse.
    Yes my father has known Ben Johnson since Ben was about 10 or 12 years old. My dad started the first Boy Scout troop in Deland back in the late 1950s or early 1960s. Ben was just one of the kids in his pack, along with Jim Clayton, David Monk and several other successful men in this town. But I wasn't promoted either as sergeant or lieutenant because of that. I worked hard and have a very diverse and we'll rounded experience in the Sheriff's Office and that must make you jealous because you couldn't get promoted to lieutenant.
    I took the promotion to Lieutenant for a couple reasons. First, because Ben Johnson asked me to put in for it. Second it was my plan to retire at the end of 2016 but I wanted to help pick my replacement in Major Case. I took a $10,000 pay cut to do so. I stayed because I was working with other staff to reorganize Investigative Services, then implementing those changes. This was also something Chitwood wanted to do. Unlike some of you, I took the opportunity to speak about positive changes during my mandatory meeting with Chitwood. Several of you just took the opportunity to stand others in the back and suck up to your new boss because you had nothing else to offer. Trust me, staff took note of the way you acted and as John Creamer said in at least two meetings I attended, they were going to get rid of the organizational terrorists. Most of you have survived because there is no one to replace you.
    I also had two other projects I had been working on since I was the Sergeant over Major Case and Crime Scene. One was the DNA "backlog" of sexual assault cases. I personally reviewed over 200 cases where DNA had not been sent to the lab on cases dating back to the 1990s. I decided what cases would be sent and the priority of those cases.
    The other project was an evidence review involving death cases. After meeting with staff at Evidence it was determined there were over 4,000 death cases and 20,000 narcotics cases that needed to be reviewed. I created a protocol for reviewing those cases and organized that review. As a result nearly all of those cases were disposed of. It equated to a semi truck load of evidence being disposed of. The purpose was to purge as much unnecessary property and evidence to free up space and reduce the amount of evidence that needed to be moved to the new evidence facility. I also met with IT and had them write new code for an existing and unused program to review evidence in the future to prevent an overload of evidence.
    If you have some specific knowledge explaining why I "couldn't handle" being a lieutenant please share it. But grow the balls to use your real name as I have or confront me in person.

Unregistered
    This is Part Thoman and I was made aware of this post two days ago. It won't allow me to post under my real name so I'm telling you who I am. I'm going to clarify a few things here.

Sorry Pat, but for reasons I won't go into here, it's best that I don't use my name. But I worked with you at VCSO for many years and have nothing but respect for you. Glad to hear you're happy and are doing well. You deserve it!

Unregistered
    Sorry Pat, but for reasons I won't go into here, it's best that I don't use my name. But I worked with you at VCSO for many years and have nothing but respect for you. Glad to hear you're happy and are doing well. You deserve it!
    I agree with this post. Pat is the best. And Pat is probably right....it is probably Bob Rohm (or maybe Chitwood) that is continually bad mouthing him on here. Bob Rohm gossips like a school girl. Isn't gossiping a violation of the Policy and Directives manual? During Tammy's IA a deputy even mentioned how Bobby Rohm liked to gossip and talk about others.

Unregistered

Very interesting. You want to clarify a few things but I’m not sure if you’re trying to convince yourself or everybody else how great you were. No doubt you did a great job and were a good employee, but it sure sounds like you have a hard time letting it go. Your name was forgotten the minute you walked out the door just like the rest of us. As soon as I left, I’m sure I was forgotten as well. Look for me, that’s the way I want it. Apparently you want to leave a legacy of some type as is evident by your bragging. Good luck to you.

Unregistered
    Lets get back on track for the best viable candidate to beat chitwood. I am starting to lean towards Sheriff Mandihza

Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast